Another What If?

fmccap

"Military personnel are all over the world and have first hand knowledge of what goes on in these countries, and can deal with these crises that arise in these areas. It's pretty apparant that what's been going on lately around the world, you need someone with experience in foriegn affairs/policy to deal with this." ~ Bored of Pisteon

at the top of the page. Remember? All the way back yesterday?

I have expressed my view of our military many times before. I have nothing but respect, admiration, and gratitude for their service, their courage, and their sacrifice. I have friends and family members in the military - like most of you - some who have seen horrible things, an uncle who lost his life fighting for this country, so stifle your exaggerated indignation. My point is that military service does not automatically confer deep knowledge about other countries or the world in general - as Bored seems to feel it does - and that there are many other ways to gain this knowledge. Military service does not prevent one from knowing the world either - which my post may have implied, and for that I apologize. I let my sarcasm get away with me.

As a VFW I do not feel that my indignation was exaggerated, I was offended by your remark.

• Like 2

As a VFW I do not feel that my indignation was exaggerated, I was offended by your remark.

napfirst, I respect and thank you for your service (no sarcasm, no cynicism). I apologize for wording my post in a way that suggested that military experience would necessarily be inferior to any other kind of experience (academic, business, cultural) in giving one an understanding of other countries, or of the world. That is not my belief at all. In all those cases, it is up to the individual what they make of the experience - I have known thoughtful and intelligent individuals from each of those walks. A fellow Architect and Japan expert here in Seattle came at his experience of that country first through his military service and carried it through into a successful career in civilian life, where he is an acknowledged expert. I have also known people in military, academic, and business settings who spent their whole time abroad "in their own private Idaho" - and I'm sure you have too. So I was taking issue with Bored's apparent assertion that military service is a prerequisite to understanding International affairs. At any rate, I apologize for offending you. The post was poorly worded and ill-considered. I took it down.

Edited by retro-man
  • Like 3

So I guess you won't be voting for Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum as none of them ever served in the military and are DISQUALIFIED by your definition. Mitt and Newt avoided service in Vietnam through deferments eventhough they both supported the war. Santorum and Obama came of age after the draft and did not volunteer.

I think this slogan would be appropiate this year...

329853_f520.jpg

NONE OF THE ABOVE

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What if------------->Obama lets the Bush tax cuts lapse along with all the other tax breaks we enjoy now? How many of you are going to be hosed when it is not an election year, lol. I know it is hard for him and his friends to work on a budget, but after all this time, you would think they could come up with something to put their signature on, don't ya! They don't even give us a choice. You either accept what the GOP comes up with, or accept the black hole in space, lol.

• Like 1

you would think they
(him and his friends)
could come up with something to put their signature on

Why are you arguing that they have passed a budget when it is simply not true? Ed probably doesn't know the process, being Canadian...

Congress has the legal responsibility to pass an annual budget, and the president’s budget holds no legal authority.

Yet Congress has not passed a concurrent budget resolution in more than 1,000 days and counting.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72788.html#ixzz1sADktgWv

ok, ok, I admit it, Obama did put forth a budget to be voted on..........I just didn't want to bring it up and upset Daddy since it got.........are you ready.......0.......let me spell that for you ZERO votes, lololol. But if you insist on me saying something about it when I purposely avoided it in an attempt to keep you relaxed, so be it!

By the way, while I don't take alot of stock in Gallup polling, they took their 1st one today of many. Seems it has Romney ahead by 2 points. So much for that feeble attempt with the war on women-)

• Like 1

LMAO.

The old "i meant to do that" bit. Ring the old bit siren.

Your funny Imma.

Hey, I was just trying to comment how over a 1000 days without a budget could be record! I understand that Obama did his best to present a budget. It is understandable that those evil conservatives would vote no, cause they are always trying to make him look bad in the world according to many of his constituents. What I don't get is why his own party threw him under the bus and unanimously turned him down :headscratch:

And then we have his old paladin, Mr Barney Frank; who now claims he counseled Mr Obama not to try and do healthcare, and a bunch of your guys are now jumping on board that one!

Are all of us evil ones now to believe that Mr Obamas SIGNATURE legislation was not wanted even by his own compadres? What happened to we gotta pass it so we can find out what's in it?

If this keeps up, Mr Obamas re-election campaign will have to be renamed the :titanic: long before November.

Yesterday, Gallup had Romney up by 2pts. Today it is by 5. Close to the margin of error for sure, but 1 thing that was telling------------>both partys had a 90% stay rate, which means only 10% MIGHT defect to the other side. But, Mr Romney was ahead of Obama by 6pts with the independents, eventhough 70% of everyone liked Obama as a person. 6pts, is alot, since the independents are who is gonna win this election for one side or the other, and since 64% of America thinks he has us going in the wrong direction, I would say just being likable isn't going to cut it.

Maybe if he made a budget he could pass at least through his own people, his numbers would rise :stirpot:

If you can run 3 1/2 years without a budget why not make it an even 4 or perhaps until those seats are up for election?

They could use Pelosi's sales pitch of "You have to vote for the budged to actually see whats in the budget" .

Career politician and career idiot.

Lol. You the kettle or the pot? I noticed that you only like to pull drive-by's anymore. 8 days and counting on Sheriff Joe thread.

I like these threads better. Sheriff Joe isn't running for President, Obama and Romney are. If sheriff Joe is a crook who bends the rules to fit his ideology, then he needs to be removed, just as any politician does. I won't stick up for crooks who mislead the people, even if they are from my own party. Will you!

If you lived here, you would have a much better understanding of the local politics that Sherrif Joe is certainly a part of...

