2011 UAW contract negoations

Well I dont think you will get any "leaks" or "updates" as negotiations progresses. The newspapers are usually pretty close.

I have to admit I have been saving my money for over a year now, including my fat profit sharing check.

Be ready for a strike. The winds are in our favor, huge profits, consessions done and the company wants more.............

I have a feeling Ford will be first and set a pattern for GM and Chrysler.

If you havent saved money, start now.

Strike benefits are $200 per week and now a days solidarity only goes as far as most peoples pockets.

Save now!!!

• Like 1

No strike coming but you should always be prepared for lost time at work. Living paycheck to paycheck is not a secure lifestyle.

No point in getting wrapped up in negotiations. When they have something they think is worth bringing to the membership, you'll get the highlights.

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 7

Well I dont think you will get any "leaks" or "updates" as negotiations progresses. The newspapers are usually pretty close.

I have to admit I have been saving my money for over a year now, including my fat profit sharing check.

Be ready for a strike. The winds are in our favor, huge profits, consessions done and the company wants more.............

Strike benefits are $200 per week and now a days solidarity only goes as far as most peoples pockets.

Save now!!!

Strike ? for what

A stike is what Alan and his Cronies want

Fill the plants with 14 dollar an hour workers :hysterical: :happy feet:

None of the Current Membership knows how to stike Alan and his Cronies will Win

Its been 33+ years since the last strike and the pussies crossing the picket line will kill us

OHYEAH

welcome to dtp

Edited by f150oderus
  • Like 3

Strike ? for what

A stike is what Alan and his Cronies want

Fill the plants with 14 dollar an hour workers :hysterical: :happy feet:

None of the Current Membership knows how to stike Alan and his Cronies will Win

Its been 33+ years since the last strike and the pussies crossing the picket line will kill us

OHYEAH

welcome to dtp

At CAP we have maybe 45% of our work force are LTS's (temps) in plant, and still hiring them as of last week.

Doesn't matter what we vote as seniority workers, wave a little money in there faces and they will pass anything. I believe this was planned to load up on temps before voting time and they will pass anything. What the % at other plants? R they doing the same at other plants?

• Like 3

Chicago only has that many Temps because they added a 2nd shift and not enough full time employees signed the posting.....Your plant would be full of Full time employees if the contract had been followed and ILO people were forced there but the company and the union decided not to force anyone,I'm sure we will find out soon what we gave up in order for the Company to have agreed to not forcing anyone! You know the company did not bend the Contract Rules cause they had our best interest in mind!!!

I would've thought the company would like to not have to pay moving allowances on top of our pay and just hire a temp at a lower price.

If people were forced to Chicago,you would have had many that would have quit rather than move to Chicago! Those that quit would have made up for the moving allowance paid in a much better way!

There would be some, but i guess the company didnt want to take that chance that there would be some that quit when they can guarantee not paying the allowance and pay temps lower wages.

Edited by SU-FI

Save now!!!

GM will go first since they have the no strike clause on wages in there contract.

Bob King will not order a strike.

• Like 1

GM will go first since they have the no strike clause on wages in there contract.

Bob King will not order a strike.

Agreed. Bob King will never authorize a strike against any of the 3 companies. He has spent far too much of his UAW carreer kissing the companies backside and giving them everything they asked for. This is gonna be one crappy contract...bet on it!

My guess is that the company will ask for more concessions.The trades got hit/sold out pretty hard so there is not much more to gain from them.Sorry production but $20 skilled trades with experience are very hard to find.That being said I think it is productions turn to be in the crosshairs.You like divide and conquer games?What union?A look out for myself mentality is all I see.We will be lucky to hold onto what we have now.I think we will strike.

My guess is that the company will ask for more concessions.The trades got hit/sold out pretty hard so there is not much more to gain from them.Sorry production but $20 skilled trades with experience are very hard to find.That being said I think it is productions turn to be in the crosshairs.You like divide and conquer games?What union?A look out for myself mentality is all I see.We will be lucky to hold onto what we have now.I think we will strike.

I agree.

With Ford as the strike target GM and Chrysler must follow our pattern. If GM and Chrysler come to an impasse then it must be arbitrated.

With a Ford strike this sets the precedence, an Arbitrator must rule pattern that we set thru a strike.

