Company has a plan if voted down

nonunion slug

I used to think I would like to join a union because of the way I've been treated. But, after reading these threads--especially when I inform these guys of what is going on with management--it is incredible. Their ignorance and arrogance is phenomenal. You can't reason with them because they know everything--even when they don't know a thing. I am astounded by the unbelievable amount of ignorant and arrogant people on this site.

You've been treated as such because only a lowlife koolaid drinking troll would post what you have,no intention to help only stir the pot.

You would never make it in a union.... a spine is required. Keep drinking the koolaid and please stay on the other side of the fence. :finger:

It wont just be the no voters pal, you will be out there too if you want your $200

did ou vote to give the UAW the right to strike? 95% of the people did so get ready to stand up for what you believed in when you gave them the right to strike.its time to take a stand in what you believed in.it's not about the money it"s about what is right. stand up for retired people you wouln not have what you have if it was not for them . that is what this about to me.

I used to think I would like to join a union because of the way I've been treated. But, after reading these threads--especially when I inform these guys of what is going on with management--it is incredible. Their ignorance and arrogance is phenomenal. You can't reason with them because they know everything--even when they don't know a thing. I am astounded by the unbelievable amount of ignorant and arrogant people on this site.

no no no, management as usual knows everyfuckingthing right? they're never wrong, just ask them. go fuck off and choke on a slug.

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn’t mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

Yet, it seems upper management at Ford is taking it very seriously. We were told once again to be ready to head to the plants that we did the last vehicle launch. In case the contract continues to be voted down, we need to be ready to go. I have been given the assignment to begin contacting suppliers who also helped on the launch. I think Ford plans on bringing them in also to help continue making product if the vote goes down.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don’t the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don’t have to go back to the table.

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp.com/strike-replacement-workers/ to replace current workers.

My manager said union workers believe the Company will go back to the table, but on the other hand the Company has two options to bring in replacement workers—if the union goes out on strike or if the Company locks the union out. It was floated that since Republicans run both the governments of Michigan and Ohio that those two states may be targeted for replacement workers. They don’t seem to be worried about angry strikers due to the public being against union workers who turn down a very good agreement and the Company PR staff has already been putting out information on the contract.

May be true....... We will be on strike soon

• Like 1

Why would you be astounded by the unbelievable amount of ignorant and arrogant people on this site, you work with them everyday; or do you?

Brothers and sisters, I am not agreeing with this poster that you are ignorant or arrogant. I just find it hard to believe that a supervisor works with us everyday and then is suddenly astounded.

I would like to see the worst outcome happen to you No voters if you get your way and this deal gets turned down. I would be joining the millions of Americans that would love to see the looks on your faces on the picket line when you realize what a mistake you made but I would also suffer financialy because of you stubborn short sighted haters. THE RISKS ARE GREATER THAN THE REWARDS!

You must be a supervisor. I would like to see the look on your face when a team leader takes your job and then you can join the unemployment line.

[/quote

Another dumbass supervisor trying to speak,lol. What's funny is,we will still have our job while your thrown out in the street. You are being deleted with a union team leader and funny thing is that you supervisors don't even realize it. Ford management thinks of you like they do of us,SHIT....

Why would you be astounded by the unbelievable amount of ignorant and arrogant people on this site, you work with them everyday; or do you?

Brothers and sisters, I am not agreeing with this poster that you are ignorant or arrogant. I just find it hard to believe that a supervisor works with us everyday and then is suddenly astounded.

There is a huge amount of people that work for Ford that do not work in a plant: Ford Credit, HR, IT, Marketing, Sales, and Service, Product Development, OGC, Finance, Communications, and more. We generally have favorable feelings towards the unionized workers - the UAW Ford worker builds quality vehicles and gives Ford a trained and reliable work force. There needs to be a balance between all parties involved - blue collar, white collar, dealers, and shareholders. Bitching and moaning about one another does not accomplish much.

