UAW Ford Workers at $58 Per Hour

Grim Reaper

Highest Compensated Autoworker In America

The IUAW has ensured a good contract for us. They gained product commitments at many locations as well as bonuses, lower benefits and job security for all.

At $58 per hour there is no room for further increases in wages. To raise our $58 per hour higher will result in losing future work to lower waged countries like Canada and Mexico. May take some time but it will happen.

The UAW has the responsibility of ensuring high wages and make sure we all have jobs

Both attained in this agreement

To vote no will not get us more and it will not put us on strike.

A no vote will cause further public hatred, media frenzy on our entitlement culture and losses in market share

A no vote will cause moving wages, benefits and bonuses around where in the end it will be the same compensation.

The IUAW will not put us in an uncompetitive position to start losing investment and future products going to lower paid countries

To vote no on this good, fair agreement will further push public hatred, media browbeating and the inability to further organize the lower paid transplants

A no vote will be devastating to the D3 autoworkers as a whole

Voting no will not gain us more income or higher bonuses; it will only hurt our ability to make even better gains in 2015

• Like 9

The IUAW has ensured a good contract for us. They gained product commitments at many locations as well as bonuses, lower benefits and job security for all.

At $58 per hour there is no room for further increases in wages. To raise our $58 per hour higher will result in losing future work to lower waged countries like Canada and Mexico. May take some time but it will happen.

The UAW has the responsibility of ensuring high wages and make sure we all have jobs

A no vote will cause further public hatred, media frenzy on our entitlement culture and losses in market share

A no vote will cause moving wages, benefits and bonuses around where in the end it will be the same compensation.

The IUAW will not put us in an uncompetitive position to start losing investment and future products going to lower paid countries

To vote no on this good, fair agreement will further push public hatred, media browbeating and the inability to further organize the lower paid transplants

Voting no will not gain us more income or higher bonuses; it will only hurt our ability to make even better gains in 2015

+1 Well said, brother.

• Like 5

Very true. Especially with the state of our economy and the general public (our customers) being on edge right now. I wish we could get more and I know that raises are what we all strive for. It hurts but we still have to wait a while longer to keep us competitive.

I agree with all 3 posts.

• Like 5

Makes sense, just move the shells. The labor rates are directly tied to the product investments and they cant be raised

• Like 1

This not true, the current contract tentative agreement does not benefit the membership in it's current state. None of the concessions have been given back that were promised to us by "mouth" of the company itself. They said when we would become profitable again we would gain our concessions back and this agreement has not offered anything remotely close to giving back anything we gave up for the past 10 years at Ford.

Much of the fine print has been left out of this agreement for us to see. Many pages redacted or left out leaving the membership to wonder what fine print is really there.

Canada has already agreed to a contract and was voted in a long time ago. Our contract agreement presently on the table has nothing to do with Canada or Mexico.

The 6,000 signing bonus is $4,300 after taxes, and for a family of 3 or 4, pays for one month's mortgage, food and some bills. Not nearly enough to keep us in the middle class.

The 1,500 economic growth payments = $900 after taxes, not enough to pay for even one month's mortgage, food or bills. Not nearly enough to keep us in the middle class.

The new profit sharing formula still needs to be looked at and changed to a flat rate percentage of profits and the same mounts given to all members across the board.

The 18 month rolling AWOLS should have been changed back to 12 months. This is not reasonable or fair for people that just can't make it to work every single day.

Vacation time policies for DTP should be looked at, people should be able to take their vacation or personal days anytime they want.

Break time minutes that we gave up should be given back to us. Why should I make 250 more trucks for the company and not get the profit from it?

Limitations on Sub pay should taken off, so that weather you have 1 year in or 30 years in you get the same amount of sub pay everyone else gets.

COLA should be given back, if the company can pay us lump sum payments to catch up with cost of living, COLA can be added back, the economy dictates this right now.

There is no 3% raise per year for the membership or retirees in this agreement. Our fathers, grandfathers and mothers got us their jobs, we should take care of them.

This contract does not hold the UAW accountable for the wrong things done at plant level. There is no accountability in this contract for poor representation.

