2013 pics?

Kona5.0Pilot

I remember when the "spy shots" of what seemed to be a 2013 Mustang came out a couple months ago (article linked below). Just curious if there have been any more recent sitings of next years Mustang line...GT, Boss, or Shelby?

Article here: http://motorcitymusc...g-2013-mustang/

I hope Ford updates the IP and Center Stack for 2013.

Edited by mettech

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm that the current instrumentation cluster will be replaced in 2013 Mustang? Someone told me Ford is replacing it with a screen similar to the new Edge and Explorer.

Couldn't say. But if they do update the gauges to a digital setup, I hope it's not identical to the Explorer/Edge. They are okay in style, but not overall appealing. If they do make one, hope it's unique to the Stang.

Can anyone confirm that the current instrumentation cluster will be replaced in 2013 Mustang? Someone told me Ford is replacing it with a screen similar to the new Edge and Explorer.

There was a report recently about the instrument cluster being updated with a 4.2" video screen like other models but I don't remember the source although it was probably AutoBlog.com. The 2013 Mustang mid-cycle update is probably intended to prepare the market for the all-new, next generation Mustang series but I'm cautious in getting excited about an instrument cluster update that might not include the guages that traditional Mustang owners are used to. If Ford's updating the instrument cluster, it's very possible that the center stack will also be updated as the two are closely related.

From the new spy photos shown today at AutoBlog.com, my biggest concern is with the revised tail lights and whether the 2013 Mustang will continue using the sequential turn signals. In my opinion, the sequential turn signals should become a "signature" Mustang feature.

From the new spy photos shown today at AutoBlog.com, my biggest concern is with the revised tail lights and whether the 2013 Mustang will continue using the sequential turn signals. In my opinion, the sequential turn signals should become a "signature" Mustang feature.

I lkie the turn signals too... I would hope it would be used on most Fords. I believe it was first used on the T-bird...

T-bird..... Anyone at Ford working on this?

There was a report recently about the instrument cluster being updated with a 4.2" video screen like other models but I don't remember the source although it was probably AutoBlog.com. The 2013 Mustang mid-cycle update is probably intended to prepare the market for the all-new, next generation Mustang series but I'm cautious in getting excited about an instrument cluster update that might not include the guages that traditional Mustang owners are used to. If Ford's updating the instrument cluster, it's very possible that the center stack will also be updated as the two are closely related.

I agree with you on the tail lights. That is a neat feature and should be retained. I loved it on the original Cougar. I see you work at a dealer. Could you tell me when the last 2012 orders will be taken for Mustangs and Fusions? Thanks!

I agree with you on the tail lights. That is a neat feature and should be retained. I loved it on the original Cougar. I see you work at a dealer. Could you tell me when the last 2012 orders will be taken for Mustangs and Fusions? Thanks!

According to Friday's (11/04/2011) Fleet Distribution News Bulletin final orders for the 2012 Mustang are due by 12/09/2011. The 2013MY Mustang Order Bank will open on 12/05/2011 with scheduling starting on 01/26/2012 and the Job #1 Date listed as 02/27/2012. Final order dates are considered estimates as commodity issues at the end of the Model Year can cause models, features and options to become exhausted prior to the order bank close.

The timetable information for the 2012 Fusion balance out and 2013 Fusion Order Bank, etc has not yet been released.

According to Friday's (11/04/2011) Fleet Distribution News Bulletin final orders for the 2012 Mustang are due by 12/09/2011. The 2013MY Mustang Order Bank will open on 12/05/2011 with scheduling starting on 01/26/2012 and the Job #1 Date listed as 02/27/2012. Final order dates are considered estimates as commodity issues at the end of the Model Year can cause models, features and options to become exhausted prior to the order bank close.

The timetable information for the 2012 Fusion balance out and 2013 Fusion Order Bank, etc has not yet been released.

Thanks for the quick response ice-capades. I see you have a 2012. Have you seen the 2013? Would you advise waiting for it? Or should I pull the trigger and go order a 2012 in the next couple of weeks? It would probably take 8-12 wseeks before I had the car. Correct? So we are looking around late Feb early March as a possible delivery date.

Thought about a 2012 Fusion as well. Heard the 2013s will not have any V6 and my other car I am considering was a 2012 Fusion Sport AWD. The AWD is the only reason why I may pick it over Mustang V6 as I live on Long Island. Last two winters my '06 Pony Package was confined to its stable.. LOL!

