MyFord Touch Update TSB

transitman

I'm new to this. So what does the TSB mean? Does that mean I can take my Focus to the dealer and they will fix the listed issues?

It means that if you have the problems listed in the TSB the service techs know what to do to try and fix it. That's all. It's not a recall.

I'm new to this. So what does the TSB mean? Does that mean I can take my Focus to the dealer and they will fix the listed issues?

Just to add to akirby's response, TSB is the abbreviation for Technical Service Bulletin. It's like a fixit order and can be for any component of the car. The 2010 Fusion had TSB's for an electrical grounding strap, seat back securement and a waterfall sound in the cooling system. It doesn't affect all cars, usually cars built before a certain date before QC catches the problem. To find out if your car is affected by this TSB ask your salesman the day your car was built, go to the service department and they can run your VIN or go here http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html to view your window sticker. The build date is in the lower right corner and is a series of numbers like: 1201104291239. My build day was 1 2011 04 29 1239, 4-29-2011. Hope this helps.

Just to add to akirby's response, TSB is the abbreviation for Technical Service Bulletin. It's like a fixit order and can be for any component of the car. The 2010 Fusion had TSB's for an electrical grounding strap, seat back securement and a waterfall sound in the cooling system. It doesn't affect all cars, usually cars built before a certain date before QC catches the problem. To find out if your car is affected by this TSB ask your salesman the day your car was built, go to the service department and they can run your VIN or go here http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html to view your window sticker. The build date is in the lower right corner and is a series of numbers like: 1201104291239. My build day was 1 2011 04 29 1239, 4-29-2011. Hope this helps.

Actually it's not a "fixit" order at all. Most TSBs are simply troubleshooting instructions or clarifications of service procedures or changes. Only a few are actually targeted to fix a specific known problem.

The only difference between a problem referenced by a TSB and a problem not referenced by a TSB is that the one in the TSB might be fixed more quickly and more correctly the first time.

It has no bearing on whether the repair is covered by warranty or not.

Has anybody noticed a difference with the 2.11 update? Problems fixed or new ones that have emerged?

I have a service appointment on Thursday to have the update installed. The dealer seemed clueless about it so I am a little nervous. Im hoping it fixes a few issues I've been having with the nav.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the update done. MFT is a bit better, although I only recently tried my iPod, which is where I had most of my problems. I have not seen the system crash since I had the upgrade, which is a good thing. It used to crash (go black and reboot or lock up) pretty regularly. I also no longer have the problem of the stereo always coming on when I start the car, regardless of whether I had turned it off before shutting the car off. MFT is still horribly slow for a while after first starting the car. SYNC is still completely unresponsive for several minutes. Overall, it does seem there are some good fixes, but it's still not perfect (not that I expected it to be with this update).

I just took delivery of a new 2012 Focus SEL last week. The car was built on August 2nd. MFT, and Sync, so far, have worked about perfect. I do have to be sure the USB connection for my IiPod Touch is firmly seated in the USB port for MFT to recognize it. That's about the only quirk I've so far noticed.