About to Cancel my Fusion Hybrid (w/Nav) Order

ksurber

Hi,

I am about to cancel my 2012 Fusion Hybrid that I have had on order since June. It is loaded with 502 package (Navagation). YES, I know all about the Nav delay, problem is that NOBODY can tell me when to expect my car. Not Ford customer service/Ford marketing & my pretty much useless dealer ("uh, no news, sorry"). I even asked a dealer when I got a oil change yesterday & he had no clue about nav shortage, only paint. Any rumors/news I learn on the forums. I understand there is a delay due to Japan earthquake, but it is mid September & like I said Nobody knows anything. How can Ford not know anything about when they will produce Fusion Hybrids with Nav??? Im ready to go buy a different car. I have been a Ford guy most of my life, but ready to jump ship. Its not soo much the waiting as it is getting zero info on when to expect my Hybrid. I do know they are now producing Hybrids, just without the nav. What is the big secret?? Feel free to try to talk me out of it before Monday. I must have nav, and I know I have waited this long (but that wont work).

Thanks - Just V :sos: enting

Hi,

I am about to cancel my 2012 Fusion Hybrid that I have had on order since June. It is loaded with 502 package (Navagation). YES, I know all about the Nav delay, problem is that NOBODY can tell me when to expect my car. Not Ford customer service/Ford marketing & my pretty much useless dealer ("uh, no news, sorry"). I even asked a dealer when I got a oil change yesterday & he had no clue about nav shortage, only paint. Any rumors/news I learn on the forums. I understand there is a delay due to Japan earthquake, but it is mid September & like I said Nobody knows anything. How can Ford not know anything about when they will produce Fusion Hybrids with Nav??? Im ready to go buy a different car. I have been a Ford guy most of my life, but ready to jump ship. Its not soo much the waiting as it is getting zero info on when to expect my Hybrid. I do know they are now producing Hybrids, just without the nav. What is the big secret?? Feel free to try to talk me out of it before Monday. I must have nav, and I know I have waited this long (but that wont work).

Thanks - Just V :sos: enting

Fusion hybrids with Navigation are going to begin building in November.

Fusion hybrids with Navigation are going to begin building in November.

And your source of information is who/what? The original build (job 1) for hybrids was Nov 1st. They have moved that date up & started building them as of Aug 1st, just not with Navs. I appreciate your info, keep any additonal info coming.

And your source of information is who/what? The original build (job 1) for hybrids was Nov 1st. They have moved that date up & started building them as of Aug 1st, just not with Navs. I appreciate your info, keep any additonal info coming.

Field Ops. Your dealership is still going to need to work with their ZM and scheduler to make sure your Fusion gets built in November. Hybrids are manually scheduled.

This link info shows Fusion with Nav is Nov 1st

http://cm.phh.com/interactivebusinessresources/newsandinformation/currentYear/canadianEnglish/pdfFolder/090611MFRfordEN.pdf

Hey bud, we were talking about your situation over at the Ford Fusion Forum. I'm the guy that emailed you that memo from May.

Anyway I just wanted to add that although your situation does suck there may be a silver lining here. Both of our cars are somewhat rare, at least compared to the S, SE, and SEL trims. So at some point we both are going to resale our cars, probably years down the road. The way I see it the rare nature of our models should help us get a higher resale value at that time.

If you really want this car then stick in there. The wait SUCKS, :banghead: but in the end it will be worth it. By the end of this year we'll both be cruising in our new cars and come resale time should get a decent price for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford gave notice in Friday's DNB (Distribution News Bulletin) that Navigation System supply was increasing faster than expected and that the navigation commodity hold has been lifted with the navigation option available for scheduling immediately, for all vehicle lines, at free demand!

also bought a new 2011 F-150 Platinum back in Feb. 2011. After watching all of Ford's ads for Sync on TV/Web you would think that just about any newer model cell phone would work with ALL the features Sync provides. I was greatly disappointed when I discovered that my new phone I had just upgraded too...a HTC-HD2 did not or would not support the read/respond texting function. I tried the HD2 with both the T-Mobile card and an AT&T card, neither would support the texting function. All the other bluetooth functions (streaming audio, etc) work great but the texting feature was the most important function I was looking for...given I use my truck like and office on the road.

Illinois Lemon law

also bought a new 2011 F-150 Platinum back in Feb. 2011. After watching all of Ford's ads for Sync on TV/Web you would think that just about any newer model cell phone would work with ALL the features Sync provides. I was greatly disappointed when I discovered that my new phone I had just upgraded too...a HTC-HD2 did not or would not support the read/respond texting function. I tried the HD2 with both the T-Mobile card and an AT&T card, neither would support the texting function. All the other bluetooth functions (streaming audio, etc) work great but the texting feature was the most important function I was looking for...given I use my truck like and office on the road.

That isn't Ford's fault. Blame the cell phone mfrs for not supporting all the bluetooth profiles.