2014 Model Year

The 2013 Model Year is a big year for Ford, with tons of important product launching.

All New:

-Fusion

-Escape

-C-Max Hybrid/Energi

-MKZ

Updates/Refreshes/Specialty Models

-Taurus

-Mustang

-Flex

-F-150 ( or 2014 )

-Focus ST

-Focus Electric

-MKS

-MKT

As for 2014, we haven't heard many rumors yet. I thought I would make a list of products Ford and Lincoln might launch for the North American 2014 Model Year.

All New:

-Transit/T-Series Commercial Vans

-Edge

-MKX

-MKG ( small Lincoln Crossover )

-Expedition ( a long shot )

-Navigator ( a long shot )

-Fiesta

-Fiesta ST

-F-150 ( or 2013 )

-Fusion ST/SVT

- Expedition ( new engines/ front end )

- Navigator ( new engines/ front end )

The 2014 Model will not shape up to be as exciting as the 2013 Model Year, but there is the potential to have some important new models, particularly a new Edge, MKX, and "MKG." Lincoln could have a big year. Fiesta could see an update and the Expedition and Navigator should at least receive new engines...but I'd love to see all new models. Ford has done a much better job of keeping up-coming products away from spy cameras so our future forecasts are not as accurate as they were just a few years ago. Is there anything I've missed?

You're right, an update to the Transit Connect ( at least in terms of engine and transmissions ) might be in the cards.

I would LOVE to see the Grand C-Max come to the US/Canada after all ( though they would have to change the name ) or at the very least a B-segment CUV/MPV. The segment is growing and Ford should have an inexpensive CUV/MPV to slot below or alongside the Escape.

unfortunately I don't have anything sensible to add :confused:

but

along the lines of the supercar/GT-descendant rumors

What If

they brought out a NG-Mustang co-platformed Lincoln RWD coupe-cabrio with my imagined 700hp 5.0v8-EB + little electrics up front to fill that rôle BEFORE the Mustang debut (April'14)

ie for the 2014my/cy2013

and then

later brought out "regular" powered versions along with a (sport)sedan version?

thinking of a way that timing alone could provide a halo car/trim within the regular lineup instead of building a "folly"

(imho it should be easy to go a year-fraction without Mustang production while starting off the nextgen with the Lincoln - Mustang sales should be dismal anyway as word spreads about the new model's intro date)

ps

Thanks for calling MKuGa the MKG, ds91776 :D

Regarding the Grand C-Max, with it being cancelled so close to when it was to launch in North America (cancelled June, launch date was September - October) I would assume it was certified and all the regulatory issues ironed out right? And Ford did show North American spec Grand C-Max at the auto shows, yes?

So if Ford feels there is a demand for this type of vehicle, then they could add this to the line-up very quickly, and assembly at Louisville would be semi prepared to build this vehicle as well.

I think the only real surprise we might see for 2014 could be one the of global B-variants popping up on our shores.

Probably the Ecosport which could be added with the face lifted fiesta and could be made in Mexico and imported duty free. I don't see the B-Max as the Sliding doors add considerable cost and this will be a $17,000-$24,000 vehicle. Keeping the price low will be very important. This would also allow Ford to dump the base model Escapes.

How much of an update will it get though? The ST is coming out shortly, I don't see them changing the styling that soon after it comes out.

the new styling will be based on the ST. but toned down a bit. IMO.

look to the front end of the B-max and The infotainment system in the B-max for hints on the next fiesta.

I am curious if ford decided to merge the US and ROW fiesta, crash strutures to eliminate the need for US specific bumper and steel reinforcements, that woudl save wieght. and reduce costs at the same time.

Want to see new seats, that are more appropriate to a small car, thinner and light MK3 chairs from the fusion would fit the bill. the current ones are simply too thick for a sub compact car.

B-max

Ford_B-MAX_interior_1.jpg

Fiesta ST

FiestaST_interior_01.jpg

FiestaST_interior_02.jpg

the ST is a Trim level, just like the SES or SEL.

Edited by Biker16

The 2013 Model Year is a big year for Ford, with tons of important product launching.

All New:

-Fusion

-Escape

-C-Max Hybrid/Energi

-MKZ

-Taurus

-Mustang

-Flex

-F-150 ( or 2014 )

-Focus ST

-Focus Electric

-MKS

-MKT

As for 2014, we haven't heard many rumors yet. I thought I would make a list of products Ford and Lincoln might launch for the North American 2014 Model Year.

All New:

-Transit/T-Series Commercial Vans

-Edge

-MKX

-MKG ( small Lincoln Crossover )

-Expedition ( a long shot )

-Navigator ( a long shot )

-Fiesta

-Fiesta ST

-F-150 ( or 2013 )

-Fusion ST/SVT

- Expedition ( new engines/ front end )

- Navigator ( new engines/ front end )

The 2014 Model will not shape up to be as exciting as the 2013 Model Year, but there is the potential to have some important new models, particularly a new Edge, MKX, and "MKG." Lincoln could have a big year. Fiesta could see an update and the Expedition and Navigator should at least receive new engines...but I'd love to see all new models. Ford has done a much better job of keeping up-coming products away from spy cameras so our future forecasts are not as accurate as they were just a few years ago. Is there anything I've missed?

Looks great. Can't wait to see what Ford produces in 2014!!