Teeth knocked out at DTP

DTP Nick

A lot of stressed out people working in these plants.Cant imagine why things got physical but I can understand how unfriendly things get inside the Rouge.What are they gonna do for a paycheck now?

Yeah but when you know you don't necessarily get along with certain people you stay away from them as much as possible and put your headphones in when your around them.

• Like 2

The chairmans report i read yesterday said "unfortunately, the company doesnt allow fighting" i thought unfortunately? thats a weird way to word the companies stance.

Yeah that was a weird way to put it. I'm glad the company doesn't allow fighting. Lol. If they did it'd be like a bar room brawl everyday.

• Like 1

Hard to believe this story is real.How could any 'man' mix it up physically with a female?I have been around many upset woman at Ford and I simply SHUT UP and walk away and then leave them alone and then they leave me alone.Its 'being at work', that will happen.If we were all nice to each other we would all have better jobs.Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Believe the woman slapped him in the face after an argument and he pushed her away from himself, she fell and hit her head, and they got fired.

of course they would both be fired i mean it would look good if you fired only a woman in an altercation between a man and a woman.

Kinda funny how the chairman steps in and submits a report about the companies position, this is his way of saying I'm not going to do anything to get you back. People have gotten time off for fighting before at DTP and they got back. You can't not bring people back after bringing others back. But I'm sure he will try and make the excuse up that they fought under the new contract where the company isn't bringing people back under the new contract.

It's fair to give them time off to simmer but to throw them out on to the streets for the sake of some bottom line cash or profit is not right. I don't condone fighting but hey!.

Also chairman how about the other people that have been out waiting to get back that were not fighting? You not going to bring these people back either like the 9 people that were terminated in 2011 at body shop???

I hope the UAW lawyers have all their ducks in a row else Ford or the UAW may be shelling out some of the profit sharing to those people you kicked to the street.

THE UAW IS SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR JOB BACK - THAT IS WHY IT'S CALLED A UNION.

Lets have some support for those people that are sitting at home collecting unemployment now and food stamps because some of those individuals had more then 15 years seniority.

Another thing.. the company down in Dearborn, Local 600 and DTP has created a nice reputation for itself. A nice class action law suit against the UAW for not doing their jobs would net gain those people some nice cold hard cash!.

I think the people that have been booted from DTP should come in here and get together and band like brothers and sisters should. Better yet I think those people should go on Fox news and give interviews on how they are treated by the UAW and Ford in Dearborn.

Lets start holding these union people accountable at the polls for taking the side of the company. Also with the Union owning a stake in the company now they are biased and don't want to work for the worker anymore. No judge will have sympathy for that.

If two guys get into a scrap, it isn't the end of the world. If it is a fair fight, both combatants willing, then let them go at it. They could be held liable for any damages or lost productivity, but mostly, it is their business, not anyone else's. It is healthy to let off steam. Afterwards, they will respect each other. It would be better if they agreed to meet somewhere after work, but sometimes it is spontaneous. We are humans, not robots like the company and union would like to turn us into. At OAC, both parties get one week suspension. That is more reasonable.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

If two guys get into a scrap, it isn't the end of the world. If it is a fair fight, both combatants willing, then let them go at it. They could be held liable for any damages or lost productivity, but mostly, it is their business, not anyone else's. It is healthy to let off steam. Afterwards, they will respect each other. It would be better if they agreed to meet somewhere after work, but sometimes it is spontaneous. We are humans, not robots like the company and union would like to turn us into. At OAC, both parties get one week suspension. That is more reasonable.

really? thats a "healthy" let off of steam? hmm healthy and teeth knocked out go together now.

And the company that is liable for everyone's safety on its property not to mention its public persona is suppose to be okay with ufc wannabes going at it, as long as both combatants are willing?

Yes we are humans but in life there are consequences and everyone knows what happens when you fight at work. a 1 week suspension would just encourage hot heads to go ahead a fight more especially those that dont care if they miss a week.

