20,000 Ford salaried workers get both raise, bonus

itsmeuaw

Ford salaried workers will receive both merit raises and bonuses this spring for the first time since 2008, reflecting the automaker's growing financial strength.

Letters went out last week to about 20,000 salaried workers around the world with the good news, spokeswoman Marcey Evans confirmed.

The 2.7% base salary increases will take effect April 1, according to the letter obtained by the Free Press. Ford declined to discuss the size of the white-collar bonuses. The amount is based on performance and financial metrics that are still being calculated.

Last year, the average Ford salaried worker received a bonus equal to 15.5% of his salary, according to Sean McAlinden, an economist with the Center for Automotive Research.

Senior executives, including President and CEO Alan Mulally, Executive Chairman Bill Ford and Mark Fields, president of the Americas, received bonuses greater than their salaries, according to Ford's 2011 proxy statement. Mulally has said Ford's pretax operating profit for 2011 will exceed 2010's $8.3 billion.

Last year, Ford salaried workers received bonus checks, but no merit raises. In 2010, they received only merit pay raises. There were no raises in 2009.

Ford paid its UAW workers a profit-sharing check that averaged $5,000 in March 2011 for the company's 2010 results.

Last year, Ford withheld merit raises because management determined compensation for its white-collar workers was competitive with 23 other companies Ford had benchmarked, including General Motors.

The increased compensation is "in line with Ford's commitment to provide competitive base salaries and profitable growth for all," Fields said in the letter.

Salaried bonuses are tied to a complicated formula that factors in such metrics as profits, market share, cost and quality.

Ford is expected to release its fourth-quarter and full-year financial results later this month.

Salaried bonuses are paid under the company's Annual Incentive Compensation plan. The global plan covers about 20,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada, as well as managers in other parts of the world.

Ford is also increasing the amount it matches in employees' Savings and Stock Investment Plans, the letter says.

In 2010, Mulally received a $9.45 million cash bonus on top of his $1.4 million salary.

Bill Ford received a $2.7 million cash bonus to augment his $1.4 million salary, compensating in part for declining a salary from 2005-07.

Fields was paid about $1.34 million in salary and given a $3.6-million cash bonus in 2010.

Ford salaried workers will receive both merit raises and bonuses this spring for the first time since 2008, reflecting the automaker's growing financial strength.

Letters went out last week to about 20,000 salaried workers around the world with the good news, spokeswoman Marcey Evans confirmed.

The 2.7% base salary increases will take effect April 1, according to the letter obtained by the Free Press. Ford declined to discuss the size of the white-collar bonuses. The amount is based on performance and financial metrics that are still being calculated.

Last year, the average Ford salaried worker received a bonus equal to 15.5% of his salary, according to Sean McAlinden, an economist with the Center for Automotive Research.

Senior executives, including President and CEO Alan Mulally, Executive Chairman Bill Ford and Mark Fields, president of the Americas, received bonuses greater than their salaries, according to Ford's 2011 proxy statement. Mulally has said Ford's pretax operating profit for 2011 will exceed 2010's $8.3 billion.

Last year, Ford salaried workers received bonus checks, but no merit raises. In 2010, they received only merit pay raises. There were no raises in 2009.

Ford paid its UAW workers a profit-sharing check that averaged $5,000 in March 2011 for the company's 2010 results.

Last year, Ford withheld merit raises because management determined compensation for its white-collar workers was competitive with 23 other companies Ford had benchmarked, including General Motors.

The increased compensation is "in line with Ford's commitment to provide competitive base salaries and profitable growth for all," Fields said in the letter.

Salaried bonuses are tied to a complicated formula that factors in such metrics as profits, market share, cost and quality.

Ford is expected to release its fourth-quarter and full-year financial results later this month.

Salaried bonuses are paid under the company's Annual Incentive Compensation plan. The global plan covers about 20,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada, as well as managers in other parts of the world.

Ford is also increasing the amount it matches in employees' Savings and Stock Investment Plans, the letter says.

In 2010, Mulally received a $9.45 million cash bonus on top of his $1.4 million salary.

Bill Ford received a $2.7 million cash bonus to augment his $1.4 million salary, compensating in part for declining a salary from 2005-07.

Fields was paid about $1.34 million in salary and given a $3.6-million cash bonus in 2010.

Are you trying to say that Salary do not deserve raises? If so, why not?

I know I'm probably going to regret even answering this thread, but that is the biggest lie I've ever read. I know it is a "quote," but those numbers are soooo wrong it is ridiculous. No wonder why you UAW guys hate us, you can only believe what you read even if that rag of a paper makes up numbers and tries to tie it to some ass backwards statement and call it research. Me and all my other GSR salaried employees in this building I work in only ever saw anything close to a 6-7% bonus last year. We were all dumb-founded and left scratching our heads when we read that article.

