If I owned the company, I would fire all of you!

duhblow7

Let's say you hire some dudes to mow your grass. They mow it for the season and do a good job. You are paying them more than any of the other mower dudes in the nation. The next year they demand that you give them a raise or they will strike and not mow your lawn. Would you give them a raise or hire some other dudes that mow just as well. Ridiculously easy answer. Get a clue and vote yes....until the wage of our competitor's workforce increases (which it should, but that is our government's fault and is another discussion), then demanding a raise is futile.

• Like 5

Let's say you hire some dudes to mow your grass. They mow it for the season and do a good job. You are paying them more than any of the other mower dudes in the nation. The next year they demand that you give them a raise or they will strike and not mow your lawn. Would you give them a raise or hire some other dudes that mow just as well. Ridiculously easy answer. Get a clue and vote yes....until the wage of our competitor's workforce increases (which it should, but that is our government's fault and is another discussion), then demanding a raise is futile.

And that is a possibility. I don't think many of us have thought it through what would actually happen if this deal is rejected. This isn't a modification in which you have a contract and are making adjustments to it, this is the contract. Nothing to fall back on if it is rejected except a possible strike or lockout. We won't get more back at the table.

• Like 5

And that is a possibility. I don't think many of us have thought it through what would actually happen if this deal is rejected. This isn't a modification in which you have a contract and are making adjustments to it, this is the contract. Nothing to fall back on if it is rejected except a possible strike or lockout. We won't get more back at the table.

Thats how I view it.

• Like 6

The statement is true.

If this agreement is voted down we might as well plan on job losses because of market share losses. The general public and media will kill our jobs with negative reporting and buy from the transplants.

This is a good agreement and the buying public has no sympathy for our $28 per hour jobs with the best benefits and pension.

Our future is at risk with a no vote

• Like 4

The grass mowers want some job security. Some mowers will retire and hopefully some existing mowers can replace the retiring ones but can not get any clarification or something in writing that specifies that opportunity. Also they would like to know where their mowing locations or possibilities will be BEFORE agreeing to a new mowing contract. I would rather work under an old existing contract than agree to something new that is not clearly defined or open ended.

The signing money is just to get people to buy into a new agreement.

I would rather have a little job security or language that shows the direction of things or possibilities.

Ford has been around 100 years. There are those of us that want to be a part of it in the future (at least to retirement). Asking for or being clear about the future is not an unreasonable demand or request. Dangling money in lieu of answering questions or pulling work back to key plants occupied by national negotiators is not the best way to answer questions to all the dues paying rank & file members and trades people really left hanging on this contract.

• Like 5

No one mows just as well.

wow is there a union for grass cutting? the union factor is the difference between this bad analogy and whats going on.

In your "story" did you have a choice in lawn care companies? (If you work at ford you cant just switch auto companies) did you have a contract with the lawn care company? (We do) did half way through the contract did the home owner demand you pay to paint his fence, clean his dog shit, and wash his car for the same price he was paying you? (our concessions) at contract time did the homeowner say he was broke and about to foreclose (Ford) yet his name was in the paper for inheriting millions of dollars? (Mulally)

• Like 6

The grass mowers want some job security. Some mowers will retire and hopefully some existing mowers can replace the retiring ones but can not get any clarification or something in writing that specifies that opportunity. Also they would like to know where their mowing locations or possibilities will be BEFORE agreeing to a new mowing contract. I would rather work under an old existing contract than agree to something new that is not clearly defined or open ended.

I would rather have a little job security or language that shows the direction of things or possibilities.

Ford has been around 100 years. There are those of us that want to be a part of it in the future (at least to retirement). Asking for or being clear about the future is not an unreasonable demand or request. Dangling money in lieu of answering questions or pulling work back to key plants occupied by national negotiators is not the best way to answer questions to all the dues paying rank & file members and trades people really left hanging on this contract.

guess who the company,contract and seniority labor is in this video.