I wonder why tensions are running high? Maybe the company should consolidate more jobs and add more work to each station that way the employees wouldn't have time to fight! Or maybe its because everyone there is at their wits end. Come on DTP management you guys can get more out of us! IF WE DONT STAND TOGETHER WE STAND ALONE!

• Like 1

I wonder why tensions are running high? Maybe the company should consolidate more jobs and add more work to each station that way the employees wouldn't have time to fight! Or maybe its because everyone there is at their wits end. Come on DTP management you guys can get more out of us! IF WE DONT STAND TOGETHER WE STAND ALONE!

wasnt it hi-lo drivers that got in a fight? man those are stressful jobs. /sarcasm

wasnt it hi-lo drivers that got in a fight? man those are stressful jobs. /sarcasm

actually there were three fights 1 in paint, the hilo drivers, and the door line. doesn't matter though tensions are running high period ! The company is constantly adding and expecting more form the employees on the floor. good form an effiiciency stand point, but when it comes to moral its bad! Ohh thats right they don't give a f*ck! Keep it up DTP management I'm sure if you guys keep pushing everyone they will be to busy working and all will be better. Thats the way to do it, if you ignore it long enough it will go away right! oh yeah announcing 10.5 for this week will also help!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually there were three fights 1 in paint, the hilo drivers, and the door line. doesn't matter though tensions are running high period ! The company is constantly adding and expecting more form the employees on the floor. good form an effiiciency stand point, but when it comes to moral its bad! Ohh thats right they don't give a f*ck! Keep it up DTP management I'm sure if you guys keep pushing everyone they will be to busy working and all will be better. Thats the way to do it, if you ignore it long enough it will go away right! oh yeah announcing 10.5 for this week will also help!!!!!!!!!!!!

The company is to blame for the fights, sounds like the people that were fired have a lawsuit. lawyer up!

Well I was off that day.......

JUST SAYIN, PEOPLE ARE AT THEIR WITS END. IF MANAGEMENT WOULD STOP AND TAKE A LOOK THEY WOULD SEE. NO THE COMPANY ISNT DIRECTLY TO BLAME, BUT I HAVE BEEN IN OTHER PLANTS AND THE WORK LOAD A DTP AND STRESS LEVEL ARE NOTICEABLY HIGHER. LIKE I SAID NO WORRIES THOUGH BECAUSE 10.5 THIS WEEK WILL HELP. BUILD THOSE TRUCKS NO MATTER THE COST.

Kinda funny how the chairman steps in and submits a report about the companies position, this is his way of saying I'm not going to do anything to get you back. People have gotten time off for fighting before at DTP and they got back. You can't not bring people back after bringing others back. But I'm sure he will try and make the excuse up that they fought under the new contract where the company isn't bringing people back under the new contract.

It's fair to give them time off to simmer but to throw them out on to the streets for the sake of some bottom line cash or profit is not right. I don't condone fighting but hey!.

Also chairman how about the other people that have been out waiting to get back that were not fighting? You not going to bring these people back either like the 9 people that were terminated in 2011 at body shop???

I hope the UAW lawyers have all their ducks in a row else Ford or the UAW may be shelling out some of the profit sharing to those people you kicked to the street.

THE UAW IS SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR JOB BACK - THAT IS WHY IT'S CALLED A UNION.

Lets have some support for those people that are sitting at home collecting unemployment now and food stamps because some of those individuals had more then 15 years seniority.

Another thing.. the company down in Dearborn, Local 600 and DTP has created a nice reputation for itself. A nice class action law suit against the UAW for not doing their jobs would net gain those people some nice cold hard cash!.

I think the people that have been booted from DTP should come in here and get together and band like brothers and sisters should. Better yet I think those people should go on Fox news and give interviews on how they are treated by the UAW and Ford in Dearborn.

Lets start holding these union people accountable at the polls for taking the side of the company. Also with the Union owning a stake in the company now they are biased and don't want to work for the worker anymore. No judge will have sympathy for that.