Arizona is caught in the cross hairs of a political battle that really doesn't have much to do with the real situation in this state. Janet Napolitano was the governor here, she resigned to join the Obama administration just in time to avoid the massive collapse of the state budget. The Lt. Governor took over when JN bailed, this was supposed to end in disater to make JN look good, and to set the stage for a new Democrat governor. This plan failed completely, as SB1070 turned the new Gov into a hero. Then there is the Fast and Furious gun running scandal. Badges, we don't need no stinking badges.... And if all that was not enough, remember, McCain is an Arizona Senetor and Palin has a summer house here. I keep expecting to see B-52's making bomb runs...

Edited by xr7g428

So i should expect to see crooked bigoted republicans re-elected is what your saying? Cool. Now that you made it clear then I understand.

Yes, they they are better than the incompetent democrats.

And i did live there. In Tempe.

And your parting increased the average IQ in both states.

Yes, they they are better than the incompetent democrats.

And your parting increased the average IQ in both states.

XR, it wasn't long ago that you (I believe) told me Romney didn't have a chance, and to concentrate on more local elections. I believe you under estimated the fury of the American public, and just the pols alone bear this out, before Romney has even slightly attacked the Presidents economic policys.

I would go through the pol numbers for the last 2yrs, but that would just bore anyone.

The truth is--------->America by all numbers; has been waiting for a reason to vote AGAINST Obama. All of these things coming to light now has pushed the pols to where Obama is already losing, and the GOP hasn't really had to spend a dime. More is also coming, lol.

So then, if you want to ridicule someone, the best bet is to call them a liberal/ eco freak/fairness expert.................because I have a feeling......a billion bucks or no for the campaign.........after November, being called a liberal democrat and an Obama supporter will be poison!

Hey, I am having chicken, POODLE soup for dinner. Wanna join me-)

Dad and Ed, please show where those budgets were passed by the House and Senate, and became law. You know, signed into law?

Here's the Budget that was passed and signed into law for fiscal years 2012 and 2013. The lie that the Democrats didn't produce a budget for 1,000 days was debunked by the passage of this LAW which is binding, unlike a Budget Resolution which is not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_Control_Act_of_2011

I don't believe that is an actual budget...judging by the description of the legislation, it provides an outline for future budgets (spending limits, debt reduction schedule, etc.), but is not the same thing as an actual budget document.

That is correct! When Obama put forth a budget, it was unanimously turned down by everyone on both sides of the aisle. It is all coming home to roost for our liberal minded friends now, and all they can do is spin a dog on a roof in a kennel that was sick; and then forget to check out that Obama had POODLE soup in his past.

They are on the run. Wouldn't be so bad for them if there was somewhere to hide, but there is not.

As long as we talk about Obamas record and not made up nonsense, or things put forth for the purpose to distract, he hasn't a chance in hell.....and the numbers are going to begin to snowball. And what makes it even better is---------->all the libs on here know it-)

Edited by Imawhosure

Mark, Please.... The budget resolution is binding on Congress. It establishes the basis for the individual appropriations bills which then do become law if the President signs them. To call a continuing resolution a budget is a real stretch. You might want to review the effect that this law has had on the process. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Budget_and_Impoundment_Control_Act_of_1974

As long as we talk about Obamas record and not made up nonsense, or things put forth for the purpose to distract, he hasn't a chance in hell.....and the numbers are going to begin to snowball. And what makes it even better is---------->all the libs on here know it-)

Obama is running a campaign devoted to misdirection and inuendo. Obama ran a great campaign last time but this one will be very, very, different. Don't expect to heart much about hope or change. This time, Obama has to scare people into believing they need to hide under his skirt for protction from the evil that lurks outside. He will race bait, to secure the black vote. He will bait women with phony attempts to threaten their access to birth control. He will bait he hispanics with threats of round ups and mass deportation. He will bait the gay and lesbian population with fears of religious persecution. He will try to create class wars over taxation and envy. He will find every way imaginable to dive the population from our common interests, by focusing on our differences. It has already started, and the main stream media are lapping it up like little dogs. It will keep us tuned in a arguing amongst ourselves.

Obama is running a campaign devoted to misdirection and inuendo.

Please supply examples of "misdirection and inuendo (sic)".

AFAIK, Obama hasn't really used any innuendo, because it's only been in the last 10 days or so that the Goppers have offed Ricky for Mitt, so the Obama innuendo really hasn't had a chance to start up yet, because they haven't known which chimp the Goppers will settle on.

Now that they know that it's Mitt, I'm sure the innuendo will get into high gear. Then again, what is innuendo to some, is the truth to others. :)

Dad, it was a compliment actually. You chose to self-deport, and we are all better off for it. I am sure that you are much happier where ever you might be.

Everyone brings joy to the state of Arizona, some when they arrive and others when they leave.

Please supply examples of "misdirection and inuendo (sic)".

Ed is your view really just this simple: Republicans = bad, Democrats = good? If that's all you've got to say, we've heard you already.

Now, since you asked for examples.

Start with the Buffett Rule. Although this would effect only a very small number of people, and make a very very small dent in the deficit, he continues to use this as a wedge issue to drive the class war division.

Next up, the ruling that Catholics have to provide birth control for employees. The number of people effected is miniscule. Who really thinks that providing free contraceptives to law students is a national priority? All this was about was framing the converstaion about the war on women.

And the inuendo is somethimes more subtle (stupid too): THe tweet of a picture of Obama letting his dog ride in the front set of his car with the caption: This is how animal lovers transport thier pets. Dog lovers for Obama?

Seriously?

And somethimes it backfires: "Mit's wife never worked a day in her life". I guess this attempt to go for the two pointer (class war plus war on working women) didn't go over so well...

And the Republicans will roll in the mud right along with them. Hence we have Republicans talking about Obama the dog eater... (I don't use emoticons but this one begs for a face palm).

Edited by xr7g428