Any Guess as to 3rd Quarter Profits?

I was hoping more along the lines of double that amount!

F-series was strong. Europe was down. Overal US volume was down. Q2 was $2.8B which was $0.68 EPS.

My prediction is $2.1B which is $0.51 EPS.

I think the analyst estimates are low, even the top line estimate is only $0.48 EPS, with the consensus being $0.38 EPS.

Also, the Volvo sale should have hit. I don't think that impacts the earnings, but I would hope that that money affforded them the ability to pay down some more debt.

F-series was strong. Europe was down. Overal US volume was down. Q2 was $2.8B which was $0.68 EPS.

I think the analyst estimates are low, even the top line estimate is only $0.48 EPS, with the consensus being $0.38 EPS.

Also, the Volvo sale should have hit. I don't think that impacts the earnings, but I would hope that that money affforded them the ability to pay down some more debt.

How would FoMoCo put the Volvo issue into the 3rd quarter report? Actually Ford lost money from volvo saling. I mean Ford bought volvo with 6 billion, and sold it with 1.8 billion. So Ford lost 4.2 billion. Will this loss be count as operation lost?

How would FoMoCo put the Volvo issue into the 3rd quarter report? Actually Ford lost money from volvo saling. I mean Ford bought volvo with 6 billion, and sold it with 1.8 billion. So Ford lost 4.2 billion. Will this loss be count as operation lost?

I think earnings are reported excluding special items such as a one time loss for selling an asset. That sale is pretty much a write-off, not an operating expense. The proceeds from the sale will be added to cash on hand, getting them closer to net zero debt.

I might be wrong, but I don't think it will show up as part of the report.

why?

Any specific reason why you pick number of 0.45

Consensus estimate among analysts is $0.38 per share. Concerns include lower sales volume in NA and EU and higher incentive spending. This is balanced by continuing increases in transaction prices (as mentioned in another thread) and stable to increasing market share in the U.S., both of which I think put Ford in a strong position relative to the auto manufacturing sector as a whole.

Thus, my guess is for Ford to beat the 3Q consensus estimate slightly.

Volvo's value had been written off several times in the past, so the $1.8b sell price may even show as a "profit" on the book.

Per Bloomberg, even at the consensus $.38 EPS, it would still be a record Q3 earnings for Ford.

Net income was $1.37 billion, based on the average projection of five analysts, up from $997 million and adjusted per-share earnings of 26 cents a year earlier. Estimates for adjusted quarterly profit have risen to 38 cents a share, the average of 12 analysts, from about 34 cents a month ago.

Ford’s previous record for third-quarter net income was $1.13 billion in 1997.

What about this?

http://m.cnbc.com/us_news/39832321/1

I was actually listening to him when he said this and I think he got caught up and mis-spoke. I think what he was saying was that Ford will deliver the best 3rd quarter in history. There is no way they beat the profit from last quarter, though I wish they would. If they report $1.8B then it will in fact be the best 3rd quarter in their history.

Edited by twmalonehunter

Consensus estimate among analysts is $0.38 per share. Concerns include lower sales volume in NA and EU and higher incentive spending. This is balanced by continuing increases in transaction prices (as mentioned in another thread) and stable to increasing market share in the U.S., both of which I think put Ford in a strong position relative to the auto manufacturing sector as a whole.

Thus, my guess is for Ford to beat the 3Q consensus estimate slightly.

Ford earning just came out. It is 47 cents per share profit. Very nice forecast.