New SuperDuty Spy Pics

ANTAUS

Well, I hope people who buy these things like their trucks to look ugly. Christ, what is going on over at Ford design that stuff like this gets out? Navigator, Expedition, Explorer, SuperDuty...something is very wrong and I think it's time for Mays to go.

Edited by BORG

:blah: :shrug: It's a SuperDuty what is it suppose to look like? Pretty

Nope, but they shouldn't look like Dumbo the elephant got hit in the face with a frying pan. I was really worried that the next super duty was gonna be a major misstep... but these pics make me feel a bit more confident that Ford will not loose their leadership in the truck market. But again, I'm gonna reserve my final judgement until I see one on the road.

:blah: :shrug: It's a SuperDuty what is it suppose to look like? Pretty

Well, It looks like aSuperDuty. Does seem that the only significant feature is the front lights. Which seem maybe a bit strange, like someone has completely run out of ideas.

The interior, seems maybe a bit wrong. The older interior seemed more on the mark. This one looks almost like a me too on the '07 Chev truck.

:shrug: Who knows, in person it might work.

On edit; Or an OEM can come out with nostalgia grills, and a better done front light module. The aftermarket has had those for SDs in one form or another for 5 years at least... no reason it can't continue.

Edited by SysEng

I like what I see except for the headlights..... yikes...

They look funny, but having had a few of these guys behind me at stoplights on a dark night (as I sit with my butt practically on the pavement in my T-Bird), I appreciate the gesture.

p.s. JM, I agree. Those mirrors could be a little bigger. I'd like to see the specially modified garage doors that go with them.

Well, It looks like aSuperDuty. Does seem that the only significant feature is the front lights. Which seem maybe a bit strange, like someone has completely run out of ideas.

The interior, seems maybe a bit wrong. The older interior seemed more on the mark. This one looks almost like a me too on the '07 Chev truck.

:shrug: Who knows, in person it might work.

On edit; Or an OEM can come out with nostalgia grills, and a better done front light module. The aftermarket has had those for SDs in one form or another for 5 years at least... no reason it can't continue.

I don't think it resembles Chevy at all. I hate the new Chevy interiors because it looks like a car. The SD still looks like a truck interior. An F-150 truck to be specific.

This Brut appears to be a BEAST. Rough and Rugged all the way up to it's Edgy bulging hood, and side fender flares.

This baby is even bad enough to scare a Ram away. I'm sure that once we see the official pictures clean of any camouflage we'll appreciate what real Trucks are all about and meant to look like. Tough as an Alligator and strong as an Ox. get in the way of this baby and you'll be out the box.

P.S. Ford don't muck this one up. Please.

They look funny, but having had a few of these guys behind me at stoplights on a dark night (as I sit with my butt practically on the pavement in my T-Bird), I appreciate the gesture.

I drive an '02 SuperDuty and I can't tell you how many obscene gestures I get from people at stoplights at night because my headlights are blinding them. I think they feel I have my brights on, but the truck is just so high that my lights shine right into their cars. I think these new headlights look a little goofy, but it's probably a welcome change.

Yeah. Headlights do look weird, but that's a pretty solid reason for making them look weird.

Also, those are **towing** mirrors, they are designed to telescope outward so drivers can see the full length of the trailer. They can be pushed inwards for parking and so forth, and are on the current SDs.

First post here -- great site y'all have...

I'm not too sure I like the headlights, but given time it may grow on me. All the spy shots I've seen show a vent at the backs of the front fenders (behind the tire up high). My guess is there is a LOT of heat that needs venting -- wonder if that's just from the twins or from the added heat for emissions?

• 2 weeks later...
First post here -- great site y'all have...

I'm not too sure I like the headlights, but given time it may grow on me. All the spy shots I've seen show a vent at the backs of the front fenders (behind the tire up high). My guess is there is a LOT of heat that needs venting -- wonder if that's just from the twins or from the added heat for emissions?

Probably just cosmetic. Something to spruce up the otherwise-unchanged flanks.

