Quick question

I see everybody talking about "points" or "ratings". I finally saw the + or - sign at the bottom right and figured out you can agree or disagree. Then somebody said about how many points they have.

Where do you see these "points"?

Don't click on them and don't intend to, just curious where my points are if I have any.

Thanks

• Like 1

Go to your profile page. Click in the gray area that says "Signed in as goinbroke2", and select "My Profile" from the list of items. When you get there, scroll down and look along the left for "Reputation". This appears to be a running total of the number of +/- that people have given your posts.

I usually refrain from clicking on the +/- except when someone has a "-" that I don't believe is justified, so I cancel it out.

Edited by RangerM

Go to your profile page. Click in the gray area that says "Signed in as goinbroke2", and select "My Profile" from the list of items. When you get there, scroll down and look along the left for "Reputation". This appears to be a running total of the number of +/- that people have given your posts.

I usually refrain from clicking on the +/- except when someone has a "-" that I don't believe is justified, so I cancel it out.

You can check it for anyone posting. Look to the right of their name and there is a small box with an arrow pointing toward the upper right. Click that icon and you can see their rating, go to their profile page, search for their posts and pm them.

aha! Thanks, I got 185 which is excellent apparently.

I guess I can sleep better tonight all warm and fuzzy. :shades:

You're up to 187 now. But, be careful not to anger the locals. One "aw-sh*t" and the negative ratings will pull you down again.

Better yet, don't go back to look at them. Fans will agree and critics will disagree. If they are confident enough they will post so for all to see.

• Like 1

If you want a good rating then you must post right wing stuff...like you hear on the radio or on Fox News.

You would think so. I think it has more to do with the tone and tenor of your comments. Try looking at the posts and ratings of others who post comments regardless of party affiliation. A great many have few or no "points" or get rated up or down differently from you because it's behavior more often than ideology that results in those ratings, IMHO.

How easy it would be for you if FoxNews was the only explanation for you being on the losing side of today's political polling.

• Like 1

Of course another way to a good rating or to attack those you disagree with is to have multiple screen names here and rate yourself up ...as some do .

Or to go and find all of a poster that you don't like posts and rate them all down....and do it again under other names...then boast about "ratings" as some do.

All in all just another childish exercise for the less than mature poster.

It seems to be important to some right wingers here though.

• Like 1

And this " Rep " thing does what for who......

The site was fine without it, I'll make up my own mind thank you.

I don't look at it. Some do. Some don't. Some assert that it doesn't matter to them. Which I can understand when they've been on the receiving end of thousands of negatives for their actions and language.

It's not a popularity contest to me, it's a chance to listen to views outside my own personal notions and as a self-check of how much I can defend them in my own mind. I am not easily swayed, but I do listen for the rare chance a compelling argument is put forth that makes me reconsider my position.

Beats watching "Dancing with the Stars", or "Toddlers With Tiaras", or "Jersey Shore" or "Entertainment Tonight" for the news and important topics of the day.