Milan AWD Test Drive

ANTAUS

• 4 weeks later...
So are all three triplets getting AWD this year? If so, are the Milan and Fusion getting the AWD but not the 3.5L V6? Personally, an I4 AWD Fusion or Milan would work very nicely for me.

I believe you can only get the AWD with the V6 ... for some reason ...

but yes, all ofthe triplets get AWD this year, but Milan and Fusion keep the smaller V6

Igor

I believe you can only get the AWD with the V6 ... for some reason ...

but yes, all ofthe triplets get AWD this year, but Milan and Fusion keep the smaller V6

Igor

I still don't understand that line of thinking, and it seems to be what every company does. There really are some of us for who 13s+ 0-60 time is just fine. Honestly. I drive an F250 right now (for no rational reason) and about the only time that tach needle goes over 2K rpm is on the highway. On a regular basis I probably do 0-60 in ~20s, maybe more. There's no rush. It annoys me that 4x4 Rangers only come with a V6, even though that 3.0 barely has more power than the 2.3L I4 and gets horrendous mileage. An AWD Fusion 4-cyl would be entirely adequate for me and get me better mileage than a V6 version. You'd think in these times with astronomical gas prices manufacturers would be trying to squeeze in every mpg they could. Guess it's just me, though.

I still don't understand that line of thinking, and it seems to be what every company does. There really are some of us for who 13s+ 0-60 time is just fine. Honestly. I drive an F250 right now (for no rational reason) and about the only time that tach needle goes over 2K rpm is on the highway. On a regular basis I probably do 0-60 in ~20s, maybe more. There's no rush. It annoys me that 4x4 Rangers only come with a V6, even though that 3.0 barely has more power than the 2.3L I4 and gets horrendous mileage. An AWD Fusion 4-cyl would be entirely adequate for me and get me better mileage than a V6 version. You'd think in these times with astronomical gas prices manufacturers would be trying to squeeze in every mpg they could. Guess it's just me, though.

Barely more power? It's almost half again more hp!

We can also agree to disagree on "horrendous" mileage... :kuko:

Barely more power? It's almost half again more hp!

We can also agree to disagree on "horrendous" mileage... :kuko:

You know I was referring to the 3.0L Vulcan in the Ranger, right? The 2.3L I4 in the ranger gets 143hp/153tq, the 3.0L V6 gets 148hp/180tq. I think you were thinking of the Duratec, which doesn't go in the Ranger. And a 3.0L V6 Ranger gets the same mpg as the 4.0L (which friends state is ~17-18mpg, not much better than any fullsizer), which begs the question why even offer it? The Ranger should have both the I4 and 4.0L V6 offered across the line.