The cost of co-pays should have been reduced in this contract. If I have to pay 10% to fund VEBA, I want my co-pays reduced from 25.00 back to 10.00 per office visit.

Job commitments for 2007 should be implemented before you preach job commitments in 2012. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Trades should be sent back to trades to make the trades wages.

Buyouts should be available for anyone that wants to leave, same price across the board and vehicle discount vehicle vouchers should be given to those with 28 years or more.

This is being voted down as we speak by many of the plants. Yes we want more money!.

Voting NO on this Deal..

Also the people above have just joined this forum, they are company coolaid drinkers, and they are trying to push a yes vote. This contract does not deserve one.

This not true, the current contract tentative agreement does not benefit the membership in it's current state. None of the concessions have been given back that were promised to us by "mouth" of the company itself. They said when we would become profitable again we would gain our concessions back and this agreement has not offered anything remotely close to giving back anything we gave up for the past 10 years at Ford.

Much of the fine print has been left out of this agreement for us to see. Many pages redacted or left out leaving the membership to wonder what fine print is really there.

Canada has already agreed to a contract and was voted in a long time ago. Our contract agreement presently on the table has nothing to do with Canada or Mexico.

The 6,000 signing bonus is $4,300 after taxes, and for a family of 3 or 4, pays for one month's mortgage, food and some bills. Not nearly enough to keep us in the middle class.

The 1,500 economic growth payments = $900 after taxes, not enough to pay for even one month's mortgage, food or bills. Not nearly enough to keep us in the middle class.

The new profit sharing formula still needs to be looked at and changed to a flat rate percentage of profits and the same mounts given to all members across the board.

The 18 month rolling AWOLS should have been changed back to 12 months. This is not reasonable or fair for people that just can't make it to work every single day.

Vacation time policies for DTP should be looked at, people should be able to take their vacation or personal days anytime they want.

Break time minutes that we gave up should be given back to us. Why should I make 250 more trucks for the company and not get the profit from it?

Limitations on Sub pay should taken off, so that weather you have 1 year in or 30 years in you get the same amount of sub pay everyone else gets.

COLA should be given back, if the company can pay us lump sum payments to catch up with cost of living, COLA can be added back, the economy dictates this right now.

There is no 3% raise per year for the membership or retirees in this agreement. Our fathers, grandfathers and mothers got us their jobs, we should take care of them.

This contract does not hold the UAW accountable for the wrong things done at plant level. There is no accountability in this contract for poor representation.

The cost of co-pays should have been reduced in this contract. If I have to pay 10% to fund VEBA, I want my co-pays reduced from 25.00 back to 10.00 per office visit.

Job commitments for 2007 should be implemented before you preach job commitments in 2012. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Trades should be sent back to trades to make the trades wages.

Buyouts should be available for anyone that wants to leave, same price across the board and vehicle discount vehicle vouchers should be given to those with 28 years or more.

This is being voted down as we speak by many of the plants. Yes we want more money!.

Voting NO on this Deal..

Also the people above have just joined this forum, they are company coolaid drinkers, and they are trying to push a yes vote. This contract does not deserve one.

And I doubt of you're going to get that money. No vote or not. No way is Ford going to let GM & Chrysler be at a competitive advantage over them, not to mention the transplants.
  • Like 3

$58 an hour. Mmmm. You have to be kidding me. You actually listen to that crap??. So, let me get this straight, a tech making $28 an hour is also being paid $30 an hour in benefits? What benefits does this include? Last time I recalled, I gave up a 25 cent increase of COLA back in 81' contract to help defray the cost of health coverage. Given the rate of inflation, that is approximately 70 cents today. Then in the 93-96 contract, we gave up a total of 24 cents in COLA raises to defray the cost of our health coverage. In todays market, that is worth about 40 cents an hour. Then in 2005, we gave up a 3% raise to, what (?), defray the costs of health coverage. For non-skilled, that was about 84 cents an hour; for skilled it is about 96 cents an hour. Then, to top it off, in 2009, we gave up COLA all together to DEFRAY the COSTS of HEALTH COVERAGE. At the time we were getting, as I remember it, $2.02 and hour. So, for the non-skilled worker, he/she is paying about $4 an hour per his/her own health coverage. $690 a month for their own health coverage. That is if, and only IF, the worker is working a traditonal 40 hour a week job. Some people work up to 84 hours per week and get paid over 100 hours for the overtime. Let's just suppose a person is being paid 100 a week. Well, person is forced to pay That person is paying upwards of $1700 a month in health care coverage. In other words, that person is actually suplimenting the health care coverage for anyone who does not pay their full share. At least I would assume that the company can't be claiming that it costs $1700 month in health care coverage.

