New Contract 2011

Tsquare

OK My prediction is that the union will try to get back COLA. I realy hope they do too.

My prediction is the union will get nothing back which we gave up.They will try to offer us an enhanced Profit Sharing formula Instead.If this is their goal this upcoming profit sharing better be worth getting .No matter what happens a UAW contract is worthless the last 2 did not run to term what makes you think this will not be opened with more givebacks.The biggest choice on voting on a new contract is do you vote when it is first presented or wait to vote in its second or third modifaction.

Edited by skeptic

My prediction is the union will get nothing back which we gave up.They will try to offer us an enhanced Profit Sharing formula Instead.If this is their goal this upcoming profit sharing better be worth getting .No matter what happens a UAW contract is worthless the last 2 did not run to term what makes you think this will not be opened with more givebacks.The biggest choice on voting on a new contract is do you vote when it is first presented or wait to vote in its second or third modifaction.

With the economy rebounding and the annual rate of auto sales in the US market rising over the past 18 months I would hope we get new products in our plants.

Even though the UAW negotiated the following new products in 2007 they must continue to bargain even more in '11

CAP with the new Taurus, MKS and 2011 Explorer

Also generated new products for CSP/Lima/Cleveland/Vandyke/Woodhaven/Sharonville

MAP with the All New Focus and C-Max

Also generated new products for DEP/DSP/Woodhaven/ISA/Vandyke/Sterling/Sharonville

LAP with the All New Escape

Also generated new product in DEP/Lima/Cleveland/Woodhaven/Vandyke/Sterling/Sharonville

KTP F series/Navigator/Expedition/New Body Shop

Also generated new products in Romeo/Sterling/LTP/Woodhaven/Sharonville/DSP

DTP and KCAP with the redesigned F150

AAI with the new Mustang

This is only the short list off memory but Im sure there is more. Its safe to acknowledge that at this point in the rebounding economy that investments and overall job security are the biggest, most important part of the 2011 agreement and the UAW must deliver on investments. Without these investments negotiated in 2007 the UAW would have no bargaining power in 2011.

So my prediction would be huge investment in our plants bargained in 2011.

God Bless the UAW

Happy New Year

Grimshaw

Edited by Grim Reaper

I think the trades will get consolidated and you will be doing whatever your assigned to do. Ie; fill in production whatever maint your available for. We will see the cola and some raises. But the company will continue their cost reduction elimination of classifications. Then to sweeten it up u will get a big signing bonus and new work and bringing back in of componets that were farmed out to secure a ratification of the contract.

I realize that COLA is a big issue to most people but everyone needs to realize that how much COLA you get is defined by a formula that was developed by the government. And right now your government is saying that there is no Cost Of Living so your COLA would be nil. Dream big! I'd rather have my time and a half after 8 hours back!

I realize that COLA is a big issue to most people but everyone needs to realize that how much COLA you get is defined by a formula that was developed by the government. And right now your government is saying that there is no Cost Of Living so your COLA would be nil. Dream big! I'd rather have my time and a half after 8 hours back!

This is a lie the government had nothing to do with COLA being taken away.The union and company eliminated it and we voted on it.We gave up nearly a $1.20 in COLA .There was not nearly enough Deflation to have cost us this full amount.If inflation were to go up 100 percent we would not get 1 cent because we have no COLA in our contract.COLA was modified out of existance not taken away by the government.

Edited by skeptic

I believe with the company doing better, we shouldn't vote in any contract with any concessions. Upper Ford management has already gotten some of thier benefits back. We should get back most, or all of ours back. Also, The act of job consolidations will reduce the number of jobs conciderably. Even If they only go after skill trades. Those employees usaully have production time, so a lot of younger senoirity will be out the door. You better be ready for a hard long fight this contract. We will have to stand together, to show whoever tries to push a concessions contract through. WE ARE DONE GIVING UP ANYTHING!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Now that we are in the beginning of the 2011 contract year. Does anybody want to predict what the new contract will have in it? Lets hear your predictions now and see what happens in 9 months so you can say see I told you so.

