50 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Mustang Generation

• First generation (1964?1973)
    • Second generation (1974?1978)
    • Third generation (1979?1993)
    • Fourth generation (1994?2004)
    • Fifth generation (2005?present)

2012 Mustang GT/Boss/Shelby

Though I am just a little bit biased as I have a GT on order ATM.

On a side note I wonder if "muscle cars" of today will have the same mystique to them in 30-40 years as the muscle cars of the '60s do today?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Mustang ownership spans all generations starting with 1965 289 with a Hurst 3 spd. It had the reverberator as an option. After the shackles rusted through I traded it for a new 1975 Mustang II. It was a special order car, the person that orderd it never piscked it up, there were only 2 options, AM / FM radio and radial tires. In 1978 I purchased another Mustang II, this time was the fastback version with a V6. My next Mustang and favorite by far was a 1969 428 CJ :happy feet: with the C6 Automatic. I sold this car to purchase a house. Should have kept the car :banghead: . My next Mustang didn't come around until 2007 when I bought a used 1998 GT, which I use a a daily driver. I have 2012 on order and hope that it will be as much fun as the 69 428 CJ. :hyper:

• 2 years later...

I have owned 1965, 1989 and have a 2014 on order but my favorite years are still 1969-1970. I absolutely love the BOSS 302 cars and the MACH 1's from these years. Truly classic muscle in a car that could still handle well (for it's time in history). Probably the reason I like the retro 2005-2014's so much........since they remind me of these 2 years of mustang.

• 1 month later...

Think the years need broke down farther on 1st and 5th generation models...

Personally to me the 69-70, and 05-09 are by far my favorite years styling wise, but the 11-up definitely have the nod on power/ interior... I know lots of folks that liked 65-66 better than 69-70- well maybe not lots, but some anyways :)

kinda partial to blue here too:
9419631205_56a03b6fcb_b.jpg

Edited by ford4v429

"Fox 3" a.k.a. "New Edge" cars.

I really like the special editions of the New Edge era (Bullitt, Mach 1, Cobra, Roush, Saleen, etc), but the V6 and GT's I don't think are aging particularly well at all unless they've had some work done to them. I would say the same of the 94-98 cars as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite is the 1985 GT, for several reasons...first because it was the re-awakening of the Mustang to once again have Mustang levels of power, with a 302 engine with a Holley 4-bbl carb and pseudo-headers, and because it was one of the most sleek, non-retro Mustang styles ever.

2511_1985_Mustang_GT.jpg

• 11 months later...