Fusion the new #2 Midsized Sedan

Ask anyone to name a mid-size sedan, and they would most probably mention the Toyota Camry or the Honda Accord. Both these cars sell in huge numbers and are a part of most suburban neighborhoods.

But a look at the registration numbers of mid-size sedans sold in America, shows that the Ford Fusion is now the second most popular sedan in America, trailing the Toyota Camry. The ever popular Honda Accord has slipped down to third place.

However, the Accord is available in two body-styles, coupe and sedan, and when you combine these two, you’ll find that the Accord is still in second place. If you concentrate just on sedans, the Fusion, an American car built on a Japanese car platform (the Fusion is based on the old Mazda6) has taken the first runner-up spot.

The top-five sedans are as follows:

1. Toyota Camry = 108,629 units

2. Ford Fusion = 87,945 units

3. Honda Accord = 83,965 units

4. Nissan Altima = 80,957 units

5. Hyundai Sonata = 77,444 units

LINK - AutoGuide

LINK - AutoGuide

the Fusion, an American car built on a Japanese car platform (the Fusion is based on the old Mazda6) has taken the first runner-up spot.

Hmm, I thought the Fusion was built in Mexico. And the Mazda6 in Michigan.

I really don't care where they are built. Just as long as the Blue Oval is at the top, that's all that matters

Hmm, I thought the Fusion was built in Mexico. And the Mazda6 in Michigan.

I really don't care where they are built. Just as long as the Blue Oval is at the top, that's all that matters

Sice NAFTA passed, as far as trade is concerened, US, Canada and Mexico are all the same. This bad idea called NAFTA is reality, so this is what we have.

The US has a trade surplus with Mexico and Canada...how is that bad? :ohsnap:

That's not bad at all. Trilateral free trade among the USA, Canada, and Mexico (and free trade in general) is beneficial to each participating nation.

The "bad" aspect of NAFTA is its bureaucracy. Theoretically, the participating countries could draw up trade agreements with each other on their own without creating new and separate governing bodies.

Edited by aneekr