Save as much money as possible

May want to sell some toys now and look at other spending cuts to make in case we strike

Solidarity goes only as far as our pockets for some, be ready................. We must stay strong and be ready for a looooong strike.

May help to figure out how much we need to save to supplement $200 per week

I am not doom and gloom but we must be ready.............

Agreed. Bob King will never authorize a strike against any of the 3 companies. He has spent far too much of his UAW carreer kissing the companies backside and giving them everything they asked for. This is gonna be one crappy contract...bet on it!

This will only be a crappy contract if you vote it in. No matter what Bob says or how much he waves his arms, raises his voice, even jumps up and down. He can't vote in the contract. Only you can. If you don't like what is behind door number one and can't live with it for four years, vote against it. Don't keep quite tell your friends how you feel. The Union negotiators will be telling what they think and they have microphones. This should be a contract for YOU, not the Union Negotiators.

• Like 1

This will only be a crappy contract if you vote it in. No matter what Bob says or how much he waves his arms, raises his voice, even jumps up and down. He can't vote in the contract. Only you can. If you don't like what is behind door number one and can't live with it for four years, vote against it. Don't keep quite tell your friends how you feel. The Union negotiators will be telling what they think and they have microphones. This should be a contract for YOU, not the Union Negotiators.

As I have not voted YES for a contract in over 20 years, that will be no problem at all. What everyone needs to remember, is that when they put thier piddly signing bonus into it, SOMETHING IS BEING HIDDEN IN THE FINE PRINT!

A Thousand dollar signing bonus only nets a worker about 550.00 take home. Thats not even close to what the next four years are to any of us. I can only hope that the membership remebers the last contract offer that Bobby King tried to shove down our throats, and follows thier brains, fighting to insure our futures.

• Like 1

As I have not voted YES for a contract in over 20 years, that will be no problem at all. What everyone needs to remember, is that when they put thier piddly signing bonus into it, SOMETHING IS BEING HIDDEN IN THE FINE PRINT!

A Thousand dollar signing bonus only nets a worker about 550.00 take home. Thats not even close to what the next four years are to any of us. I can only hope that the membership remebers the last contract offer that Bobby King tried to shove down our throats, and follows thier brains, fighting to insure our futures.

We will have a strike vote soon to give authorization to the IUAW to proceed with a strike if they cant come to terms on an agreement. Tell everyone you know to vote yes on a strike authorization.

We also must start talking to each other about the importance solidarity. I am concerned no one has saved money to weather the possibility of a long strike. The $200 per week will break down the weak.

Scouts code............ Be prepared

• Like 1

I would like the IUAW to tell the company that we are not interested in negotiating until our grievance is settled. Also let them know that if the contract is not settled by the deadline (Sept. 15?) then we will be striking. As it stands now, the company is laughing at us each time they delay the settlement process. It is bad to think, but it almost seems our leadership is laughing at us too, the longer they let the company drag this out. Hopefully this is not a collaboration.

This is our union. We need to take charge of it. We need to let our leadership know that we are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. Talk to your bargaining committees and local presidents.

Don't vote for a contract that says we will have discussions later, or the company will make every effort.

What happened seeing what we are voting on before we vote?

Would you sign a 30 year mortgage without knowing the interest, fees, and so on?

Sorry, but " trust us" is starting to get a little old !

Follow the last contract I voted on, give me retraining in a new trade, its only been 3 years!

What happened to seniority meaning something???

All they do is take , take , take. Combining trades and production classifications lets them screw you with no repercussions, it only cuts jobs down the road.

If my personal time and vacation time resets every year why does it take an awol a year and a half to drop off ?????

Remember this, if the company wants it, it doesn't benefit you!!

Don't vote for a contract that says we will have discussions later, or the company will make every effort.

What happened seeing what we are voting on before we vote?

Would you sign a 30 year mortgage without knowing the interest, fees, and so on?

Sorry, but " trust us" is starting to get a little old !

Follow the last contract I voted on, give me retraining in a new trade, its only been 3 years!

What happened to seniority meaning something???

All they do is take , take , take. Combining trades and production classifications lets them screw you with no repercussions, it only cuts jobs down the road.

If my personal time and vacation time resets every year why does it take an awol a year and a half to drop off ?????

Remember this, if the company wants it, it doesn't benefit you!!