they wait til July to start negotiating the contract

, that stuff you see on the news with the handshake

and all is just a dog and pony show!

So just sit back and wait for someone

In that conference room to get bored and

decide to spice things up a little and

Leak some info out!

Agree 100%

I heard that the International called a Presidents and Chairman's meeting for Tuesday. Apparently they are going to update the progress of negotiations. My opinion is that they will be negotiating well past September 14th, heck in 2007 they went into November. The battle to put more work in our plants must be won. Without jobs I have no benefits, good pay or a future.

• Like 4

Its contract time guys, do you really think it helps coming on here and bashing our Union?

When the first modifications hit, for many it was the first ever seen, there was a lot of talk about “they better not touch my pay” and “they better not touch my benefits”. Ford Motor Company – General Motors – and Chrysler were all in the toilet, we all knew this for a fact. If you didn’t, then you lived in a cave.

The first mods hit, we as Union workers did what we should to help save the company we worked for. It apparently worked, we are now seeing more and more job opportunities in state and out of state. The out of zone moves carry a large cost, a cost that our IUAW maintained even with all 3 in the toilet, with 2 still struggling. How many other companies do any of you think will move their workers out of state, give them similar jobs, keep their pay rate (classification dependant), their benefits and give them $30 thousand on top to do it? Have you ever even thought about how much that will cost? Do the math, it’s an amazing amount of money, or a huge expense. That’s not including the back fill, the training, and the inner building job posting hierarchy. All obtained and maintained by our IUAW and our Local Leadership.

We don’t always have to agree with what our Leadership does, that’s our right. But we really need to start looking at the big pitcher. In order to be a stronger Union we need more numbers, more dues and more VCAP money. Those are plain and simple facts. When you have more numbers, you then can gain in all aspects of a contract through negotiations. When you have more money in your Union coffers, you can push your Union’s weight around in the State and in the White House, when you have more VCAP money you have more politicians looking at you and wanting your support to support you. It’s simply about the money.

I’m glad that many of our brothers and sisters, friends, are getting the chance to move closer to their families with the KTP, LAP, CAP and CSP openings. I’m proud of our Union for maintaining this right for us. I don’t always agree with the things they do, but most of the time it’s simply a misunderstanding of reason. I place the blame of this misunderstanding on them because it’s on them to explain to us, their membership, reasons why.

So here’s a thought, IUAW have more meetings with your Rank and File and help them understand why you need to move in the certain directions. It’s really not a lot to ask for. I think you’ll find that many of us will understand, support, and even help you get there. I think you’ll find that we have many members with a lot to offer. I know you set up Sub Counsel Meetings and other meetings of this nature, but I don’t think your message is getting back to the membership as you intended to. I think it’s easy to hate, and because many will chose the easy path, it’s the reason most of us don’t hear the truth.

Be good, stand in Solidarity and let’s get through this.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & Truck Body

• Like 4

You guys crack me up!

Actually, half of you on here crack me up! Working for Ford is simple. If you don't like what you signed up for, then get the fuck out! Pretty simple! No one puts a gun to your head, and says "Go to work!" It's your choice. I hate working for Ford, but I have no one else to blame but myself. So, get over your self pitty!

• Like 6

Actually, half of you on here crack me up! Working for Ford is simple. If you don't like what you signed up for, then get the fuck out! Pretty simple! No one puts a gun to your head, and says "Go to work!" It's your choice. I hate working for Ford, but I have no one else to blame but myself. So, get over your self pitty!

your 20 min break is up, get you ass back on the slave line and enjoy it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything at all about negotiations? How they are going?

$1B investment in India. Better give up hoping for a return of concessions-or we face more out-sourcing, foreign investment and products imported into the US from these "foreign" Ford plants (i.e., Transit Connect, et al.).

Ford building $1bn manufacturing complex in India