Retirees checks will double :happy feet:

This is a lie the government had nothing to do with COLA being taken away.The union and company eliminated it and we voted on it.We gave up nearly a $1.20 in COLA .There was not nearly enough Deflation to have cost us this full amount.If inflation were to go up 100 percent we would not get 1 cent because we have no COLA in our contract.COLA was modified out of existance not taken away by the government.

The only thing ELIMINATED was the GEN bank! Everything else was merely suspended. These are very important differences in terms of negotiations! And your COLA was scheduled to decrease. Go back and read your contract books!

The only thing ELIMINATED was the GEN bank! Everything else was merely suspended. These are very important differences in terms of negotiations! And your COLA was scheduled to decrease. Go back and read your contract books!

Suspended or eliminated we have NO COLA.Its like saying the the prisoner was suspened by the neck not hung same thing just as dead.Why do I need to read my contract book to know that COLA does not exist.

Edited by skeptic

Suspended or eliminated we have NO COLA.Its like saying the the prisoner was suspened by the neck not hung same thing just as dead.Why do I need to read my contract book to know that COLA does not exist.

COLA is only good when there is inflation. Although COLA has been good to us, even if we had COLA in our contract right now, we would be getting nothing anyway due to the CPI.

I don't foresee any raises. Might get annual performance bonuses again.

Retirees checks will double :happy feet:

Doubt that, probably less money and they will take more benefits away from them as they have in the past. Nope I'm not salarie or retired, have many family members who are.

Edited by kalu

COLA is only good when there is inflation. Although COLA has been good to us, even if we had COLA in our contract right now, we would be getting nothing anyway due to the CPI.

I don't foresee any raises. Might get annual performance bonuses again.

Thank you Twincam Harley! I'm glad that YOU understand this issue! COLA is such an EMOTIONAL issue at this time. Now the question to ask would be - Have your locals turned in their resolutions for the National negotiations? Do you know what those resolutions are?

Your delegates to the Constitutional Convention are the SAME delegates who will be going to the Special Bargaining Convention. Has anyone been in communication with these delegates about resolutions? I am a delegate to this special convention and during this time I will be sending out information as it becomes available on Twitter. During the special convention I will be "protecting" my tweets so that only people who subscribe to Twitter and are following me will get the real time information. I will also put as much information as possible on Ford Fanatics. I will do what I can to bring the information to you in a timely manner. If you are interested in getting copies of my notes that I will be taking, please contact me through here so that I can get an email address from you and forward the information via email as well. All delegates going to the Special Convention are representatives of YOU, the membership. If you have ideas as to how to better bring the information to the membership in a timely manner, I'm all ears!

Now let's look at the resolutions and go back and look at what was suspended or eliminated during the concessions. Do we have a plan in place to regain any of this?

Do we all know who our national negotiators are? They were chosen at the last sub Council.

This is not going to be an easy negotiations. I'm looking at the people we have at the helm and who they're going up against. Ask yourself if you feel they are evenly matched. Regardless of anything, it certainly promises to be interesting!

2011 is going to be a wild ride. We've local elections, a national contract AND a local contract. Yep, should be pretty darned interesting!

I predict we will never see COLA again and if we do get a raise it will only be 1 or 2%. However, we will probably see a better percentage for profit sharing.

I also suspect that in the next couple of contracts that Ford will try to buy us out of our defined pensions with a per-year amount into our TESPHE for every year of service, and a new contribution match system for our TESPHE for every dollar we contribute.

The free ride is over.

Now that we are in the beginning of the 2011 contract year. Does anybody want to predict what the new contract will have in it? Lets hear your predictions now and see what happens in 9 months so you can say see I told you so.

One of the main resolutions I would like to see in this contract would be one that effects what is sure to be lost, JSP. Currently only suspended I suspect what was agreed to in March of 2009 will be fully implemented over the term of the 2011 contract. If that is correct that would mean that laid off employees dependent on years of service our SUB benefits will be the same as is now; 20 or more years will receive 52 weeks SUB, 10 or more years will receive 39 SUB weeks and under 10 year employees will maintain 29 SUB weeks.

