Two questions regarding the Flex...

Osage

1) How many guys drive this thing? Is it a "womanly vehicle" in your opinion?

I ask because I am contemplating one insofar as the Explorer does not offer the V6 EcoBoost. I also love the rear tailgate seat option and supposedly it has a great sound system.

I just want to know whether I would look foolish driving one.

2) Will MyTouch be offered for MY 2012?

1) How many guys drive this thing? Is it a "womanly vehicle" in your opinion?

I ask because I am contemplating one insofar as the Explorer does not offer the V6 EcoBoost. I also love the rear tailgate seat option and supposedly it has a great sound system.

I just want to know whether I would look foolish driving one.

2) Will MyTouch be offered for MY 2012?

The FLEX is an AWESOME car..Very customizable to..Enjoy

• 4 months later...

The mear fact that you are asking if a car is manly brings into doubt your manliness!

Drive what you like and don't worry about anybody's opinion. I drive a Mazda Miata (the ultimate chick car) and I am always laughing at the "men" who miss out on the most fun there is because it is a chick car.

The mear fact that you are asking if a car is manly brings into doubt your manliness!

Drive what you like and don't worry about anybody's opinion. I drive a Mazda Miata (the ultimate chick car) and I am always laughing at the "men" who miss out on the most fun there is because it is a chick car.

I have one too, my second. There are a lot of nit witt morons who base vehicle size with, ummm, their own. I had a rather large (in girth) Ford salesman get in my car as a joke, he thought it was funny.......but in reality it revealed how "excessive" he was.

Hell, I've had a 428 Cougar, 390 Galaxie, SHO, Mustang GT, 5.0 Capri.........I don't need someone's acceptance.

Nearly all Men understand racing though!

Regardless of geography, it’s the most raced car in the world.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/02/the-mazda-mx-5-breaks-another-record/

As far as the Flex w/ EB.......get one! I drove one and it was amazingly quick and fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one too, my second. There are a lot of nit witt morons who base vehicle size with, ummm, their own. I had a rather large (in girth) Ford salesman get in my car as a joke, he thought it was funny.......but in reality it revealed how "excessive" he was.

Hell, I've had a 428 Cougar, 390 Galaxie, SHO, Mustang GT, 5.0 Capri.........I don't need someone's acceptance.

Nearly all Men understand racing though!

Regardless of geography, it's the most raced car in the world.

http://www.wired.com...another-record/

As far as the Flex w/ EB.......get one! I drove one and it was amazingly quick and fun.

My job requires travel starting a few months back when we started looking at the Flex, every time I rent a car, I tried to reserve a Flex or at least ask if one is available. I drove quite a few. Rented one for a weekend here around the house for the wife to drive. Heck yeah, this is one cool ride!

Monte

• 2 months later...

1 - I don't see the the Flex as a chick car. It has way too much style and moreover, head-room to only be for women. It's nowhere near the VW Beetle ;-)

2 - I have a 2012 Focus w/ MFT. My advice is to not hinge your buying decision on if or when the Flex will be equipped with it. Being a "tech" guy, I assumed it was just too far over some people's heads, but the fact is that it's slow and buggy, and Ford doesn't seem to be quick to fix the ongoing issues.

Edited by TheJBH

Not saying anything on whether it's a chick car or not, but my wife loves the Flex, and I too like it (just not as much as her).

But I see roughly 50/50 split (men/women) driving the Flex when I see them on the road. And truly thinking about it, I actually think I've seen more men driving them than women.

Don't worry about it. It's a great looking car and is not a gender specific looking vehicle.