The Donald

And why wont the 'birther' issue die? Because Obama is hiding his total past and doesn't want the truth to come out because it will ruin his career. He is a shyster that convinced millions into following his 'CHANGE'. This birth certificate issue is gaining more followers and will become an issue in the next election. Obama will not have any other choice, they can't hide his past any longer. My prediction, Obama will be a one term president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110325/pl_dailycaller/donaldtrumpsbirthcertificatestrategy

Donald Trump has been thinking a lot about birth certificates lately. Indeed, he has made questions about Barack Obama’s birth certificate a pivotal part of his bid for the Republican presidential nomination. And it appears to be working. One recent poll has Trump running fifth in the GOP field, just two points behind former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

“There’s a very clear niche in the Republican primary,” said longtime political consultant Roger Stone. “It’s a brilliant base-building move. There’s a very active, fervent subset of voters interested in this.” Stone, who has worked for Trump in years past, says he has no paid role in Trump’s current campaign, though he does allow that the two continue to “talk politics from time to time.”

Republican pollster John McLaughlin agrees that Trump’s remarks may be part of a larger, and potentially effective, campaign strategy. “Just like Obama won the nomination as the most anti-Bush candidate, the Republican nomination is going to be won by the most anti-Obama candidate,” McLaughlin said. “He’s positioning himself to be the most aggressive candidate against Obama. If you want to win a primary that’s the way you win a primary.”

For his part, Trump denies that raising questions about Obama’s birth certificate has anything to do with his own political ambitions. “No. Not at all. Not at all,” he said.

Right Donald, I believe that too. Donald is a business man, and squashing the competition is just business.

• Like 4

Trump is a joke. If you believe that government should be run like a business, maybe we should consider someone who doesn't have to resort to bankruptcy. Government isn't business and a President, like a Governor isn't a CEO. Rick Scott is just learning this lesson in Florida.

The birther issue works with the die hard Republican base. The same people who believe Michele Bachmann is a history scholar. Linda Lingle, the former Republican Governor of Hawaii confirmed Obama's Hawaiian birth.

• Like 2

I think The Donald would find running for office to be considerably different from running his business, or telling Z-List celebrities that they did a lousy job on that promotional campaign for this week's advertiser.

Reminds me of the effort to get Lee Iacocca to run for president in the 1980s...he enjoyed the speculation, but he wisely said "no" when push came to shove. I would suggest that Mr. Trump do the same.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

Seems like this has been proved already.

At some point you would just say "you know what? I'm tired of this and I'm not going to show my certificate to anybody else, the issue is done with".

The only thing wrong at this point though, is that nobody has put it in public view. A person goes and checks in a private room and comes out and says "yup, all clear" isn't really the proof that will put this to rest.

Bring it out for a one time "here it is, now STFU"!

THEN it would be done.

In other words, ram it in the naysayers face and it will permanently end this.

As for trump? meh, running a country like a business and not allowing it to "live in the red" would be good.

However, a business man making decisions on going to war etc might have conflict of interest problems....oh wait, we already had that LOL!

I think he'll go a certain distance but think a more level headed opponent (repub) will beat him.

Next election though? I too think obama is a one term pres. If not, the US as we know it today is gone.

• Like 3

In other words, ram it in the naysayers face and it will permanently end this.

It does Obama no good to end it. So long as he can point to "Birthers" and lump all of the right-wing with them, it serves its purpose of keeping the middle with an eye toward Obama. Note that I didn't say "leaning" toward Obama, but so long as there is something he (Obama) can point to, he can get away with a lot that would otherwise be outrageous to the middle.

He'd rather have people talking about birth certificates than deficits/Obamacare/Libya.

• Like 3

Trump is a joke. If you believe that government should be run like a business, maybe we should consider someone who doesn't have to resort to bankruptcy. Government isn't business and a President, like a Governor isn't a CEO. Rick Scott is just learning this lesson in Florida.

The birther issue works with the die hard Republican base. The same people who believe Michele Bachmann is a history scholar. Linda Lingle, the former Republican Governor of Hawaii confirmed Obama's Hawaiian birth.

His birth place seems to change depending upon who is quoting it. And a Democrat would never lie, right?

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=150125

Where have all the records gone?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100613

• Like 2

His birth place seems to change depending upon who is quoting it. And a Democrat would never lie, right?

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=150125

Where have all the records gone?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100613

This should have been the end of the issue.

From your first link:

At the time of the 2008 election, the release featured the state's director of health, Chiyome Fukino, who said: "There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate. State law (Hawaii Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii."

Months later, in July 2009, she added another comment: "I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

Read more: Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=150125#ixzz1HdfCDcJR

As to your second reference link, the "alleged" kindergarten picture certainly looks like the young Barack Obama in his family photos. The "alleged" high school yearbook photos certainly look like the President as a teenager.

