WHO GOT A SNOW DAY!

Stap guy

"B" Crew @ DTP, worked 8 hours Tues night. Got out at 2am.

Just got a call............"B" Crew to report to work Wed.

Did "A" Crew work today???????

Asked the same question on another thread, A crew worked 4 hours today. I don't know why they only worked 4.

ISA worked 5 hours. Anybody that didn't make it in will get short work week for Wednesday.

To get short work week pay, don't you have to make it to work? That doesn't sound like the Ford I work for. 4 hours straight time, 4 hours short work week pay when you show up on time and there is not enough people to run the line on a snow day.

I don't want to be a A$$ but it was funny today as I was driving my hour drive to work to a ford plant that took me 1.5 hours (extra 1/2 hour cause of the conditions) I drove by McDonalds ($7.00 an hour) , Kroger $7.00 an hour) , Speedway ($7.00 an hour) and each one was open with real people working ! I couldn't believe it. I was amazed that with this storm that those people made it to work. I know that times are tough but I'm sure that those jobs are a dime a dozen. To my surprise when I got to the plant the parking lot was empty ! again I say empty ! This storm was so bad that people making $28 an hour couldn't make it to work. My point is SNOW DAYS ARE FOR KIDS IN GRADE SCHOOL not well paid working class people ! I bet if that guy working the cash register didn't show up he would have been fired, that cook at micky D's if she didn't show up her hours would be cut. People need to get their shit straight. We make good money to work hard jobs and long hours with great benefits and we need to start acting like it. The storm dropped some snow , So what get up sooner and drive your butt to work and earn a paycheck!

• Like 6

I don't want to be a A$$ but it was funny today as I was driving my hour drive to work to a ford plant that took me 1.5 hours (extra 1/2 hour cause of the conditions) I drove by McDonalds ($7.00 an hour) , Kroger $7.00 an hour) , Speedway ($7.00 an hour) and each one was open with real people working ! I couldn't believe it. I was amazed that with this storm that those people made it to work. I know that times are tough but I'm sure that those jobs are a dime a dozen. To my surprise when I got to the plant the parking lot was empty ! again I say empty ! This storm was so bad that people making $28 an hour couldn't make it to work. My point is SNOW DAYS ARE FOR KIDS IN GRADE SCHOOL not well paid working class people ! I bet if that guy working the cash register didn't show up he would have been fired, that cook at micky D's if she didn't show up her hours would be cut. People need to get their shit straight. We make good money to work hard jobs and long hours with great benefits and we need to start acting like it. The storm dropped some snow , So what get up sooner and drive your butt to work and earn a paycheck!

snow days are for everyone! So lets see, because u make 28 dollars an hour, that means u cant take any time off. Tell me why then people making 100,000 dollars a year stayed home as well? U sound like one of those guys in a plant that run there mouth off every time someone does not show up for work but yet has e time to use. I hope u had a great day being a hero for ford motor company.

• Like 5

snow days are for everyone! So lets see, because u make 28 dollars an hour, that means u cant take any time off. Tell me why then people making 100,000 dollars a year stayed home as well? U sound like one of those guys in a plant that run there mouth off every time someone does not show up for work but yet has e time to use. I hope u had a great day being a hero for ford motor company.

Looks like I hurt your feelings ! I'm gonna guess you play the system? Or you can do every 1/2 job in the plant ? And guess what i work the line ! Thats the problem with ford workers logic "the company owes me" they owe you nothing ! it says Ford out front for a reason. Go to work do your job and quit whinning ! By the way if you don't have a schedualed day off it is considered a AWOL and the company may pay you a E day if they feel your record is worthy. let me guess when you only get 4 hours pay for Wednesday your going to blame the UAW right ? lol........we call people like that SLUGs.

• Like 3

when i got out of work at 2 am tues night i tried to drive home i got 2 miles from my house and had to find somewhere else to go and sleep because my road had 3 foot tall drifts. after getting 3 hours of sleep i woke up and tried to drive home at 10 am. i had the farmer down the road plow a path for me so i could get home. i don't want to take the chance of the roads drifting over again tonight. like i wanna knock on the farmers door at 5 am so he can plow me a path. alot of people working in dearborn live far away and came from other plants yes i see you drive an hour. my old plant i would ride my snowmobile to it.

• Like 1

Looks like I hurt your feelings ! I'm gonna guess you play the system? Or you can do every 1/2 job in the plant ? And guess what i work the line ! Thats the problem with ford workers logic "the company owes me" they owe you nothing ! it says Ford out front for a reason. Go to work do your job and quit whinning ! By the way if you don't have a schedualed day off it is considered a AWOL and the company may pay you a E day if they feel your record is worthy. let me guess when you only get 4 hours pay for Wednesday your going to blame the UAW right ? lol........we call people like that SLUGs.

