new product for ktp

ktpworker69

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug: another rumor....heard ktp is getting a f-150 diesel in 2010? any1 else hear anything?

That is one of the more assanine rumors I've heard lately. KTP doesn't need any more products, and especially since MTP has the capacity and flex capability to build other products, KTP won't be getting any. You folks at KTP ought to be thankful for what you have...and shouldn't be starting pie in the sky rumors about getting even more.

That is one of the more assanine rumors I've heard lately. KTP doesn't need any more products, and especially since MTP has the capacity and flex capability to build other products, KTP won't be getting any. You folks at KTP ought to be thankful for what you have...and shouldn't be starting pie in the sky rumors about getting even more.

FUCK YOU@ ktp is the largest truck assembly plant in north america...we have room for 2 more vehicles. you should be thankful for ktp, cuz weve kept fomoco above water with "what we have".....without us you would probably be out of a job like nap and aap. :kissass: and by the way, our state of the art trim dept just opened and the already have stacks and stacks of the new plywood flooring sitting in the old trim dept waiting to be put in. if we werent getting another vehicle of some sort, i find it really hard to believe they would be putting in new flooring. so kiss my as you arrogant fuck stick

FUCK YOU@ ktp is the largest truck assembly plant in north america...we have room for 2 more vehicles. you should be thankful for ktp, cuz weve kept fomoco above water with "what we have".....without us you would probably be out of a job like nap and aap. :kissass: and by the way, our state of the art trim dept just opened and the already have stacks and stacks of the new plywood flooring sitting in the old trim dept waiting to be put in. if we werent getting another vehicle of some sort, i find it really hard to believe they would be putting in new flooring. so kiss my as you arrogant fuck stick

:rockon: :cheerleader:

You are a moron, pure and simple. I pointed out that you are are wrong, and why, and you respond with that? Hell, keep your head up your ass if that's what makes you happy. I'm truly sorry for anyone who has to work with you. Anyone who claims to be 35 years old, and responds in such a juvenile, idiotic fashion, must be a real piece of work.

:rockon: :cheerleader:

What are you, this clown's cheerleader? How did you two mental midgets manage to get internet access, anyway?

ktp makes the F-250, F-350, F-450, not the F-150. DTP, NAP, KCAP make the F-150.

I think he said make diesels at DTP, NAP, KCAP for the 150.

This is just like any plant saying that Ford couldn't do it without us. So much for being with your unions members bro. Millions are spent on plants every year doen't mean they will stay open once the money is spent it is just creative accounting from there.

This is just like any plant saying that Ford couldn't do it without us. So much for being with your unions members bro. Millions are spent on plants every year doen't mean they will stay open once the money is spent it is just creative accounting from there.

The proof of the "millions" spent in waste is right here in Atlanta. We had all brand new copper plumbing installed last year, a fairly new (a couple years old) fitness center and SEP center. I wonder who get all that crap when we close? Does Bill jr. need a new home gym? No, Tax write off, and thats all

Hell Boys, I heard that same old line that "FORD CAN'T DO WITH OUT US" bull shit when I worked at Lorain, When I worked at Twin City, Brookpark, Ohio Trk, and now at KTP. Anyone dumb enough to belive that those idoits in the glass house will not shut them down because it looks good on paper needs to think again. Hell I read the Detroit Free Press's web page yesterday and old Billy Boy was reported to saying that

"NOTHING IS OFF THE TABLE" That they are going to cut again and make even deeper cuts than already planned. So I say grab on to your asses and hold on, cause this ride is going to get bumpy. Ford also said it would consider allainces with another auto company. Who knows Nissan might be running Ford next year, Or TOY. We need to stick together ALL of us, So grow up and know that it might not be your job lost today but it could be tommorrow! :kuko:

Yes your comment to ktp worker69 is so much more mature. You have made several out of line comments on this forum that you have no room to judge someone else.

The reason i think he may have heard this rumour is that the new truck is going to be set up for the same tooling to attach the cab to the chassis that are used currently with the F-150's. It will give Ford the ability to move product around to any of our current truck plants.

I personally have not heard about the F-150 rumour. But have heard people from the plant in avon lake saying that they are hearing about the cut aways. Remember that we all need to bring up what is being said and done in our plants so that we can stay more informed.

I heard that you maybe getting the van cutaways from avon in ohio

The van cutaways will stay and the F150 cutaways will move to avon

This will free up space for KTP to get the 4.4L V8 Diesel in late 09

This block is being made in Brazil for the 1st phase but we have been told at a plant meeting that Cleveland casting is in the running for the 2nd and 3rd phase of the 4.4L Diesel.