• Like 1

Ford has been around 100 years. There are those of us that want to be a part of it in the future (at least to retirement). Asking for or being clear about the future is not an unreasonable demand or request. Dangling money in lieu of answering questions or pulling work back to key plants occupied by national negotiators is not the best way to answer questions to all the dues rank & file members and trades people really left hanging on this contract.

Billions in investment = Hanging?? I'm playing poker (tryin to make money) but I'm going to show all my cards... Not going to happen, Ford spelled out investment, should we get their business plan in stone.... it's market driven! Can things change? Yes, but barring another economy melt down... this is our intentions... Should we tell our competitors exactly what where when how.... What's the grass mowing payin in Texas after this years drought, again Market Driven.....It's a good contract

• Like 2

yes they get a raise, but they must agree that i can hire some workers at half the wage i pay them.

• Like 2

I agree but because of the fact that we are voting as a team even the workers that are ok with the contract will suffer. If a strike happens the tension will be very high on the picket line. The odds of verbal and even physical fights breaking out will be good. The media is going to have a field day putting us on camera like a dying and endangered species. No one outside of the No voters circle will take sides with the picketers. The general public is going to love watching us divide. If the strike lasts more than a few weeks workers will feel the financial pressure and will give in to even a worst deal. This could turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes a NO voter has ever made and unfortunately the Yes voters will have to feel the the pain when the company starts the punishment. I hope that things do not get as this far but could it go down like this?

Edited by sez
  • Like 3

wow is there a union for grass cutting? the union factor is the difference between this bad analogy and whats going on.

In your "story" did you have a choice in lawn care companies? (If you work at ford you cant just switch auto companies) did you have a contract with the lawn care company? (We do) did half way through the contract did the home owner demand you pay to paint his fence, clean his dog shit, and wash his car for the same price he was paying you? (our concessions) at contract time did the homeowner say he was broke and about to foreclose (Ford) yet his name was in the paper for inheriting millions of dollars? (Mulally)

thank you for your reply--this idiot is comparing apple to oranges--he must be a company man!!!! his analogy is just as dumb as people voting yes!!!!!

• Like 2

illegal mexiacan from Mexico they cut my grass real cheap ,now they want a raise because they can feed themselves and sent money to the family in mexico so they can eat u fire them hire another one without a job and cycle starts all over again just like the new hires here ,big ceo big bonus ,Iuaw 2 pension one from ford and one from our union dues ,same with thier healthcare ,wait until Obama care kicks and watch 3.50 raise go towards healthcare plana bout 200 a month in 2013 right after the election so raise will be use to paid for Obama care.LMAO u need hires r be taken as a sucker.

Vote No I did LTS rule .

Edited by itsmeuaw

Billions in investment = Hanging?? I'm playing poker (tryin to make money) but I'm going to show all my cards... Not going to happen, Ford spelled out investment, should we get their business plan in stone.... it's market driven! Can things change? Yes, but barring another economy melt down... this is our intentions... Should we tell our competitors exactly what where when how.... What's the grass mowing payin in Texas after this years drought, again Market Driven.....It's a good contract

If you think its good then good for you (pun intended).

Its not your opinion I laugh at. Its all the new posters with maybe a dozen posts to their profile all saying how great this contract is and bumping threads that urge people to vote YES!!!!!! That's a serious weak try to sway support but it likely works on some.

Everyone should read it themselves and ask questions and decide for themselves.

For any tradesman its a bad language contract.

• Like 2

thank you for your reply--this idiot is comparing apple to oranges--he must be a company man!!!! his analogy is just as dumb as people voting yes!!!!!

I agree ,if your grandfather when on strike to get the wages we got now ,lets show them respect and at least have balls to get back what we gave up and some even died for these beneifits u given up in 2007 contract.

• Like 1

I agree ,if your grandfather when on strike to get the wages we got now ,lets show them respect and at least have balls to get back what we gave up and some even died for these beneifits u given up in 2007 contract.

