2007 GMC Acadia official pictures

Explorer4X4

This new model is good to look at, but it is a GM product and we all know how they can screw up a wet dream. But, whenever I see a Freestyle, I think it is a lightweight. What I mean is that it does not have the look of a strong and capable vehicle. It looks a bit wimpy like it won't be durable.

It should be interesting how the new "large" CUV from GM play out. They are alot larger then the outgoing Trailblazer, nearly as big as their Fullsize SUV's...not to mention the equinox is nearly as big as an Explorer and it seems to me that GM might have too many products too close to one another in size and has a huge gap down at the bottom where the Escape is.

It should be interesting how the new "large" CUV from GM play out. They are alot larger then the outgoing Trailblazer, nearly as big as their Fullsize SUV's...not to mention the equinox is nearly as big as an Explorer and it seems to me that GM might have too many products too close to one another in size and has a huge gap down at the bottom where the Escape is.

Speaking of Equinox, who has seen that absolutely retarded commercial where that dumb broad has the balls to compare it to the Lexus RX330? :hysterical:

And no, I haven't seen it yet. What happens in it? And how do you compare the Equinox to any Lexus?

It says something ridiculous along the lines of "...available V6 power just like the RX330...blah blah blah....and costs over $14,000 less." It's one of many of the silly Chevrolet "dare to compare" commercials running for the past several months.

About that gap: Saturn VUE, Chevrolet Equinox (it seats 5) and Pontiac Torrent.

The size/price gap...the Vue, Equinox and Torrent are all nearly the size of the Explorer and Trailblazer...

None of them offer a I4 and they all start about 3K more then the starting list price of the Escape...

GM doesnt have a true small SUV in its lineup, like the Escape.

The size/price gap...the Vue, Equinox and Torrent are all nearly the size of the Explorer and Trailblazer...

None of them offer a I4 and they all start about 3K more then the starting list price of the Escape...

GM doesnt have a true small SUV in its lineup, like the Escape.

They shouldn't have killed the Tracker. It was finally just starting to develop into a halfway compitent mini-ute when they axed it.

They shouldn't have killed the Tracker. It was finally just starting to develop into a halfway compitent mini-ute when they axed it.

The general could still do it if they wanted to. The Grand Vitara is a bit smaller than the Equinox/Torrent, but uses a platform derivied from those underpinnings, so there's an option there.

Speaking of Equinox, who has seen that absolutely retarded commercial where that dumb broad has the balls to compare it to the Lexus RX330? :hysterical:

Does it matter? The RX330 is one ugly POS. Wouldn't take much to design a car better than that turd.

Yeah but the city is practically the same. So you get what, 17/25 vrs 15/21 for a V8 Explorer? I wouldn't call that a 'whole' world better. Sorry but I'll keep the powerful 292 hp regular 87 unleaded V8 with the well refined interior, fold down third row seats, IRS, solid frame, good towing ability, and smooth six speed automatic. But hey, that's just me.
Aluminum IRS, ....Junk! Also turns the bacxk of the vehicle into a giant loudspeaker when the ring grear goes out.

Good towin ability,....if you only tow a push mower around.

Six speed, ....since the 5 speed turned out to be the biggest turd since the AXOD-E.

Oh yeah? :hysterical:
That is just nasty!

Alright, I hate to say it but this is the best looking Crossover so far.

I must respectfully disagree. I honestly think this looks like something Hyundai or Kia would have come up with. There is a dischord of lines and shapes there that screams Korean/cheapness to me.

The Ford Edge is still the best looking crossover yet, IMO. Mazda CX-7 is 2nd in my book.

remember, that 6 speed is a product of the Ford/GM joint venture. So, saying its crap is also calling the ford one as well.

All in all, I think that GM made two mistakes with the Acadia group.

1) Its just too freaking big and heavy. They should have focused some more on packaging efficiency and taken out about 400-500 lbs of weight and reduced the outer dimensions a little.

2) Engine choices. While I applaud GM for having the balls to actually use one of their perfectly fine OHC engines on a mainstream product, they chose exactly the wrong one to get it. This vehicle is begging for the 3.9L OHV VCT V6 that they use in the G6 GTP and Impalla LTZ. ITs got lots of torque and gets very good gas mileage for its size. ITs also cheaper to produce than the 3.6L. Then, they can offer the option of the transverse 5.3L V8 as an upgrade. ITs all dooable in their product portfolio.

So many mistakes, so little time... But, its a GM suv, so it will sell no matter what.

There are a lot of blind Ford loyalists in this thread, Especially Jenshon, to get it straight the freestyle is a big giant flop no matterr how an uneducated fanboy tries to spin it. It is a good vehicle but it is a total flop on the sales chart, ford Predicted 100-120k a year on its first year, it didn't even sell 80k. Why is it a flop? Because it is ugly front end onto an extremly dull body with an interior that matches its dullness, and same goes with the 500, extremly boring exterior and extremly boring interior = sales flop. Ford doesn't have Toyota's reputation to sell cars so they need to make them interesting. No matter how blind Jehnson is it doesn't change the fact.

Also to the other poster who thinks fords has an up-to-date line-up let me lay it out.

The Explorer looks dated, yeah we all know it is almost all new but ford cheaped out with redesigning the exterior and it looks like it came out in 2000, BIG GIANT FLOP! The Escape did have a refresh for 2005 but guess what? NO ONE NOTICED! And the upcoming escape is getting the explorer treatment, meaning just changing the front appearance, which is soo fricking lazy of ford. The Focus is a complete joke, they had a hot seller and let it dwindle and dwindle then added a new front and sales still fell because it is soo outdated. The expidition and navigator will suffer the same fate.

The Upcoming edge looks stunning and is fords opne bright spot.

To get on the subject of the acadia i will gauruntee the Lambdas will wipe the floor with the freestyle because GM put in the effort and style to make them succesfull, something ford EVEN ADMITTED they didn't do with the freestyle and it makes me sick that there are soo many fools in this thread standing up for fords mistakes to bash GM. Please is you care for Ford, like i do, you would in no way agree with the freestyle, the let's leave vehicles on the lot to rot like the escape, focus, explorer, navigator and expedition.

There are a lot of blind Ford loyalists in this thread, Especially Jenshon

I'm assuming you mean me. As far as the Freestyle goes, it's a more fit response to the segment than this unibody Yukon. Furthermore, I qualify my praise of the Freestyle, Five Hundred, etc. You openly condemn them. Who's being truly blind?

Oh, yeah, and all that extra money GM blew on the GMT900 SUVs. How's that working out for them?

Edited by RichardJensen

I think it looks like a decent effort by GMC IMHO. The Edge and that vehicle can take quite a few conquest sales from the ancient Highlander for sure. Freestyle BTW is a great vehicle, with the D35 it will get a new lease on life with more power, a few styling tweaks, and some techno gooides. I still think Ford should use the CVT with the new D35 powerplant. The 6+speed automatics are clumsy by comparasion(so are any select shift autos or other gimicks). CVT's offer more perfomance, mileage, and ride quality that even then next BMW gonzo 7+ speed automatic can never replicate. Nissan is begining to use them in the next gen of cars/cuv's extensively, it's the true transmission for the future.

Edited by kevinb120

Personally I would like to have one of the Mazda station wagons. I saw one here awhile back, schoolbus yellow, black leather sport seats with the big stichwork and the cool sport gages......cool little car. I can't remember if it was a 6 or a protege but it was an 05 model.

229106.jpg

Edited by ebritt