MFT Update Reviewed

It's also a "stupid comparison" to mention UConnect and MFT in the same breath. SYNC and UConnect, sure. But MFT and UConnect? No.

And nobody here denies that there were issues at launch, but most have been fixed with the patches, and the rewritten software looks to be superb.

When you ride the leading edge of technology, you take a risk. The MyFord Touch system had a bad launch, but is currently the most comprehensive system of its kind. UConnect is Chrysler's response to technology that Ford had in 2007.

Humor me, what does MFT do that Uconnect 8.4 can't do?

I have a Charger R/T with the latest and greatest 8.4 Uconnect. The thing it does that MFT doesn't do is work. You guys can't deny MFT's problems. It single handily killed Ford's quality ratings with CR and JD Power. It's so bad, Ford rewrote the software for 2013.

But you don't have to buy MFT - you can still get just Sync which IS exactly comparable. What is it about UConnect that is better than Sync?

Nothing. And it's 3 years late.

Humor me, what does MFT do that Uconnect 8.4 can't do?

Well, according to Chrysler Groups "UConnect" page, it reads like Ford's SYNC system from 2007...

With voice-activation technology, touch screen capability, and steering wheel controls, Uconnect allows you to effortlessly manage music, travel destinations, phone, and vehicle settings. Even enjoy SiriusXM satellite programming including over 130 channels of radio and real-time traffic.

LINK - Chrysler Group, LLC

Now, by looking on the individual brand's websites, I see that the most recent version can do climate control, too. I wasn't aware of that. I'd like to see a more detailed breakdown of what each system does before I put my foot in my mouth again. :shades:

Is the Chrysler navigation software ripped off of Tomtom? Not exactly a premium looking experience...