Chevy Super Bowl Ads Sucked

rmc523

Man, that Super Bowl ad for the Cruze absolutely sucked - made me think the vehicle is targeted at old people.....to be honest I haven't seen one ad that I liked yet (Audi was the best, though).

Well, the Silverado ad sucked too.

Chevy's 0/3 as far as I'm concerned now seeing the Volt ad.

Edited by rmc523

Man, that Super Bowl ad for the Cruze absolutely sucked - made me think the vehicle is targeted at old people.....to be honest I haven't seen one ad that I liked yet (Audi was the best, though).

Well, the Silverado ad sucked too.

+1 on both.

The Optima ad blew chunks too.

At least the Chevy ad for the Cruze was somewhat amusing, not for the car, but for perpetuating the old folks stereotype. (Is that really a way to sell cars, by making fun of your grandmother, who is the most likely to purchase it, anyway?)

For me, it was the Chrysler 200 commercial (that I saw, there may have been others) that featured Eminem that seemed to have the the vacuum going. I'm not sure what the point ("Imported from Detroit", really?) they were trying to make even is. (Hey, we just built a car with billions of tax dollars, and we'll show it to you in the dark)

And what was up with the halftime show? If it weren't for the non-stop disaster that was the Stones show a few years back, this would've been the worst halftime show since "wardrobe malfunction"

Well I guess it's good that you remember how bad the halftime show was (admittedly, I didn't watch it), forgetting that the game itself wasn't that great, imo.

Edited by RangerM

The Silverado as Lassie commercial was cute for all of about 5 seconds.

And what was up with the halftime show? If it weren't for the non-stop disaster that was the Stones show a few years back, this would've been the worst halftime show since "wardrobe malfunction"

Let's not forget Christina Aguilera screwing up the words to the National Anthem. :finger:

Well I guess it's good that you remember how bad the halftime show was (admittedly, I didn't watch it), forgetting that the game itself wasn't that great, imo.

WHAT?!?! Setting aside the obvious bias and self-interest in the result, the game itself was VERY good. Pittsburgh did an amazing job of keeping itself in the game despite the 3 turnovers and did a good job with its defense (and a little help due to the drops from our WRs) to keep it from being a blowout. And, more importantly, Aaron Rodgers can tell Colin Cowherd to stick it. (Which won't stop him from mouthing off with mindless drivel).

WHAT?!?! Setting aside the obvious bias and self-interest in the result, the game itself was VERY good. Pittsburgh did an amazing job of keeping itself in the game despite the 3 turnovers and did a good job with its defense (and a little help due to the drops from our WRs) to keep it from being a blowout. And, more importantly, Aaron Rodgers can tell Colin Cowherd to stick it. (Which won't stop him from mouthing off with mindless drivel).

I had no personal preference in the outcome of the game. To me, Pittsburgh looked like they'd already cashed the SB bonus check (before the game).

Edited by RangerM