• Like 4

There is a huge amount of people that work for Ford that do not work in a plant: Ford Credit, HR, IT, Marketing, Sales, and Service, Product Development, OGC, Finance, Communications, and more. We generally have favorable feelings towards the unionized workers - the UAW Ford worker builds quality vehicles and gives Ford a trained and reliable work force. There needs to be a balance between all parties involved - blue collar, white collar, dealers, and shareholders. Bitching and moaning about one another does not accomplish much.

You nailed it.

A strike is entirely avoidable IF both the company & the UAW is honest and reasonable with each other and its members. Its no coincidence that some national negotiators brought home a large slice of pie to their home districts (life is good). Some plants are closing with little information or consideration for placing those workers affected in zone or spelled out terms for out of zone placement or a timeline (life is bad). Some of us just want a clear picture of what the future plan is and our part (if any) really is.

Keep working, keep talking, ask the membership what their top issues / wants are. Way too much self serving and "hogs" cut for the benefit of localized plants at the cost of the rank & file that pay the same dues and left in the dark.

Yep, we cannot go on strike over economic issues and the company can hire replacement workers if we go on strike or if we get locked out by the company. That is true. Ford has a lot more to lose in this deal than we do if you think about it. If Ford caves, they will probably take a hit in public relations, but if Ford is tough with us and actually finds a way to get product out, the media will love them for it and for knocking us down.

You cant argue this in not over wages. The company can prove it just through this forum everyone wants a $15,000 signing bonus and everything else to get us back up to $70 per hour.

If we strike will will be locked out and replaced by scabs.

You cant argue this in not over wages. The company can prove it just through this forum everyone wants a $15,000 signing bonus and everything else to get us back up to $70 per hour.

Once a no vote is cast and we go on strike all control of our futures is at risk.

The company can use this forum as proof? what the 50 posters at most and maybe a handful if that have said 15k? and of those handful could be the same person? I.E. Chucky and his 50 accounts..

and where do you work louie? because if you've ever sniffed the inside of an assembly plant you'd know the company can't just roll in people off the streets to run a billion dollar assembly plant.

• Like 2

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn’t mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

Yet, it seems upper management at Ford is taking it very seriously. We were told once again to be ready to head to the plants that we did the last vehicle launch. In case the contract continues to be voted down, we need to be ready to go. I have been given the assignment to begin contacting suppliers who also helped on the launch. I think Ford plans on bringing them in also to help continue making product if the vote goes down.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don’t the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don’t have to go back to the table.

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp.com/strike-replacement-workers/ to replace current workers.

My manager said union workers believe the Company will go back to the table, but on the other hand the Company has two options to bring in replacement workers—if the union goes out on strike or if the Company locks the union out. It was floated that since Republicans run both the governments of Michigan and Ohio that those two states may be targeted for replacement workers. They don’t seem to be worried about angry strikers due to the public being against union workers who turn down a very good agreement and the Company PR staff has already been putting out information on the contract.

By the way did you remember King took out 50+ Million out of the strike fund to organize the south auto plants, I rasied the question then but everyone said we won't have to strike....Well show me the strike funds?

Edited by paintengr
  • Like 1

By the way did you remember King took out 50+ Million out of the strike fund to organize the south auto plants, I rasied the question then but everyone said we won't have to strike....Well show me the strike funds?

Bob King want's to use strike fund to supplement veba,that's why they (international) wanted us to give up the right to strike,he wants to get his hands on that money as well.People this shit has got to stop now. Our self-serving international reps need to be put in check by the membership.Don't be afraid to rock the boat,YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY HELPED BUILD THIS BOAT!!!!!!

Yep, we cannot go on strike over economic issues and the company can hire replacement workers if we go on strike or if we get locked out by the company. That is true. Ford has a lot more to lose in this deal than we do if you think about it. If Ford caves, they will probably take a hit in public relations, but if Ford is tough with us and actually finds a way to get product out, the media will love them for it and for knocking us down.

i would love to see replacement workers at dtp! when we have someone gone it takes two to do a job! that a lot of scabs crossing the line. and the public sees this! i'm not buying a ford truck now!!