Edited by Stang65

Thanks for the quick response ice-capades. I see you have a 2012. Have you seen the 2013? Would you advise waiting for it? Or should I pull the trigger and go order a 2012 in the next couple of weeks? It would probably take 8-12 wseeks before I had the car. Correct? So we are looking around late Feb early March as a possible delivery date.

Thought about a 2012 Fusion as well. Heard the 2013s will not have any V6 and my other car I am considering was a 2012 Fusion Sport AWD. The AWD is the only reason why I may pick it over Mustang V6 as I live on Long Island. Last two winters my '06 Pony Package was confined to its stable.. LOL!

I haven't seen the 2013 Mustang other than the spy photos that have been shown on AutoBlog.com recently. There were photos posted yesterday of what the 2013 Mustang V6 should look like. It shouldn't take 8-12 weeks to get a 2012 Mustang as I got a 2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe scheduled on 09/29/2011 and the car is due here at the dealership in the next few days. Even if you're thinking of buying a 2012 Mustang V6, the earlier you order the better chance you have of getting the options you want, as commodities often balance out ahead of time for options that are in high demand.

I haven't heard much yet about the 2013 Fusion series other than our Dealer Principal's reaction when he was shown the car at a special Ford meeting last May. There's the usual talk and speculation about features, etc. on the Fusion message board here but until I see the official 2013 Fusion Order Guide or statement from Ford it's hard to tell. If they going to drop the V6 option from the 2013 Fusion then it'll certainly be replaced by an EcoBoost. As there's no released timetable yet for the 2012/2013 Fusion changeover, I don't expect the 2013 to start production until late Spring if then. They may very well do the changeover in the traditional Summer period after the annual July vacation shut down.

I haven't seen the 2013 Mustang other than the spy photos that have been shown on AutoBlog.com recently. There were photos posted yesterday of what the 2013 Mustang V6 should look like. It shouldn't take 8-12 weeks to get a 2012 Mustang as I got a 2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe scheduled on 09/29/2011 and the car is due here at the dealership in the next few days. Even if you're thinking of buying a 2012 Mustang V6, the earlier you order the better chance you have of getting the options you want, as commodities often balance out ahead of time for options that are in high demand.

I haven't heard much yet about the 2013 Fusion series other than our Dealer Principal's reaction when he was shown the car at a special Ford meeting last May. There's the usual talk and speculation about features, etc. on the Fusion message board here but until I see the official 2013 Fusion Order Guide or statement from Ford it's hard to tell. If they going to drop the V6 option from the 2013 Fusion then it'll certainly be replaced by an EcoBoost. As there's no released timetable yet for the 2012/2013 Fusion changeover, I don't expect the 2013 to start production until late Spring if then. They may very well do the changeover in the traditional Summer period after the annual July vacation shut down.

Thanks again for the advice. I just checked AutoBlog.com and it would appear that the 2013 V6 looks pretty close to the 2012. My only concern with the 2013 lies with will their still be a Pony Package (love the grill treatment on that) and is the instrumentation still going to be the same as the 2012. I love the retro like gauges the 2012 has but I heard that the 2013 is supposed to have a small screen added to it?

As for a Fusion the 2012 Sport AWD is my alternative to 2013 V6. The car would be my main daily driver. My idea was to order in February or whatever would allow me to have the car by April. So Just have to decide which vehicle. I know the 2013 Mustang would be the more exciting one to drive. The 2012 Fusion Sport AWD would be also fun but would be driveable in all kinds of weather. Is your GT going to be a daily driver or a "fun" car for you?

Thanks again for the advice. I just checked AutoBlog.com and it would appear that the 2013 V6 looks pretty close to the 2012. My only concern with the 2013 lies with will their still be a Pony Package (love the grill treatment on that) and is the instrumentation still going to be the same as the 2012. I love the retro like gauges the 2012 has but I heard that the 2013 is supposed to have a small screen added to it?

As for a Fusion the 2012 Sport AWD is my alternative to 2013 V6. The car would be my main daily driver. My idea was to order in February or whatever would allow me to have the car by April. So Just have to decide which vehicle. I know the 2013 Mustang would be the more exciting one to drive. The 2012 Fusion Sport AWD would be also fun but would be driveable in all kinds of weather. Is your GT going to be a daily driver or a "fun" car for you?