• Like 1

I love it when people keep saying the same thing over and over and people accept it as fact. Until Ford can show me how they come up with the $58 per hour labor cost. I'll assume it's bullshit. At one time I heard that number included all costs for current retirees. How can you say I earn $58 per hour when part of that, Ford has to pay whether you have any U.S workers or not. The UAW should make Ford explain to all of it's workers, and the rest of the world for that matter, how they arrive at that number.

• Like 2

I love it when people keep saying the same thing over and over and people accept it as fact. Until Ford can show me how they come up with the $58 per hour labor cost. I'll assume it's bullshit. At one time I heard that number included all costs for current retirees. How can you say I earn $58 per hour when part of that, Ford has to pay whether you have any U.S workers or not. The UAW should make Ford explain to all of it's workers, and the rest of the world for that matter, how they arrive at that number.

Hourly Labor Cost

Labor costs can be defined and measured in a number of ways. One of the most meaningful measures is the total

average hourly cost to the company per hour worked. This includes: (1) all the dollars paid to employees, (2) the cost of

contractual benefits for employees, and (3) the cost of statutory payments, such as Social Security and Workers'

Compensation – all calculated on the basis of hours worked by employees.

One element of total average hourly cost is the gross average hourly earnings (GAHE). This is essentially what

shows up in the paycheck. It includes base wages, cost-of-living allowance and premium payments.

Another element, the benefits and fringe cost, includes the cost of all insurance benefit coverage, supplemental

unemployment plan costs, paid time off, statutory payments, profit sharing, Guaranteed Employment Number (GEN) and

all other miscellaneous payments and costs.

• Like 4

Hourly Labor Cost

Labor costs can be defined and measured in a number of ways. One of the most meaningful measures is the total

average hourly cost to the company per hour worked. This includes: (1) all the dollars paid to employees, (2) the cost of

contractual benefits for employees, and (3) the cost of statutory payments, such as Social Security and Workers'

One element of total average hourly cost is the gross average hourly earnings (GAHE). This is essentially what

shows up in the paycheck. It includes base wages, cost-of-living allowance and premium payments.

Another element, the benefits and fringe cost, includes the cost of all insurance benefit coverage, supplemental

unemployment plan costs, paid time off, statutory payments, profit sharing, Guaranteed Employment Number (GEN) and

Marginal Economist? Sounds more like a politician. You said one heck of a lot and did not even come close to actually answering the questions people are posting. If you can't break it down, don't try to explain it away with dribble. I can tell you that included in those costs are things many of us NEVER use, such as the education crap, the lawyer junk, etc.

But keep up the good work, Marginal Economist. Blow your rhetoric up our arses and think that all of us will accept answers that really don't do a thing to help us actually get an answer to our questions. You sound much like our Cost Accoutants that don't know their job.

• Like 2

Hourly Labor Cost

Even my dumb ass can see three things in there that every employer pays on it's employees: Social security, workers comp and vac/personal time.

• Like 3

Marginal Economist? Sounds more like a politician. You said one heck of a lot and did not even come close to actually answering the questions people are posting. If you can't break it down, don't try to explain it away with dribble. I can tell you that included in those costs are things many of us NEVER use, such as the education crap, the lawyer junk, etc.

But keep up the good work, Marginal Economist. Blow your rhetoric up our arses and think that all of us will accept answers that really don't do a thing to help us actually get an answer to our questions. You sound much like our Cost Accoutants that don't know their job.

