2012 Mustang Order Guide

carforford

• 3 weeks later...

At least grabber blue is back, it was rumored to have been discontinued.

That doesn't make many of us feel any better. Who among us was wondering why Ford doesn't offer more shades of Red with the Mustang? I was planning on ordering a Sterling Gray 2012. Ford discontinued 2011 ordering before the 2012 ordering guide came out. I sent Ford an email and they told me the 2012 Mustang colors aren't finalized but, I think someone lied to me? It seems like lately if the Mustang team does something positive, they have to do a couple of negative things at the same time. I had the dealer search for a 2011 Sterling Gray GT equipped the way I want it and none exist in the USA, just as I thought, a factory order only car.

I'm starting to think that with all the success Ford has had recently, they're losing touch with what customers want? I feel that they're getting arrogant and think that they know better what we want than we do?

I know everyone has their unique tastes but for me, I don't really like Red exteriors or interiors so, adding another shade of Red while deleting my favorite color (that's offered) is like adding insult to injury. I can see replacing Sterling Gray with a similar color just to make the 2012's more distinguishable, a color like Silverstone or Bright Anthracite would work but, delete it period, not cool. Ford would have done better to work on the interior color selection IMHO. If you order something other than Black, more of the interior should be that color instead of Black dash, carpeting, headliner and paneling with the other color for the seats.

I'm starting to think that with all the success Ford has had recently, they're losing touch with what customers want? I feel that they're getting arrogant and think that they know better what we want than we do?
Here's a dose of reality... While I understand your frustration from Ford deleting YOUR favorite color it has nothing to do with Ford losing touch with their customers. The current Mustangs are the best they've ever produced and are truly a world class sports car. You don't get there because you've lost touch with your customer base. Ford's entire lineup is the best they've ever had and the best of any American car company. Ford is clearly focused on the end goal and I applaud them for what they've done over the past decade. And this from a person who hasn't owned a Ford in almost 15 years. But I've got one on order and am thinking of buying another.

Here's a dose of reality... While I understand your frustration from Ford deleting YOUR favorite color it has nothing to do with Ford losing touch with their customers. The current Mustangs are the best they've ever produced and are truly a world class sports car. You don't get there because you've lost touch with your customer base. Ford's entire lineup is the best they've ever had and the best of any American car company. Ford is clearly focused on the end goal and I applaud them for what they've done over the past decade. And this from a person who hasn't owned a Ford in almost 15 years. But I've got one on order and am thinking of buying another.

Well, good for you 5 dot 0! While I'm not happy about Ford deleting my color choice, I don't consider it MY color. When a person purchases a vehicle, they usually want to spend THEIR money on the vehicle THEY want, that includes the color choice they want for that vehicle. Your ad-like defense of Ford's engineering choices are not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the marketing decisions that are usually made well after the engineers have finished creating the world class vehicle. While you read my words, you clearly don't understand my point. There's engineering a vehicle and then there's the marketing of that product. Whether a vehicle is Red or Gray doesn't change how it's going to perform but I guarantee you that how a vehicle is marketed makes a difference. Obviously, it's not like Ford has suddenly decided to offer the Mustang in Bubble gum Pink but, in my opinion the 2012 color decisions are mostly bad marketing as there wasn't any demand for Lava Red and Sterling Gray was a popular color. These are what's known as 'the details' and don't appear on any spec sheet.

Next time you get up on a soap box and denigrate someone's opinion at least understand what you're trying to challenge, you obviously don't.

I'll be ordering a 2012 Mustang GT convertible - my first new Mustang since the 70's. I was planning on the gray color also, but let's face it, it's not arrogance that decides what color the manufacturer selects for their cars. Thinking that it is arrogance is just silly and indicates someone thinks the world revolves around them and their petty desires. That's where I see the arrogance.

Ford does what they've done for years, they get market analysis, put color in front of people and get their opinions, etc. If the color of the car you want is so important, paint the thing. At least the "any color you want, as long as it's black" mentality is gone!

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to have the color that I planned on selecting for a year discontinued, but the next best color - Kona blue - is very nice too, and white looks nice...

I'll be ordering a 2012 Mustang GT convertible - my first new Mustang since the 70's. I was planning on the gray color also, but let's face it, it's not arrogance that decides what color the manufacturer selects for their cars. Thinking that it is arrogance is just silly and indicates someone thinks the world revolves around them and their petty desires. That's where I see the arrogance.