• Like 1

Maybe because the companies turn around was a collective effort, and the union hasn't seen a raise since 2007. Instead they were offered lump sum bonuses that were withdrawn afterwards. I'd be upset too. Legally there is nothing they can do about it, but it's still wrong.

• Like 1

Maybe because the companies turn around was a collective effort, and the union hasn't seen a raise since 2007. Instead they were offered lump sum bonuses that were withdrawn afterwards. I'd be upset too. Legally there is nothing they can do about it, but it's still wrong.

I agree it was collective effort(Although I was not satisfied with the concessions, or the management getting their concessions back, this is frivolous. If you did not like the terms of the contract you should have voted it down. Ford did not take any more then you all agreed to. Also the courts would likely side with the company even if it did have merit because of the damage it would do to the company to pay out large sums to the effected. Win the suit, get a chunk of money, then strip away their investment capital so they can't keep their product commitments. Then look for a new job, cause they can't keep you working. I hate that about America, people would rather wait years to settle a suit and get some easy money, rather then working hard, and saving. In most industries the employees don't make enough to save, at Ford that is not the case. There is a political motive behind this filing.)

• Like 1

yes u do deserve raise salary people,but so do the hourly who gave up so much in 2007 n 2009 ,but why did you open our contract and take are lump sum bonuses away in 2007 and 2009 not give them back like you promise when things got better and they have ,that was a sign agreement and your word is no good ,it was collective (hourly and Salary )effort for Ford to get back on their feet.We having got a raise since 2002 ,and last year we got our first profit check since ,early 1990 .Also Although I was not satisfied with the concessions, or the management getting their concessions back, this is frivolous. (What does the terms of this contract has to do with ,the last contract)f you did not like the terms of the contract you should have voted it down. Ford did not take any more that salary and hourly all agreed to. Also the courts would likely side with the company even if it did have merit because of the damage it would do to the company to pay out large sums to the 20000 salaries in April. Win the suit, get a chunk of money, then strip away their investment capital the hourly have to pay only,so they can't keep their product commitments. Then look for a new job, cause they can't keep you working. I hate that about Ford company, it takes years to settle a suit and they get some easy money, and we have to wait for arbitration to decide rather then doing the right thing. In most industries the employees don't make enough money to save to get a lawyer ,but we can go eeoc or the labor board ,I don't trust our union ,because they are being paid by company and we don't elect our iuaw ,they are appointed by themselves ,just like the pope except they blow smoke up our ass and not like they do in Rome,

Edited by itsmeuaw
  • Like 1

I agree it was collective effort(Although I was not satisfied with the concessions, or the management getting their concessions back, this is frivolous. If you did not like the terms of the contract you should have voted it down. Ford did not take any more then you all agreed to. Also the courts would likely side with the company even if it did have merit because of the damage it would do to the company to pay out large sums to the effected. Win the suit, get a chunk of money, then strip away their investment capital so they can't keep their product commitments. Then look for a new job, cause they can't keep you working. I hate that about America, people would rather wait years to settle a suit and get some easy money, rather then working hard, and saving. In most industries the employees don't make enough to save, at Ford that is not the case. There is a political motive behind this filing.)

Now that is copywrite infringement, you copied and reposted my comment. LOL

It's still true!!!!!!

I have two questions for all of those people who posted on here at contract time saying the company was broke, couldn't afford to give us raises, etc.

1. How does that crow taste?

2. Is your ass so sore that you can't sit down to eat that crow?

Hourly did get a raise with the 2011 contract, no not the traditional wage/benefits workers but the workers who are the future.

The ones that will vote on agreements that will effect traditional workers pensions in the future.

We still have a long way to go to edge the 2nd tier workers up too traditional wages and benefits but the right direction was taken with the current agreement.

• Like 2

Hourly did get a raise with the 2011 contract, no not the traditional wage/benefits workers but the workers who are the future.

The ones that will vote on agreements that will effect traditional workers pensions in the future.

We still have a long way to go to edge the 2nd tier workers up too traditional wages and benefits but the right direction was taken with the current agreement.

Is this a joke? They would not have needed a raise if their starting wage wasn't cut in half in the 07' agreement. I guess all is right as long as we only recognize the half of the truth that we wanna remember. Ask the low tier how they feel about the difference in Compensation. while the low man works for half as much as you, and have no job bid preference, and are working the worst jobs in the plant. I am sure they're opinion differs from yours.