Ktp will get norfolks f150's and DTP could get the Expedition

The mexican plant will loose the supedutys and get the bronco and other small volume vehicles.

later

Hell Boys, I heard that same old line that "FORD CAN'T DO WITH OUT US" bull shit when I worked at Lorain, When I worked at Twin City, Brookpark, Ohio Trk, and now at KTP. Anyone dumb enough to belive that those idoits in the glass house will not shut them down because it looks good on paper needs to think again. Hell I read the Detroit Free Press's web page yesterday and old Billy Boy was reported to saying that

"NOTHING IS OFF THE TABLE" That they are going to cut again and make even deeper cuts than already planned. So I say grab on to your asses and hold on, cause this ride is going to get bumpy. Ford also said it would consider allainces with another auto company. Who knows Nissan might be running Ford next year, Or TOY. We need to stick together ALL of us, So grow up and know that it might not be your job lost today but it could be tommorrow! :kuko:

Well Said. Most of us who have been at Ford for quite a while and remember the downsizing in the late 1970's--early 80's know this all too well. It devastated a whole bunch of us. So word to the wise out here, you better not start thinking it can't happen to you today, tomorrow when you wake up, it could very well be waiting for you. I don't need to give you any advice on that one. Been there. :titanic: :shrug:

Yes your comment to ktp worker69 is so much more mature. You have made several out of line comments on this forum that you have no room to judge someone else.

The reason i think he may have heard this rumour is that the new truck is going to be set up for the same tooling to attach the cab to the chassis that are used currently with the F-150's. It will give Ford the ability to move product around to any of our current truck plants.

I personally have not heard about the F-150 rumour. But have heard people from the plant in avon lake saying that they are hearing about the cut aways. Remember that we all need to bring up what is being said and done in our plants so that we can stay more informed.

My posts are "out of line"? Unless you are talking about some of my political posts, and the only reason you'd be referring to those is you don't agree with them, I don't think any of my posts are "out of line" at all. Listen..KTP has been living high on the hog for a long time..they've enjoyed 3 crew operations and overtime when other plants are struggling and looking closure straight on. For someone who works at KTP, and who SHOULD damn well be aware of the state of affairs for most of the other plants, to come here and post baseless rumors about KTP getting more product..is, I'm sorry if you don't like the word, assanine. It's irresponsible, and it shows a callous disregard and ignorance of the real situation facing most of the plants. All I did was to point out that the rumor was silly, and explained why. Ford is not going to let a plant right down the road from Dearborn that they are continuing to invest money in go vacant while they send new product to a plant way down in Kentucky. Like I said before, KTP folks should be thankful for what they have.

My posts are "out of line"? Unless you are talking about some of my political posts, and the only reason you'd be referring to those is you don't agree with them, I don't think any of my posts are "out of line" at all. Listen..KTP has been living high on the hog for a long time..they've enjoyed 3 crew operations and overtime when other plants are struggling and looking closure straight on. For someone who works at KTP, and who SHOULD damn well be aware of the state of affairs for most of the other plants, to come here and post baseless rumors about KTP getting more product..is, I'm sorry if you don't like the word, assanine. It's irresponsible, and it shows a callous disregard and ignorance of the real situation facing most of the plants. All I did was to point out that the rumor was silly, and explained why. Ford is not going to let a plant right down the road from Dearborn that they are continuing to invest money in go vacant while they send new product to a plant way down in Kentucky. Like I said before, KTP folks should be thankful for what they have.

First i don't know what your political preferences,and could careless. A question was asked,period. I didn't see any calious as you are so determined to see. He didn't say look at us all you losers,we are rumoured to get the f-150 diesel. Simply asked if anyone had heard the same rumour,its called comunication among employees. You should try it sometime. He came back with both barrels to your comment,and i would have handled my response in a different way. I simply made a comment to yours to point out that i thought you jumped on him,instead of discussing in a more civilized manner.

I don't understand the way down in kentucky comment either,do you think that michigan is the only state that can build a diesel f-150.

All our suppliers are hear in the region with us,namely trans from sharonville,diesels from indy. We stamp our parts for us and the explorer,which is the newest in the Ford system. We built the first stamping cell about four years ago and opened the second cell last fall.

Could they close our plant,sure they could and most here realize that possibility. But right now it must be making a profit or we would be closed.

Ford is in the business to make money,so far we must be doing something right. The cost of running this plant must be advantageous to keep open.

yes we have been living high on the hog here at ktp for quite some time...and yes, we see other plants struggling and i'm sorry for that. been in that boat at ktp in the early 90's. dont want to see anyone lose thier job, or even have to uproot thier families for that matter and move somewhere else. but the fact is, the super duty truck has been the backbone of fomoco for several years now. hell, weve been called "the crown jewel" of ford by many, many big wigs. so, bottom line is, there is no reason we shouldnt get another vehicle. we stamp our own parts, and some for other places. just had another multi million dollar schuler press put in. more than enough capability to supply this company with another good product

yes, ford could do it without us...and they very well may in the future. but at this point, we are still the only plant in the ford system keep this company afloat right now. as far as my union bros......i dont have any, i have co-workers. UAW can :kissass:

First i don't know what your political preferences,and could careless. A question was asked,period. I didn't see any calious as you are so determined to see. He didn't say look at us all you losers,we are rumoured to get the f-150 diesel. Simply asked if anyone had heard the same rumour,its called comunication among employees. You should try it sometime. He came back with both barrels to your comment,and i would have handled my response in a different way. I simply made a comment to yours to point out that i thought you jumped on him,instead of discussing in a more civilized manner.

