2013 Ford Taurus Launch

bobbyd

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to come back with the same thing, but, since there will be some cosmetic and interior changes, it's probably a week or so before the '13 starts to allow for a little retooling. :)

But they'll be building the new ones alongside the old ones on the same line before Job 1. At least that's how it's been described before.

I guess the point is there will not be an extended shutdown to change over - few days at most as posted above.

But they'll be building the new ones alongside the old ones on the same line before Job 1. At least that's how it's been described before.

I didn't realize they did that, except when the vehicle is produced at multiple plants (F150).

I guess the point is there will not be an extended shutdown to change over - few days at most as posted above.

Agreed...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying every resource at Ford (Media Ford etc...) to see what the 2013 Taurus SEL wheels look like and the answer I get is "sorry, we don't know!" The frustration is all they show is the wheels on the 2013 SHO...which of course accounts for maybe 10% of Taurus sales. WHY DON'T they offer pics of the SEL..the MOST POPULAR MODEL?

In contrast, the 2013 Malibu is plastered in Car & Driver and Motor Trend...and this 2013 Chevy debuts at the same time as the 2013 Taurus. Chevy makes a 2012 Malibu, so they aren't concerned about AFFECTING the sales of the current model. What's with all this secrecy at Ford....especially when they plaster the 2013 SHO, SHO, SHO everywhere. Sounds like the OLD Ford management team acting like its a big secret.

As you can tell by now, I want an SEL, but am anxious (a little bit) to see the wheels. Afterall, the WHEELS make the car!

The 2012 Taurus "Job Last" date is 02/02/2012.

11/14/2011 - 2013MY Taurus Order Bank Open Date

01/05/2012 - 2013MY Taurus Scheduling Begins

02/06/2012 - 2013MY Taurus Job #1 Date