Yeah, yeah, I know. They should be happy to have a job.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2

Is this a joke? They would not have needed a raise if their starting wage wasn't cut in half in the 07' agreement. I guess all is right as long as we only recognize the half of the truth that we wanna remember. Ask the low tier how they feel about the difference in Compensation. while the low man works for half as much as you, and have no job bid preference, and are working the worst jobs in the plant. I am sure they're opinion differs from yours.

Since AAI got the Fusion investment and announcement of jobs here and MAP, Kentucky and Chicago I have friends and family I have not heard from for years calling about how to apply with Ford for getting these entry level jobs. Over $19 per hour, benefits and a pretty good 401k plan is a God send to anyone unemployed. Most never have made $19 per hour in their life are jumping at this opportunity.

Say what you want about the $19 per hour wage, good benefits and a 401K. The fact is tens of thousands will line up for the opportunity

• Like 5

Since AAI got the Fusion investment and announcement of jobs here and MAP, Kentucky and Chicago I have friends and family I have not heard from for years calling about how to apply with Ford for getting these entry level jobs. Over $19 per hour, benefits and a pretty good 401k plan is a God send to anyone unemployed. Most never have made $19 per hour in their life are jumping at this opportunity.

Say what you want about the $19 per hour wage, good benefits and a 401K. The fact is tens of thousands will line up for the opportunity

I spoke the truth about the wage disparity, and in time the entry level employees will express their discontent. You'll see

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2

You know me better than that Furious or should at least, do I like 2nd tier? hell no but the facts are the facts it was voted in back in 2007.

So far we have not only stoped the company and IUAW from putting a freeze on their pay until 2015 but with the 2011 CBA got them a raise.

Does that completely make up for what was done in 2007? no but as I have said it is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Let's see a bunch of plants got new work. What about the one's that didn't ? We got 3 raises for people that haven't even been hired yet. That's just brilliant. Now the company is giving bonuses and raises to management.( trust me they are all laughing at us ) I hope everyone that voted yes is proud of themselves. What a bunch selfish, spineless idiots.

• Like 2

Let's see a bunch of plants got new work. What about the one's that didn't ? We got 3 raises for people that haven't even been hired yet. That's just brilliant. Now the company is giving bonuses and raises to management.( trust me they are all laughing at us ) I hope everyone that voted yes is proud of themselves. What a bunch selfish, spineless idiots.

• Like 2

There was be tens of thousand line up at wal-mart store and for about 9.00 dollars hour ,Equal pay for equal work ,use to be union logo ,thats why this right to work shit is passing all over the united states our unions leaders our be bought off ,and all they care about is themself .Why can we elect a president of teamster union but can not elect president of IUAW something not right Here

Edited by itsmeuaw

I voted yes and am happy about it. I have no issues with what we got. Work for our plants and new hires that do get raises and benefits while we get numerous bonuses and have great wages and benefits. Does it bother me that salaried got a bonus? Nope. Does it bother me that they got a raise? Yep. But, we also have the luxury of a union contract and can keep our jobs by bumping lower seniority members while salaired workers just get fired. They have no recourse. While we do. Maybe youd want to be salaried where you could get fired at any minute and are working overtime and not getting paid. In the end our Entry Level workers are probably making more per hour (with OT) than many salaried workers. Would I switch places with a salaried worker? Hell No!!!

• Like 1

I voted yes and am happy about it. I have no issues with what we got. Work for our plants and new hires that do get raises and benefits while we get numerous bonuses and have great wages and benefits. Does it bother me that salaried got a bonus? Nope. Does it bother me that they got a raise? Yep. But, we also have the luxury of a union contract and can keep our jobs by bumping lower seniority members while salaired workers just get fired. They have no recourse. While we do. Maybe youd want to be salaried where you could get fired at any minute and are working overtime and not getting paid. In the end our Entry Level workers are probably making more per hour (with OT) than many salaried workers. Would I switch places with a salaried worker? Hell No!!!

• Like 2

I'm glad your happy (i'm not) and I'm glad you have no issues with what we got (i do, we got nothing) I'm glad your plant got work (even though your plant voted the contract down) but what about those plants that didn't get work (walton hills, woodhaven and twin cities now closed down) but what do you care your plant got work (selfish) How about 2 raises for new hires and 1 for the people that played a huge part in turning this company around. we haven,t seen a raise in what 5,6,7 years and we may never see another one. I don't care how much they pay new hires, if they don't make as much as you or i it's just a matter of time before they resent you for what you have and they don't. ( their benefits suck, shitty ins. and no retirement plan) When and if you retire from ford these are the people that will be voting on things like your retirement benefits. how do you think that's going to turn out.( clue not good ) Would i want to be salary ( hell no ) at least i can agree with you on something.

• Like 1