UAW Ford forgot about the retirees in this contract!!

broke&retired

I was shocked to discover that the new contract includes NOTHING at all for the retired members. All the men and women who layed the groundwork over the years

with their hard work and sacrifice have been thrown to the curb with this new contract!! Many of us count heavily on the small lump sum bonus in December to help

with Christmas and end of year bills and for the next four years we have been left with nothing from our UAW Representatives. I am so ashamed of our bargaining

unit for their careless disregard for the members who helped make the UAW what it is today.

• Like 3

I was shocked to discover that the new contract includes NOTHING at all for the retired members. All the men and women who layed the groundwork over the years

with their hard work and sacrifice have been thrown to the curb with this new contract!! Many of us count heavily on the small lump sum bonus in December to help

with Christmas and end of year bills and for the next four years we have been left with nothing from our UAW Representatives. I am so ashamed of our bargaining

unit for their careless disregard for the members who helped make the UAW what it is today.

And believe me there are many of us that are disgusted with that also!.My Father is a retiree,and i as many others will agree we appreciate all that you all have done for us..... Truly.

• Like 2

Not true, the only gain given to the retirees is one of the biggest issues active workers have with this contract.

10% of the profit sharing going to ensure VEBA can maintain benefit levels, and that along with COLA and no traditional pay wage increase are the biggest gripes I hear about this contract.

Not true, the only gain given to the retirees is one of the biggest issues active workers have with this contract.

10% of the profit sharing going to ensure VEBA can maintain benefit levels, and that along with COLA and no traditional pay wage increase are the biggest gripes I hear about this contract.

Do you plan on retiring....do you want health benefits...they must be funded...nothing is free...our union is now in control of this benefit and feels you should pay for it...you got a problem with that? Talk to a current retiree and he'll tell you about broken promises from our union.

• Like 1

Seems to me that those of us who have worked 35 years or so earned the benefits that the active members now cry about having to finance. Your day will come... We supported the retirees before us and now have to hear the whining of some spoiled members who dont appreciate the sacrifices made by those who came before them.

• Like 2

How can we expect active employees to agree to a contract they're not happy with if the retirees aren't willing to give a little? The active employees are faced with a questionable contract that many are considering signing for the common good. We need to help.

You seem to forget that the retirees gave MANY times during their years as active members!! Many times!!! They fought for the benefits you enjoy today!!!! Look at the union now--check out how much they are getting with this.My understanding is that they get double retirements!!! Is that fair to anyone?!?!?! Remember the ones who fought for us---REMEMBER them and fight for them the way they fought for you!!!! You better hope someone is behind us to fight for us too!!!!

You seem to forget that the retirees gave MANY times during their years as active members!! Many times!!! They fought for the benefits you enjoy today!!!! Look at the union now--check out how much they are getting with this.My understanding is that they get double retirements!!! Is that fair to anyone?!?!?! Remember the ones who fought for us---REMEMBER them and fight for them the way they fought for you!!!! You better hope someone is behind us to fight for us too!!!!

I'm not forgetting a darned thing. I've been retired for 3 1/2 years after putting in 40 years at Ford in assembly. and later as a tradesman. I'm hoping active employees will look at the big picture and do what's necessary to get every Ford worker recalled and every tradesperson back on his/her tools.That means some people are going to have to vote yes on something they probably find a little distasteful...but for the greater good. If all I have to give up is a "Christmas" bonus that's a small price to pay to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. I do appreciate that the thoughts of some of you are with the retirees and i want to say "Thanks for your support".

Edited by povertyknob
  • Like 2

I am sick sick sick hearing about the retirees and what you fought for, you fought for yourself, you wasnt thinking about the new workers that can after you, anyway the last strike was in 1976 that is 35 years ago , so it wasnt to much fighting in 35 years. And you want us to strike so you can get $600, be or real, If you need more money come back to work I will retrain you on my job

I am sick sick sick hearing about the retirees and what you fought for, you fought for yourself, you wasnt thinking about the new workers that can after you, anyway the last strike was in 1976 that is 35 years ago , so it wasnt to much fighting in 35 years. And you want us to strike so you can get $600, be or real, If you need more money come back to work I will retrain you on my job

Yeah dipshit I remember the strike of 1976.....I was out on the picket line collecting $50 a week strike pay and trying to support my family. YOU my friend are a union member

in name only. True union men and women care about all of our members, atctive and retired. You have no clue what it means to be a true union member.

• Like 1

Yeah dipshit I remember the strike of 1976.....I was out on the picket line collecting $50 a week strike pay and trying to support my family. YOU my friend are a union member

in name only. True union men and women care about all of our members, atctive and retired. You have no clue what it means to be a true union member.

Great post!....so true

• Like 1

The $100,000 and $50,000 grand bonuses to encourage retirement is nice.Once you are retired you get social security and Ford pension and VEBA and medicare.You knew the score.Once you are retireed you are done and must assume responsibility for yourself.You guys are getting 10% of profit sharing put into VEBA.Life is short and money is not everything.Have breakfast at a Coney Island every morning.Breathe easy,relax,dont worry,hop in the car and drive to Arizona.

The $100,000 and $50,000 grand bonuses to encourage retirement is nice.Once you are retired you get social security and Ford pension and VEBA and medicare.You knew the score.Once you are retireed you are done and must assume responsibility for yourself.You guys are getting 10% of profit sharing put into VEBA.Life is short and money is not everything.Have breakfast at a Coney Island every morning.Breathe easy,relax,dont worry,hop in the car and drive to Arizona.

What a sick comment to a retiree, which is me also.

• Like 1

What a sick comment to a retiree, which is me also.

Whats sick about it?No wait,,,I dont give a crap you cranky old bastard!Go to bed for 12 hours!How many years did you have to make money?What more do you want now?

Edited by Fatso