I don't understand the way down in kentucky comment either,do you think that michigan is the only state that can build a diesel f-150.

All our suppliers are hear in the region with us,namely trans from sharonville,diesels from indy. We stamp our parts for us and the explorer,which is the newest in the Ford system. We built the first stamping cell about four years ago and opened the second cell last fall.

Could they close our plant,sure they could and most here realize that possibility. But right now it must be making a profit or we would be closed.

Ford is in the business to make money,so far we must be doing something right. The cost of running this plant must be advantageous to keep open.

:rockon:

We've been told we were the backbone of the co. also and see where it got us. The SD made alot of money for Ford but it has also lost alot of customers with the pos 6.0. I know to many who have had problems with them and won't buy another. I've gotten a few people x plans for them and they want their 7.3's back. I can tell you it doesn't take long to go from the top to the bottom. Ford losing 150 and 250 profits it won't be long before the rest of the co. feels the effects.

When I hired in at MTP they told us that the plant made 33% of Fords profits and that we were the cash cow of the company. Soon as the gas prices went up everything changed. Those gas prices are the biggest reason Ford is in the red now. Car sales are up but Ford does not make enough profit on cars to carry this company, and the more Truck plants they close the more money Ford loses. Hopefully gas prices go down but I highly doubt that. Gas can't stay 3$ a gallon for long but who really knows.

yeah well i bet you didnt think that ford would close a plant with the highest quality, well guess what they are. so shut up. unless you are bill ford, you dont need to be saying what the hell ford will be doin

yeah well i bet you didnt think that ford would close a plant with the highest quality, well guess what they are. so shut up. unless you are bill ford, you dont need to be saying what the hell ford will be doin

You sound like my wife, with all this, "shut up" crap. Give it a rest. As far as what I think about Ford closing this or that plant...I tell you what I DO think, and that there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, though LOCATION does seem to play a role. As far as Best Quality...it's my humble opinion that "best quality" is alot of horse shit. It's all based on warranty claims...so it depends on whether or not John and Jane Blow had the time to take their vehicle into the dealer this month because of that pesky rattle or jammed CD player. Some months claims go up, some they go down. There are so many variables involved that it seems silly to make anything out of it, unless it's a continuing long term trend for one vehicle or one plant.

BTW, no, I'm not Billy Ford, even though I did meet the guy once. But then, neither are you..and didn't this thread start with YOU posting silly rumors about what Ford was going to do?

• 4 weeks later...

Why is it that Michigan thinks it should have everything? So what if we are talking about new products. Somebody is going to get them. There's a lot of people working up there, but I don't think they'll be buying enough vehicles to account for the ones that will be lost when plants keep getting shut down in their town and Toyota, Nissan and Honda come calling. You better hope for Ford's sake they keep plants going somewhere other than Michigan. Louisville is a Ford stronghold, but there are 2 Toyota plants within an hour and 1 Honda plant being built. They are just chomping at the bit for Ford to piss off all those people. It's just more business for them. Somebody wake those fuckers up in Dearborn and tell them to look at the competition. They don't do everything in one city, state. Why would you? Especially in Michigan, where you pay a nice chunck to ship anywhere. LAP may bite the dust because of the value of the land it sits on. KTP has held strong and made the flexible moves to accomodate whatever was needed for the super duty and excursion. A lot of what ales KTP has to do with management and suppliers. The management of this whole company is sorry. For the good of the company, Bill please step down. You know nothing about this and it shows everyday on the news, in the stock price and by the sentiments of long time Ford buyers. Send the f150 and the van. We have room for more product and more people.

You sound like my wife, with all this, "shut up" crap. Give it a rest. As far as what I think about Ford closing this or that plant...I tell you what I DO think, and that there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, though LOCATION does seem to play a role. As far as Best Quality...it's my humble opinion that "best quality" is alot of horse shit. It's all based on warranty claims...so it depends on whether or not John and Jane Blow had the time to take their vehicle into the dealer this month because of that pesky rattle or jammed CD player. Some months claims go up, some they go down. There are so many variables involved that it seems silly to make anything out of it, unless it's a continuing long term trend for one vehicle or one plant.

BTW, no, I'm not Billy Ford, even though I did meet the guy once. But then, neither are you..and didn't this thread start with YOU posting silly rumors about what Ford was going to do?

did you even read what you wrote here? you must work in a plant with poor quality, that would explain your ignorant explanation for saying it's a bunch of horse shit....all plants are measured the same way....some are much better than others....yours probably isn't.... therefore you would make such stupid statements

did you even read what you wrote here? you must work in a plant with poor quality, that would explain your ignorant explanation for saying it's a bunch of horse shit....all plants are measured the same way....some are much better than others....yours probably isn't.... therefore you would make such stupid statements

One word of advise watch what you listen to at work. If I was you I would base my opinion of quality on what I see and not what someone tells me. And I do on a regular basis look at the quality coming off the line. It is part of my job so I can gauge it pretty good...