I would certainly expect Ford to continue to offer the "Pony" package on the 2013 Mustang V6 as our dealership has sold no V6 Mustangs in years without it. Regarding the instrumentation updates for the 2013 Model Year, I did see a report somewhere about Ford updating the instrument cluster with a 4.2" LCD video screen for the 2013 MY. It's hard for me to imagine a Mustang without the full "Retro" style guages so I'm cautiously optimistic about any updated changes and hoping that whatever changes Ford does make will still reflect the Mustang heritage. As the 2013 Mustang is a "Mid-Cycle" update to the all-new, next generation, non-retro 2015 Mustang series, any instrumentation changes for the 2013MY may very well be a way to prepare the market for the all-new, next generation in 2 years.

Most likely, if the all-new 2013 Fusion were to be available in April they would already have published the 2012/2013 changeover timetable. That's why I wrote earlier that I think that it may not happen until the Summer..

It's always hard to provide enthusiasts like yourself with the information you're looking for. Do I buy this year's model or wait and order next year's version before next year's information is released. If you wait too long, the features/options you want on the current model may get "balanced out" and not available and if you decide to wait for next year's model, you may not like the changes, etc.

FYI... My 2012 Mustang GT is a company car that I drive 99% of the time. I'm the only employee that drives a Mustang which is a perk considering that I've managed the Dealership's new vehicle inventory for 25 years... I order all the stock and retail inventory, etc. I've driven Mustang GT's about 95% of the time and when we've been out of stock, the Dealer Principal has bought Mustangs from other dealerships for me to drive. I live close to the Dealership but have to navigate large hills no matter which way I head home. Even so, it's rare that I don't drive my Mustang demo.

Hope this information helps!

Joey

I would certainly expect Ford to continue to offer the "Pony" package on the 2013 Mustang V6 as our dealership has sold no V6 Mustangs in years without it. Regarding the instrumentation updates for the 2013 Model Year, I did see a report somewhere about Ford updating the instrument cluster with a 4.2" LCD video screen for the 2013 MY. It's hard for me to imagine a Mustang without the full "Retro" style guages so I'm cautiously optimistic about any updated changes and hoping that whatever changes Ford does make will still reflect the Mustang heritage. As the 2013 Mustang is a "Mid-Cycle" update to the all-new, next generation, non-retro 2015 Mustang series, any instrumentation changes for the 2013MY may very well be a way to prepare the market for the all-new, next generation in 2 years.

Most likely, if the all-new 2013 Fusion were to be available in April they would already have published the 2012/2013 changeover timetable. That's why I wrote earlier that I think that it may not happen until the Summer..

It's always hard to provide enthusiasts like yourself with the information you're looking for. Do I buy this year's model or wait and order next year's version before next year's information is released. If you wait too long, the features/options you want on the current model may get "balanced out" and not available and if you decide to wait for next year's model, you may not like the changes, etc.

FYI... My 2012 Mustang GT is a company car that I drive 99% of the time. I'm the only employee that drives a Mustang which is a perk considering that I've managed the Dealership's new vehicle inventory for 25 years... I order all the stock and retail inventory, etc. I've driven Mustang GT's about 95% of the time and when we've been out of stock, the Dealer Principal has bought Mustangs from other dealerships for me to drive. I live close to the Dealership but have to navigate large hills no matter which way I head home. Even so, it's rare that I don't drive my Mustang demo.

Joey

What a great perk you have Joey! That is pretty awesome that you are able to do that.

Thanks so much for all the info. I have had a hard time getting any type of answers from the local Ford dealers near me.

As I have to wait until Jan/Feb I am going to have to either order a 2013 V6 (Pony Package) or a 2012 Fusion Sport. I have a feeling another "Pony" will be parked in my garage next year. My gut tells me I will regret it if I do not buy a Mustang before the change over to the new model which is probably being geared more to the under 30 crowd than me.

Edited by Stang65

Joey

I just checked out the pics of the 2013. I like the updates/changes they have made. I will be ordering one of these as soon as I can!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well the front side of mustang is looking very good. but the rear side is not much pretty. Anyhow over all the car is looking good. But I feel that the ford have launch a new model with few changing. I like more the previous model. I got this photos by google search. You can see guys its below here,,,

2013-shelby-gt500-la.jpg