Most "dudes" that cut grass aren't even legal U.S. citizens. They won't complain about their pay due to the fear of being deported.

The deal we will get if it passes is better than or rivals. The company will not roll over easily. All of the other workers in other companies that went on strike in the past did it because they were trying to fight big cuts. Maybe we can just vote not to have a union at all since we can not trust them to look out for the best interest of the entire membership and see then how much we will lose whithout them in our corner. The lack of disrespect that some of you NO voters have for the ones that are doing their best during these terrible ecomomical times is disgusting to me and more importantly the general American BUYING public. Stop risking my fucking finances. VOTE YES WITH YOUR NOSE CLOSED AND TAKE THE EASY MONEY AND GO GAMBLE IT AND LOSE IT IF YOU WANT BUT DO NOT GAMBLE WITH MY MONEY . I do not need to learn from your mistake. Right now it seams to be a 50/50 division. Like yin and yang, good and evil, light or dark what side are you on? The only ones that agree with the NO voters are the NO voters. The rest of the majority of Americans will be outraged and even if some of you NO people change your position it will be to late. The whole idea of turning this contract down when unemployment is so high would be laughable to me if I was not going to have to feel the dire consequences that COULD result from a NO vote outcome. At this time the RISKS OUT WEIGH THE REWARDS. By the way if the deals passes I do not think that most of the No voters will bummed out to much when they buy something with the signing bonus easy money that the Yes voters helped them get. Just sayin.

• Like 3

The deal we will get if it passes is better than or rivals. The company will not roll over easily. All of the other workers in other companies that went on strike in the past did it because they were trying to fight big cuts. Maybe we can just vote not to have a union at all since we can not trust them to look out for the best interest of the entire membership and see then how much we will lose whithout them in our corner. The lack of disrespect that some of you NO voters have for the ones that are doing their best during these terrible ecomomical times is disgusting to me and more importantly the general American BUYING public. Stop risking my fucking finances. VOTE YES WITH YOUR NOSE CLOSED AND TAKE THE EASY MONEY AND GO GAMBLE IT AND LOSE IT IF YOU WANT BUT DO NOT GAMBLE WITH MY MONEY . I do not need to learn from your mistake. Right now it seams to be a 50/50 division. Like yin and yang, good and evil, light or dark what side are you on? The only ones that agree with the NO voters are the NO voters. The rest of the majority of Americans will be outraged and even if some of you NO people change your position it will be to late. The whole idea of turning this contract down when unemployment is so high would be laughable to me if I was not going to have to feel the dire consequences that COULD result from a NO vote outcome. At this time the RISKS OUT WEIGH THE REWARDS. By the way if the deals passes I do not think that most of the No voters will bummed out to much when they buy something with the signing bonus easy money that the Yes voters helped them get. Just sayin.

Without a union wouldnt the company want to be like the transplants? according to some people the transplants have it just as good as us without a union right?

• Like 1

Yeah, and if I was your father , i would cut my sack off for giving birth to a punk that dont stand up for the very things people gave their lives up to aquire for us...sorry ass non union scab

• Like 1

Yeah, and if I was your father , i would cut my sack off for giving birth to a punk that dont stand up for the very things people gave their lives up to aquire for us...sorry ass non union scab

Really? People died at the bargaining table? News to me! Maybe you'd like the contract Chrysler is about to get! Wake up!

Really? People died at the bargaining table? News to me! Maybe you'd like the contract Chrysler is about to get! Wake up!

Read your history books, do you think these benefits, wages, concessions were given at the bargaining table over the last 60 years. That no one sacraficed their health, family ..even lives for this? Probably is news to you...go lay down in the corner of your room and let the grown ups take care of this.

• Like 2

Either you're playing dumb or don't know the history of the UAW.

And I bet if we were given Chryslers contract to vote on, you still would vote yes if they told you it was the best you were going to get.