He, he he. So funny. You're killing me. I own a Ford Tempo, I can legally drive in 4 months but I drive anyway. I could afford a forty five grand truck if I wanted, I'm rich. With one of Americas leading vets as a Mom (who is also president and founder of M.E.O.W. Inc. and has won countless DVM awards) and a Dad who is a pretty big comercial photographer who did all Scholastic's photography, takes pictures of Baseball and basketball stars for another company, does countless magazine photographs and used to do a little work for Lionel. I am pretty rich. We live in Litchfeild Connecticut, the cars in my signature are my parents cars. We have previously had a few Mercedes-Benz sedans in the late 1980's and early 1990's and for three years from 1993 to 1996, we had a 1993bentley6qu.th.jpg1993 Bentley, since then and before then we have had Fords and Dodges and now have the Montery, the F-150, my Tempo (I'm saving up for a Mercury Sable because I love early 90's cars and like Mercury's light bar grills), a restored 54' F-100 stake-bed Big Job, a restored 1960's VW Beetle, a tricked out second generation Explorer Sport XLT (built for offroad use and it is in our vacation home No. 3 in Alaska, he have 5 vacation homes with thier own cars accross the U.S.), a 93' Isuzu Trooper II which belongs to my 12 year old brother, he is restoring it with some planned interior mods. We also have a 1984 MCI MC-9 Crusader II converted bus, it is a retired New Jersey Transit bus. Did I mention? My Tempo is not stock in case you are thinking what is a rich kid doing in a Tempo. It is a 1989 LX, but has a 92' Tempo 3.0L V6. It is super-charged and does about 120. It has a rear spoiler, interior LEDs (blue neon), a fake hood scoop (plan to chop it, replace it with a real one), Lexani rims and other tuner goodies. I got the Tempo as a gift and I am not stupid, I invest and I save money. Been saving for about 3 years now and have about $20,000. Keep in mind, if I were presistant I could get any car I wanted. And, nothing wrong with planning for the future.

Edited by Explorer4X4

and before then we have had Fords and Dodges and now have the Montery, the F-150, my Tempo (I'm saving up for a Mercury Sable because I love early 90's cars and like Mercury's light bar grills), a restored 54' F-100 stake-bed Big Job, a restored 1960's VW Beetle, a tricked out second generation Explorer Sport XLT (built for offroad use and it is in our vacation home No. 3 in Alaska, he have 5 vacation homes with thier own cars accross the U.S.), a 93' Isuzu Trooper II which belongs to my 12 year old brother, he is restoring it with some planned interior mods. We also have a 1984 MCI MC-9 Crusader II converted bus, it is a retired New Jersey Transit bus. Did I mention? My Tempo is not stock in case you are thinking what is a rich kid doing in a Tempo. It is a 1989 LX, but has a 92' Tempo 3.0L V6. It is super-charged and does about 120. It has a rear spoiler, interior LEDs (blue neon), a fake hood scoop (plan to chop it, replace it with a real one), Lexani rims and other tuner goodies. I got the Tempo as a gift and I am not stupid, I invest and I save money. Been saving for about 3 years now and have about $20,000. Keep in mind, if I were presistant I could get any car I wanted. And, nothing wrong with planning for the future.

These are the cars of the wealthy in America? Man, Democrats are right. The middle class HAS shrunk.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Save us the stories of your "wealthy" parents. YOU are worth nothing. :fan:

Quite hebetudinous. I will spare you my stories, just wanted to get my point across that children under 16 can have a car, can drive a car and are not inferior in any way. I can not only drive an automatic, but I can drive manuals and learned to drive a "stick shift" on a 76' CJ-7 with no power steering. I stalled it out five times on my first try and only three times after that.

No offense, but bragging about how much money your parents make just makes you look worse. Earn your own money and then feel free to brag. But remember, gloating is hardly going to make you any friends. Be polite on the forum, engage in worthwhile automotive discussion, and do your best to get along with others. You're not endearing yourself to anyone right now.