2011 Chrysler 300

Reigner92

Am I one of the only people that, with the exception of the new taillights and rear bumper chrome strip, like this one better than the original?

Count me in too. For those that have seen it in person, they say it does not look as understated as it does in photos and is very classy. At least this kinda proves to all those that have been saying it was just going to be a new bumper and taillights that they were....wrong.

Am I one of the only people that, with the exception of the new taillights and rear bumper chrome strip, like this one better than the original?

Me too. Usually the 2nd generation of a design is watered down. To me it addresses the design problems it originally had: pill box top, slitty windows, flat front. Will it be the great success the original 300 was? The refrest was long overdue.......has the market moved on?

Count me in too. For those that have seen it in person, they say it does not look as understated as it does in photos and is very classy. At least this kinda proves to all those that have been saying it was just going to be a new bumper and taillights that they were....wrong.

Yes, well I prefer the understated and classy look too, so that's why I like it LOL.

Will it be the great success the original 300 was? The refrest was long overdue.......has the market moved on?

Probably not, and probably yes, to an extent, but we'll see.

300C is sold in Australia, have a look at the prices, the local

Falcon and Commodore are absolute bargains by comparison:

(Aussie $ is almost level with US$)

LINK

The 300C had one of its best sales months on record in Australia last month thanks to an advertised price of $39,990 drive-away for the entry-level 3.5-litre petrol V6 automatic sedan variant from November 1, representing a price reduction of more than 27 per cent from its previous sticker of $54,990 plus on-road costs.

Similarly, although the 300C Touring wagon has been discontinued, 5.7-litre V8 petrol and 3.0-litre V6 diesel versions of the 300C sedan also brandished $15,000 price cuts in November, representing a near-25 per cent reduction from $60,990 plus ORCs to just $45,990 drive-away.

The top-shelf 6.1-litre 300C SRT8 sedan now costs $64,990 drive-away - $10,000 or more than 13 per cent less than before ($74,990 plus ORCs).

As a result, 300C sales spiked by more than 400 per cent, from just 43 in October to 216 in November.

Not a fan, at all.

The first-gen was brash, bold, loud, and ballsy. Everything was slightly overscaled, adding to the road presence. Now, I wasn't even a huge fan of the first-gen, but I can admit that it looked commanding on the road. This keeps the same brash profile, with an overscaled grille, underscaled headlights, and overchromed ass. It doesn't work.