WND has become Wing Nut Daily over this particular issue.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

This should have been the end of the issue.

From your first link:

At the time of the 2008 election, the release featured the state's director of health, Chiyome Fukino, who said: "There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate. State law (Hawaii Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii."

Months later, in July 2009, she added another comment: "I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

Read more: Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=150125#ixzz1HdfCDcJR

As to your second reference link, the "alleged" kindergarten picture certainly looks like the young Barack Obama in his family photos. The "alleged" high school yearbook photos certainly look like the President as a teenager.

WND has become Wing Nut Daily over this particular issue.

All Obama has to do is release all his records, and this issue would die. Assuming he really was born in the US. But obviously Obama has much to hide because he is keeping everything sealed up. What is poor Obama going do if a few states pass laws that require proof of citizenship? Maybe he just wont have his name on the ballot in those states? He is a 'one termer' Mark. People are fed up with his "change".

• Like 5

Trump is a joke. If you believe that government should be run like a business, maybe we should consider someone who doesn't have to resort to bankruptcy.

I'll take a guy who went into bankruptcy, over a guy who's greatest accomplishment in his life was being a community organizer.

Mark, you guys set the bar so low with Obama, that quite frankly, you would be an improvement over him.

I'd take Trump because he has made the mistake of what not to do, learned from it, and made himself better.

Gordon Ramsey has had restaurants fail. Does that mean if you owned a restaurant, and he wanted to work for you, you'd turn him down?

Government isn't business and a President, like a Governor isn't a CEO.

Why not? Seriously, why do you think a Government should not be run like a business? 2 key rules to business; don't spend more money that you make, and keep your customers happy. For the life of me, I can't think of one reason why the Government shouldn't follow those principles

I'd say your logic is flawed, but then you would have to show some sort of logic to begin with.

The problem is, he was asked to show it, and didn't. People who don't have anything to hide, don't act like people who have something to hide. He could have showed the thing years ago, and out it to rest. But he didn't. Why? I'm not a birther, but I believe he is keeping this issue alive in order to shift the attention away from something else. The guy is hiding something. It's just a matter of what

• Like 3

Even some of the lefties want Obama to just release his real birth certificate

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=215797

There was an interesting show on Dateline NBC last night. This 3 year old girl was kidnapped from her adopted parents by a neighbor. After about 30 years she was determined to figure out who her real parents were from her previous memories as that 3 year old child. She didn't know her real name and only remembered the nick names of her adopted parents. They found her birth certificate which led her to be reunited with her adopted parents. I thought that was pretty amazing that someone could find it with such little information to go with. Knowing that, Obama should not have any trouble, if one really exists.

• Like 3

Has any other candidate had to pull out their birth certificate to "prove" he or she was born in this country to run for office? No. He is being asked because he has a funny sounding name and his father is not a citizen of the US. If Hawaii has it on file and has certified it to be on file...whats the problem? As for his other "records"...we all know that his opposition only wants it to sift through and find any type of "damning" evidence of his political style. He has been in office now since 1/20/2009....you should be able to figure out his political style by now. This type of mudslinging is going to produce a sub-par candidate from the Republican party and may just be the Democrats best hope of re-election.

You want a Republican president again? Better find one that is able to reach across party lines and bring Democrats to their line of thought without alienating their base of support. I, for one, have changed my party affiliation to "none of the above" (aka independent) since both parties are in the throes of extremism that is not my view.

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

Even some of the lefties want Obama to just release his real birth certificate

The Republic is in peril and the birthers just can't let go . . .

Looking at the piles of posts, Sprinter, you sure have a birther fixation-fetish. :hysterical:

Now Donald's fetish-fixation is understandable, all that hairspray and coloring has killed brain cells.

How did you acquire yours?

• Like 2

Has any other candidate had to pull out their birth certificate to "prove" he or she was born in this country to run for office? No. He is being asked because he has a funny sounding name and his father is not a citizen of the US.

Well, ya.

If your name is George, William, Ronald or Jimmy, and both your parents were born in the US, then it is very unlikely that people would question you.

I know you want to scream racism, so go right ahead. But the fact is, if he showed it the first time he was asked, this would have been put to bed a long time ago. So I ask, if he has nothing to hide, why is he hiding it?

My SO has the password for my cell phone, email, and facebook. Why? Because I have nothing to hide. Go ahead and check, you won't find anything because I haven;t done anything, But when my buddy refused to give up his facebook password, it didn't take his SO to clue in there was something wrong, and found out what it was.

