Ten Worst New Cars

Reigner92

Can't see how the Dodge Caliber didn't make that list.

They explain:

The Ten Worst New Cars

9.) Jeep Compass

Why you don't want it: When we singled out the Caliber as our pick for the worst car currently on sale it was clearly an oversight. The Compass is everything bad about the Caliber (crappy interior, poor performance, low value) wrapped up in a brand-diluting and hideous Jeep body.

Not sure why the Five Hundred didn't make the list.

And not sure why the PT Cruiser is on there. Yeah, it's been left to die, with no upgrades. But when it came out, the styling was the talk of the town.

Oh, where is the FJ Cruiser? That thing is uglier than a Kardashin sister.

Mitsubishi's Gallant made their list. This line made me laugh my ass off, love it!:

"Cars like the Hyundai Sonata attempt to put 15 feet of styling on a 10-foot car. The Galant is the opposite. It's 10 feet of styling on a 15-foot car. Uninspired. Uncompetitive. Unremarkable".

Edited by richy

Nor was it an awful effort, like the rest of the list. The Five Hundred was dull as dishwater, but it wasn't a bad car.

I never drove a 500, but the Montego I rented awhile back was a decent car, imo. Other than a bit of road noise in the cabin, I couldn't really find fault with it. Loved the interior room.

While I kind of like the style of the BMW X6, I've never ridden/driven one, nor been around one. So I'll take their word for it.

I kinda like its styling too. It is pretty useless though - only seats 4, and the back is cut off, eliminating any cargo room gains from it being an SUV.

I kinda like its styling too. It is pretty useless though - only seats 4, and the back is cut off, eliminating any cargo room gains from it being an SUV.

Exactly. The style is unique, but the utility of this vehicle, like the article states, is pathetic.

Agreed. My mom/stepfather bought a new Five Hundred, and they still have it cuz they hated the refresh when it got the Taurus name. And they hate the new Taurus for a couple of reasons, so they decided to just keep the Five Hundred until they find something else they like better. My mother says if they don't find anything, they're content to keep the Five Hundred till the wheels fall-off.

Agreed. My mom/stepfather bought a new Five Hundred, and they still have it cuz they hated the refresh when it got the Taurus name. And they hate the new Taurus for a couple of reasons, so they decided to just keep the Five Hundred until they find something else they like better. My mother says if they don't find anything, they're content to keep the Five Hundred till the wheels fall-off.

Pretty tough for me to swallow the 500 over the new Taurus. I'm not sure how that works, but I guess thats what makes everyone different.

Pretty tough for me to swallow the 500 over the new Taurus. I'm not sure how that works, but I guess thats what makes everyone different.

The Ford Five Hundred was designed to give SUV-like high seating position with good outward visibility through big windows. Some people like that over the current high beltline styling trend popularized by the Chrysler 300 and followed by the current Ford Taurus. But the high beltline styling trend is apparently much more popular, despite the compromises in outward visibility.

The Ford Five Hundred was designed to give SUV-like high seating position with good outward visibility through big windows. Some people like that over the current high beltline styling trend popularized by the Chrysler 300 and followed by the current Ford Taurus. But the high beltline styling trend is apparently much more popular, despite the compromises in outward visibility.

I definitely prefer the outward visibility. I get the feeling of being trapped when I'm in a Chryco 300. To me, the (high beltline) styling is claustrophobic.

I definitely prefer the outward visibility. I get the feeling of being trapped when I'm in a Chryco 300. To me, the (high beltline) styling is claustrophobic.

That is the primary reason my mother cites as for hating the new Taurus. Number two is that she says the new Taurus to her eyes looks like it has a fat ass.

If there were a "worse than worst" place (kind of like a worst in show award), the Sebring would have to go there. I rented one on Kauai for my honeymoon because I wanted a convertible, and it turns out that was the only appealing thing about it. It had about 20,000 miles on it and looked and drove like it had 200,000.

I'm plenty happy with my 05.

To be honest, I only drove a Five Hundred once, and didn't like it. The few people I talked to who had driven it didn't like it either.

Maybe it was the name change, or the styling (I always hated the old Taurus design). Or maybe all the wasted money on the platform pretty much killed any hope on a new Panther.

I'm trying to get my Grandfather into the new Taurus. Even though the D3's are the reason I'm out of a job, I do like the Taurus. Too bad the Taurus forum on here is dead. It would be nice to see what is going on with it.