I also have the long drive, that many others have. I am not going to risk my life or someone elses to try to get to work during a massive snow storm. $7 or $28 is not worth anyones life or injury , sorry to disappoint you. This is why we have personal days , to use as WE see the need too. :finger:

Edited by Stamping Grunt
  • Like 4

i'm with you on this, with where i live (out on back roads, which werent all that great but i've drove on worse for less of a reason) i had no problem getting to work on afternoons, yet i bet half my plant wasnt there.. yet taco bell had their people there when i stopped for lunch. he difference? we have a union that will get people paid or excused and they wont lose their job if they all don't show up and they know it. nothing will happen to people that didnt show up today on afternoons. personally i think if they don't get awols (that stick) those of us that didnt try to abuse the system should get a paid personal day for coming in.

I also have the long drive, that many others have. I am not going to risk my life or someone elses to try to get to work during a massive snow storm. $7 or $28 is not worth anyones life or injury , sorry to disappoint you. This is why we have personal days , to use as WE see the need too. :finger:

i bet you would've drove if your job depended on it. doubt you'd use your "risk your life" argument then. people die every day on roads in all weather, the roads werent that bad for afternoons people not to make it in today, people drive in a lot worse conditions but since people knew that they wouldnt be the only people to call off, they wouldnt get in trouble.

when i got out of work at 2 am tues night i tried to drive home i got 2 miles from my house and had to find somewhere else to go and sleep because my road had 3 foot tall drifts. after getting 3 hours of sleep i woke up and tried to drive home at 10 am. i had the farmer down the road plow a path for me so i could get home. i don't want to take the chance of the roads drifting over again tonight. like i wanna knock on the farmers door at 5 am so he can plow me a path. alot of people working in dearborn live far away and came from other plants yes i see you drive an hour. my old plant i would ride my snowmobile to it.

where were these 3ft drifts? i live out by irish hills and travel roads that drift over pretty bad, i didnt see any drifts that couldnt be drove either through or around. i have a field across from my house and didnt have 3ft drifts. gotta call BS on this.

• Like 2

difference between people making 7 bucks an hour and 28 is, a lot of those 7 dollar people need the money and dont have the job security people making more do. 7 dollar jobs are a dime a dozen, our jobs arent.

• Like 2

Seeing that the people that clear the roads don't take their plows home with them, I'm grateful that snowplow drivers don't take "snow days", wouldn't that be a catch .22?

I can understand not wanting to come in when it's a blizzard. What we got wasn't that bad. 90% of the problem is that the majority of those people that didn;t make it in decided they weren't going to bother even before they went to bed the night before, regardless of the road conditions. It's a luxury we have when we make good money that minimum wagers don't have. For many of them, it's "go in or go hungry".

Hey, whatever. I'll take the 4 hours o/t covering no-shows in the morning. I was here already and I wasn't in a hurry to snowblow the driveway anyways ...

Edited by OAC_Sparky
  • Like 1

Well "A$$"... there was a 100 year flood in Nashville last year and I bet dick-wads like you expect people to wave goodbye to their homes floating down stream, hop in a boat, and paddle 40 miles to work... huh? Ford is more important than what happens in life. Doesn't matter if you die on the way to work... the "company" will truly appreciate. LMFAO!!! The "company" doesn't give a flyin hot damn if you have a job or not. It's about the all mighty dollar you put in it's pocket.

• Like 3

First off my brother FoMoCo DOES NOT give a RATS A$$ about you, your family, or your life, your just a small number mixed in with lots of other numbers out there.

If you drop DEAD tomorrow, they DON'T CARE. If you DIE in a auto accident trying to make it to work in the worst snow storm it 40 years, AGAIN they DON'T CARE.

I know in my location the state police had a snow emergency in effect, if the get a hold of you & it's not a life or death emergency you get a ticket...think FoMoCo is gonna pay that one.... NOT A CHANCE

I have personal & vacation day avaliable to me, i'll use em. i DON'T CARE if it's a SNOW DAY or not...

If everyone would take care of thier own business & not worry about everyone elses this would be a lot better place.

Just my $.02, take it any way ya wanna & have a nice day

• Like 1

where were these 3ft drifts? i live out by irish hills and travel roads that drift over pretty bad, i didnt see any drifts that couldnt be drove either through or around. i have a field across from my house and didnt have 3ft drifts. gotta call BS on this.

wisner hwy just after hardys farm this road isn't the best for drifts if my truck wasnt in the shop i prolly would have gone to work. im sure people that work at taco bell dont live an hour away from work.