Innocent people have nothing to hide. Guilty ones do. Ask yourself what you would think if for one second you wondered if Sarah Palin was born in Alaska, or the Yukon. And she refused to show her BC.

• Like 4

The Republic is in peril and the birthers just can't let go . . .

Looking at the piles of posts, Sprinter, you sure have a birther fixation-fetish. :hysterical:

Now Donald's fetish-fixation is understandable, all that hairspray and coloring has killed brain cells.

How did you acquire yours?

I got mine from going to school and learning about the importance of the U.S. Constitution. Something you seem to lack.

• Like 2

Has any other candidate had to pull out their birth certificate to "prove" he or she was born in this country to run for office? No. He is being asked because he has a funny sounding name and his father is not a citizen of the US. If Hawaii has it on file and has certified it to be on file...whats the problem? As for his other "records"...we all know that his opposition only wants it to sift through and find any type of "damning" evidence of his political style. He has been in office now since 1/20/2009....you should be able to figure out his political style by now. This type of mudslinging is going to produce a sub-par candidate from the Republican party and may just be the Democrats best hope of re-election.

You want a Republican president again? Better find one that is able to reach across party lines and bring Democrats to their line of thought without alienating their base of support. I, for one, have changed my party affiliation to "none of the above" (aka independent) since both parties are in the throes of extremism that is not my view.

Some of the same questions were being raised about John McCain's eligibility. Tsk-tsk, how soon we forget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html

• Like 3

Some of the same questions were being raised about John McCain's eligibility. Tsk-tsk, how soon we forget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html

I think you will find John McCain was born on US soil. A US Military base in Panama. His father an Admiral and mother a US citizen. Completely different details.

I still wonder why he, Obama, has spent so much money to keep his BC and school transcripts from the public. Remember Sotomayer was one of the lawyerts who help defeat court battles of these issues.

• Like 3

Arizona for 1 is either trying to make it law, or has already passed it that you can't be on the Presidential ballot without a valid birth certificate submitted to the state. Others are attempting to follow suit.

With that happening, it would be wise for the right to stop bringing up this issue, and here is why--------->if he doesn't produce it for the next election, he will be toast. If he does produce it, the left will start in with how it was all lies, and extrapolate that to all of the other problems he has been saddled with, actually giving him a boost.

In other words----->the most important thing to do is insure your state follows suit with the Arizona law, then sit back and watch without saying a word in commitment about Mr Obama. It solves the problem, and does not give political fodder for anyone in case your opinion was faulty.

Let me say though that if states do this, and the rumors about Obama are true, he will just not run for re-election. The dems will make sure of this as some of us may not like the dem leadership, but they are far from politically stupid. If it were found out that his presidency was not legal...........well, you can easily guess the continuation on that one, lol.

• Like 2

And why wont the 'birther' issue die? Because Obama is hiding his total past and doesn't want the truth to come out because it will ruin his career. He is a shyster that convinced millions into following his 'CHANGE'. This birth certificate issue is gaining more followers and will become an issue in the next election. Obama will not have any other choice, they can't hide his past any longer. My prediction, Obama will be a one term president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110325/pl_dailycaller/donaldtrumpsbirthcertificatestrategy

Right Donald, I believe that too. Donald is a business man, and squashing the competition is just business.

Why doesn't he take advantage of the US court system? If Obama isn't a US citizen then all he has to do to get him out of office is to sue?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a book coming out next month that is supposedly going to blow the lid off Obama's citizenship dilemma. There is speculation that Donald Trump knows about it's contents, and that is why he is pushing the issue.

What book is that? I think Obama was probably born in Hawaii but there is something else hes hiding and doesnt want public.

• Like 2

the book will go on sale in May. The title: "Where's the Birth certificate"

It's another Jerome Corsi hit piece. If it is even half as riddled with inaccuracies and outright lies as Obama Nation, it should be good for some laughs.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/corsis_dull_hatchet.html

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/aug/20/obama-nation-corsi-facts-fire/

"Though Corsi's book retells some of the established facts about Obama's life and includes many footnotes, there is so much innuendo combined with factual errors that we found it on the whole to be a highly suspicious work. We're also bothered by the fact that it seems to draw heavily from themes we've debunked from anonymous chain e-mails on the Internet. A reader might think that because the book is printed by a mainstream publishing house it is well-researched and credibile. On the contrary we find The Obama Nation to be an unreliable document for factual information about Barack Obama."

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Mark, first of all, I don't care where he was born. I believe that he is the President of the United States.

Your source, however, lets it;s bias show through with snark like this:

Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

It is idiotic that he doesn't simply provide the long form an be done with it. This is neither complex nor difficult. Even the local illegals are capable of as much as a good fake, why not the President of the United States?

• Like 1