Toyota Teases 2012 Camry

PREMiERdrum

Blah. Nothing special to see here with the new Camry.

The fusion will never out sell the camry no matter where it is built and the korean twins over here sell very well and r well put together and they r not afraid to put the best warranty in the auto industry on them so they r pretty confident on their product....

Well, I had a 2011 Kia Sportage rental earlier this week, and while I haven't driven many Korean vehicles, I'd have to say this vehicle isn't so good. Talk about plastic galore, more road noise than my F150 and many fit/finish issues, and poor performance, even when using the manumatic style shifter. They may be confident in their product, but other than the array of features, there was nothing appealing about the Sportage.

Edited by V8-X

They surely now can build Fusions at Flat Rock with the exit of the 6. Theres plenty of capacity there as well as an established, senior work force. Not sure if it can be done profitably or not but I can't imagine it can't. Fusion is a similar car and like engines to the 6. Seems like a no brainer.

They surely now can build Fusions at Flat Rock with the exit of the 6. Theres plenty of capacity there as well as an established, senior work force. Not sure if it can be done profitably or not but I can't imagine it can't. Fusion is a similar car and like engines to the 6. Seems like a no brainer.

It's not a no brainer because of the co-located suppliers in Hermosillo. It's not just the factory. Not saying it can't or won't happen but it's not that simple.

It's not a no brainer because of the co-located suppliers in Hermosillo. It's not just the factory. Not saying it can't or won't happen but it's not that simple.

Makes the most sense to build it at the KCAP when the Escape closes down...it lines up well with the suspected launch of the new Fusion...it would make sense if they moved the MKZ, MKZ hybrid and Fusion Hybird all to the same plant. The Z isn't going to lose its V6 and the F-150 side of the plant uses them also..but set up differently.