I would propose that there be language with the following intent;

That no seniority employee lose a SUB credit week as long as there is even one (1) temp / long term temp in any Ford facility while said employee is on any qualifying lay off;

Temporary Lay Off

Indefinite Lay Off

Or Due to a Plant Closure

I suspect however that there will be an increase in the percentage allowed for entry level employees, from the current 20% cap Ford wide. Or at least some form of freeze on the cap such as was proposed in the October 2009 modifications.

Allot of talk here concerning COLA, the sad truth the biggest concession we have given since 2007 that helped the company the most was the break times, going from 6 minutes per hour to 5. I have heard nothing about that so far here.

I imagine the signing bonus will increase some from the normal $1,000 , we will get product placement but I am sure there will be some changes that most will overlook that will effect us the most.

All I ask is people really look deeply this year, I would hope Ford department will lead negotiations and we will be setting the framework for our fellow workers at GM and Chrysler.

Edited by lquidspine

One of the main resolutions I would like to see in this contract would be one that effects what is sure to be lost, JSP. Currently only suspended I suspect what was agreed to in March of 2009 will be fully implemented over the term of the 2011 contract. If that is correct that would mean that laid off employees dependent on years of service our SUB benefits will be the same as is now; 20 or more years will receive 52 weeks SUB, 10 or more years will receive 39 SUB weeks and under 10 year employees will maintain 29 SUB weeks.

I would propose that there be language with the following intent;

That no seniority employee lose a SUB credit week as long as there is even one (1) temp / long term temp in any Ford facility while said employee is on any qualifying lay off;

Temporary Lay Off

Indefinite Lay Off

Or Due to a Plant Closure

I suspect however that there will be an increase in the percentage allowed for entry level employees, from the current 20% cap Ford wide. Or at least some form of freeze on the cap such as was proposed in the October 2009 modifications.

Allot of talk here concerning COLA, the sad truth the biggest concession we have given since 2007 that helped the company the most was the break times, going from 6 minutes per hour to 5. I have heard nothing about that so far here.

I imagine the signing bonus will increase some from the normal $1,000 , we will get product placement but I am sure there will be some changes that most will overlook that will effect us the most.

All I ask is people really look deeply this year, I would hope Ford department will lead negotiations and we will be setting the framework for our fellow workers at GM and Chrysler.

I think, what with the alternate work schedules, that the time and half only after 40 hours instead of after 8 hours is our biggest loss.

I think, what with the alternate work schedules, that the time and half only after 40 hours instead of after 8 hours is our biggest loss.

Both a win for the company Spring, figure roughly $42 per hour at 1200 employees thats about 50k in saved OT pay per shift doing with AWS.

Now figure plants averaging even just 10k per unit profit, thats 100k per shift in added profit.

Now figure the loss in breaks, on a 40 hour week thats 40 minutes loss in break time, over a 48 work week year thats 1,920 minutes of break time loss. While the monetary loss is big from the no OT over 8, do not dismiss the wear and tear on the body over the course of a year.

I'd like Cola and an enhanced profit sharing. We won't get raises.

What i want to get:

Cola

Profit sharing,

Defined benefit pension with per week amount. (I'm interested in moving my pension away from the possibility of future bankruptcy and the Pension guarantee corp.) Raises

Eliminate the nickel fund. (Tired of paying my wages into slush fund for the Union and Ford, especially since they restricted what i can spend my wages on)

What we will get.

Signing bonus

$15 co-pay on medications in order for the Union to get more Veba money...

More alternative work schedules

More consolidation of tradesNew product to US locations provided employees transferring take pay cut.

And thats just me being positive.

I too, see the company going for more consolidation of trades and production classifications. The company wants to take the 3A Approach to employees: ANY employee on ANY job, At ANY time. Their dream would be to have just one classification: Worker.