You must be a supervisor. I would like to see the look on your face when a team leader takes your job and then you can join the unemployment line.

I am a production worker at DTP. What do you think that every single one of the Yes voters so far are salary? If we go on strike for a long time and the deal we get is worst than we are being offered now I wonder how many of you short sighted greedy workers will come on this sight and admit that you were wrong.I hope that it does not come down to a strike but if it does the only good thing that I will see about being on the picket is that I can watch the scared and bewildered dumbass faces crying that thought they knew it all. You people act like you own the fucking company. If it was not for Ford motor and the UAW you would not have half of the shit that you have now. You No voters do not want to understand because of your hate driven, I will show the man, greedy short sighted sub human brains. The first things you NO voters will be saying next week if the deal is turned down will be things like " Fuck yea" "we showed them" "HA HA" but if we go on strike you will be saying things like " my bad" "Oh well" "whatever" "oops" " you said we would not strike" "Fuck me" and you will be thinking things like " god help me please I am sorry for fucking up AGAIN"- " I should of listened to the IUAW " " wow I guess Ford is not giving in fucking after all" . The picket line will be a very tense and volatile place to be with a divided membership. There will be name calling and possible fights breaking out. The media will record it all and this will make the non union haters smile. This division is just what those down south Republican leaders want. You No voters are the best players on their team. Ok I am going to go now and try something easier like getting my dog to say my name. At least I think that he is paying attention and is trying to understand which is more than most NO voters seam to be able to do. Remember before you do anything big in life ask yourself , "is getting the pleasure of what I will receive from my actions worth the pain that I may have to feel if I am wrong"? This is a good contract FOR THE TIMES that we are living in and it is not worth striking over. THE RISKS OUT WEIGH THE REWARDS. If you still can vote- vote YES. By the way I am sorry if I seem a bit worked up and have hurt anyone with the name calling but I have to support my family and I am just thinking about the worst case senario. You NO voters are gambleing with my money and if you lose so do I.
  • Like 2

I am a production worker at DTP. What do you think that every single one of the Yes voters so far are salary? If we go on strike for a long time and the deal we get is worst than we are being offered now I wonder how many of you short sighted greedy workers will come on this sight and admit that you were wrong.I hope that it does not come down to a strike but if it does the only good thing that I will see about being on the picket is that I can watch the scared and bewildered dumbass faces crying that thought they knew it all. You people act like you own the fucking company. If it was not for Ford motor and the UAW you would not have half of the shit that you have now. You No voters do not want to understand because of your hate driven, I will show the man, greedy short sighted sub human brains. The first things you NO voters will be saying next week if the deal is turned down will be things like " Fuck yea" "we showed them" "HA HA" but if we go on strike you will be saying things like " my bad" "Oh well" "whatever" "oops" " you said we would not strike" "Fuck me" and you will be thinking things like " god help me please I am sorry for fucking up AGAIN"- " I should of listened to the IUAW " " wow I guess Ford is not giving in fucking after all" . The picket line will be a very tense and volatile place to be with a divided membership. There will be name calling and possible fights breaking out. The media will record it all and this will make the non union haters smile. This division is just what those down south Republican leaders want. You No voters are the best players on their team. Ok I am going to go now and try something easier like getting my dog to say my name. At least I think that he is paying attention and is trying to understand which is more than most NO voters seam to be able to do. Remember before you do anything big in life ask yourself , "is getting the pleasure of what I will receive from my actions worth the pain that I may have to feel if I am wrong"? This is a good contract FOR THE TIMES that we are living in and it is not worth striking over. THE RISKS OUT WEIGH THE REWARDS. If you still can vote- vote YES. By the way I am sorry if I seem a bit worked up and have hurt anyone with the name calling but I have to support my family and I am just thinking about the worst case senario. You NO voters are gambleing with my money and if you lose so do I.

whats the mood at DTP?

We are up against a lot of no voting nonsense.

• Like 1

That is pretty scary stuff. But, I guess management would prepare for any scenario.