Dane - You asked how they came up with the $58 an hour and I gave you the formula. Here is a link to the Ford press release from 2007 that has the answer I copied and pasted. These show rates pre concesions in the $70 range. My link

The math is basically:

(Base wages + overtime + vacation pay + benefits + future retirement costs for current workers)/ total hours worked. In 2006 benefit and fringe cost was $38.13/hour.

It is fitting that you used the phrase "education crap".

• Like 3

folks, i think we are all upset with the way things have gone down with negotiations ......especially lately. IF Ford Motor Company would have fulfilled their past promises we wouldn't have a pay increase issue.It should have already happened. When mgt received their stuff back we were supposed to get ours back. now its in that fate of an arbitrator...............REALLY???? Where i come from black and white is black and white. Im not surprised at all with voting no and im not surprised with voting yes............... Im afraid that if we win the grievance and are awarded our pay increases back that FOMOCO in all of their wisdom will want to reopen the contract..........and if it does happen..I will go on the biggest HELL NO campaign they could imagine and i dont think i would have a hard time with any disagreements from our membership. im on the fence with the way im gonna vote.......i just dont know yet..... dont hate me lol im your brother

• Like 2

Show me the numbers or STFU

Here you go Carl - the numbers you are looking for are on slide 2. My link

ETA: Can't get the link to work as it is actually a power point presentation - please try pasting this into your browser: media.ford.com/images/10031/12_2_08_Appendix.ppt

Edited by Marginal Economist
  • Like 3

Here you go Carl - the numbers you are looking for are on slide 2. My link

ETA: Can't get the link to work as it is actually a power point presentation - please try pasting this into your browser: media.ford.com/images/10031/12_2_08_Appendix.ppt

We do have the highest rate among the auto makers. We have a bunch of idiots who believe their own lies on this site. I don't know what they think that will get them.

• Like 3

Dane - You asked how they came up with the $58 an hour and I gave you the formula. Here is a link to the Ford press release from 2007 that has the answer I copied and pasted. These show rates pre concesions in the $70 range. My link

The math is basically:

(Base wages + overtime + vacation pay + benefits + future retirement costs for current workers)/ total hours worked. In 2006 benefit and fringe cost was $38.13/hour.

It is fitting that you used the phrase "education crap".

Your link leads to what; more rhetoric crap. It DID NOT give a dollar for dollar breakdown exactly what the costs, per hour, are for all these benefits (including the legal benefits that very few use).

What you want me to believe is that Ford Motor Company pays out $5,200 a month in benefits for me and my fellow workers. As I said before, IF YOU CAN'T BREAK IT DOWN (into a dollar per dollar amount for each benefit provided), DON'T TRY TO EXPLAIN IT AWAY WITH DRIBBLE!!!

• Like 1

I am getting tired of these just vote no crybabies. I kind of hope it will not pass and the International puts us out on strike. Then we will get what we deserve. A few of us will get $200 a week for strike duty and catastrophic health insurance. Since most of us have never ever walked a picket line, we have no clue what that means. We think "going back to the table" is automatic, it's not.

• Like 2

Even my dumb ass can see three things in there that every employer pays on it's employees: Social security, workers comp and vac/personal time.

Not every employer pays vacation and personal time. Actually, less and less employers are paying for this and are having the employees purchase it if they want time off.

• Like 1

Iask group teamleader why he voted yes ,he said because i got two sons working here and if they make all the new hires permament ,nobody from other plants can bump them ,so when twin cities closes they can not come here because their are no opening ,they fill by people off the street at half the pay why would ford bring 28 dollars guys here ,so lets make them permament and they can not be bump either by other employee from other plants ,like walton stamping plant and I get 1.50 more an hour and ,no forman to tell me what to do ,they will be cutting supervisor as soon as this passes .Greed at his best.

Edited by itsmeuaw

Wher do u get 58 dollars I make 28 for the last eight years ,it was acually 21 dollars but cost of living was roll to my paid and Ford is opening new plants in India ,uk and Other big countries its on at.ford .com .sure mexico coming ,drug cartel is robbing there trucks and workers at the plant and truckdriver and using the fusion to bring in drugs ,thats why they r pulling out ,japan earthquake ,china human rights issues and kids working at 19 cents an hour making parts for all japans auto companies ,.