Ford does what they've done for years, they get market analysis, put color in front of people and get their opinions, etc. If the color of the car you want is so important, paint the thing. At least the "any color you want, as long as it's black" mentality is gone!

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to have the color that I planned on selecting for a year discontinued, but the next best color - Kona blue - is very nice too, and white looks nice...

Besides a dictionary, you need a reality check. You actually think Ford put a color palette in front of groups of likely Mustang customers and they overwhelmingly said "I'd like to see that car in Lava Red and you need to dump that ugly Gray color!"? Really?

Your reply was pretty offensive, especially the psychoanalysis. This is an enthusiast forum where person share ideas and opinions but, there's always people that think it's their job to go beyond disagreement into personal attacks. Just because you're safe behind your keyboard doesn't mean you have to type everything that comes into your mind. Let's try to keep this about the cars.

I've been to many forums and have seen maybe two postings where Mustang enthusiasts have commented positively on the color change, I doubt that there's a huge silent majority. That's my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I also wanted a Mustang in Sterling Grey i think the car looks very classy with that color but I guess ill settle for Black, I wish they would make another Blue color. Garber Blue is a bit too much and the Kona and Windville Blues were not my cup of tea, there use to be a French Blue sold by Ford and Mercury back in 2000 i would like to see that back.

Besides a dictionary, you need a reality check. You actually think Ford put a color palette in front of groups of likely Mustang customers and they overwhelmingly said "I'd like to see that car in Lava Red and you need to dump that ugly Gray color!"? Really?

Your reply was pretty offensive, especially the psychoanalysis. This is an enthusiast forum where person share ideas and opinions but, there's always people that think it's their job to go beyond disagreement into personal attacks. Just because you're safe behind your keyboard doesn't mean you have to type everything that comes into your mind. Let's try to keep this about the cars.

I've been to many forums and have seen maybe two postings where Mustang enthusiasts have commented positively on the color change, I doubt that there's a huge silent majority. That's my opinion.

Dude - you're the one who implied Ford was stupid for discontinuing Sterling Grey and not replacing it with a similar color. If you had just said you were disappointed and left it at that then you wouldn't have gotten the responses you got.

Let me ask you this - Ford has the sales figures for Sterling Grey for the last several years. Do you think they would discontinue it without replacing it if it was selling well? Or course not. It's a business decision.

:sos: Okay will some one please explain to me why the BREMBO brakes are not available with the automatic. :banghead:

I for one would love to get a 5.0, auto, vert, with brembo brakes.

Actually I would like a HIPO 5.0, Auto,Vert, W Brembo brakes

:wub::drool: :hyper: :shades: :happy feet:

Thanks.

Edited by BS Racing

:sos: Okay will some one please explain to me why the BREMBO brakes are not available with the automatic. :banghead:

I for one would love to get a 5.0, auto, vert, with brembo brakes.

Actually I would like a HIPO 5.0, Auto,Vert, W Brembo brakes

:wub::drool: :hyper: :shades: :happy feet:

Thanks.

The explaination is simple and can be said in one word...."FORD"! You are not the only one that would PONY up for this option....get it...pony!!!!!!!!!!

Educated guess?

Manuals are easier on brakes than automaitic transmissions, because (at best) many people use engine braking to slow their cars down and (at worst) the clutch is disengaged when you're braking.

Extra wear = extra warranty cost on the components and Brembo = $$$

So Ford probably weighed it out that the profit didn't outweigh the warranty gamble.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Which color did you order? I have a Kona blue Boss on order.

I have the silver w/the LS package on order. Has anyone looked at the seats up close do they have the slot for the anti sub. belt. I also would like to order another set of painted wheels like the ones that come with the car how do I do that with Ford.

I have the silver w/the LS package on order. Has anyone looked at the seats up close do they have the slot for the anti sub. belt. I also would like to order another set of painted wheels like the ones that come with the car how do I do that with Ford.

I've seen the seats in person and there is no hole for the fifth belt if that's what your asking. FRPP will have the same wheels in black available and there are already shown in the 2011 catalog. Here's a link to the catalog:

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/ls-parts-available-from-ford-racing/

Here's a link to some photos I took of the silver LS.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/duffinator1/Mustang/

• 2 weeks later...