As far as i'm concerned if you were one of the 9 fired from body you must be a real "Terd". The union has no time for terds, as the other 2700 employees that come to work deserve their attention. Lawyers, judges......get a fucking grip. you had a job and "YOU"lost it ! Stop blaming everyone for you being a "TERD"

• Like 4

I think the company has an obligation to fire anybody who fights on company property as well as call the Dearborn Police Department.I want a safe working environment and not have to worry about some emotionally unstable,angry person making a shive and busting it off in my azz!Calm the heck down and STOP acting out like a verbal and or physical hard-ass.P-L-E-A-S-E and Thank-You.

• Like 1

I think the company has an obligation to fire anybody who fights on company property as well as call the Dearborn Police Department.I want a safe working environment and not have to worry about some emotionally unstable,angry person making a shive and busting it off in my azz!Calm the heck down and STOP acting out like a verbal and or physical hard-ass.P-L-E-A-S-E and Thank-You.

I agree with you Fatso ! If i was working in Dumptroit i would feel alot safer now that these shive making thugs are gone. I will guarentee one thing , i will bet each one of the 9 have lengthy records in labor and aint worth a- shit. The union is finally looking out for the majority of it's members by letting these criminals pay the price. Dont get them back their jobs otherwise 20+ people will go on medical because they will be scared of being attacked in a unsafe work environment. Fuck em

• Like 1

Regardless of what people did, they should be given a chance to come back. I don't think anyone is debating the fact that if your fighting you should go. And there is a large liability on the company at that point. If someone gets hurt they can be sued. However after some time goes by those people should be able to have a chance to come back to work.

If you were fighting and were one of the ones that got fired here is some information you may want:

In Regards of collecting unemployment (if you were fired)

The company must provide to the state of Michigan an affidavit of facts signed by someone in HR

If the state then sends you something that says the company provided sufficient proof of your termination remember you can appeal and fight it to get your benefits.

The process of which to appeal to the state is a long process so make sure you produce witness statements that you were roped into a situation at work you couldn't control

The state will then decide if your benefits can be given so the more documents you provide to the state the more likely they will approve your benefits

In most cases the company is lax in providing ample information for the state to deny, so if you are denied unemployment no matter what fight it all the way

When the appeal process is over and you have to go in front of a judge to prove your case, simply bring a witness with you to tell your side of the story

Zero tolerance was put in effect to benefit the company not to benefit any workers, it is a shady policy and needs to be looked at, the company loves it

While your out on vacation that the company has to pay for keep calling the union to find out what they are doing to get you back, you will find they won't answer your calls

Next step is to get a labor lawyer and file a law suit and site "wrongful termination", and "Harassment" as the basis of your case, the company will settle they don't want the bad press, make sure you name everyone in it.

It will be hard to find a labor lawyer in MI tho that will take the case because most have been retained by the company, you may need to look outside of Michigan

The so called girl that fell and hit her head has a great law suit on the company and will most likely get her job back, everyone should have fell that day

Make sure you record everything that happens including voice record everything for your records, the union will side with the company to intimidate you from further actions

When they ask you to give up your security badge do so under protest and make sure you record that

Gather all witnesses and have them give a general signed statement about the events

The company and the UNION have no legal skills, so they will make many mistakes along the way, make sure you document it all

If anyone knows some good labor lawyers please post their names and numbers here in the forum

If the company tells you to get anger management and an evaluation, pay for it yourself, they will most likely be working for the company, don't trust 3rd parties

If you had a medical situation before your termination request in writing ALL medical documents and notes in writing with the company and through a FOIA request

Be careful the medical department will only send you what they want, a FOIA request is more powerful then just a written signed request, make sure its notarized

Send a signed written request to HR for your full employment record, by law they are required too within 14 days of your request

Any mailings you send to the company, union or medical must be done using registered or certified mail, else they will deny they got them, they try to be tricky

Send a copy of your record, grievance and complaints and other documents to the Local, and the Region else they will deny that they know about your case

Sending you're documents certified mail to the region forces in plant committee accountability

Know the laws of the contract, if your terminated someone from the local must be present, keep quiet at your hearing, they already made their decision on you

The company will try and say your statements are not consistent, if they have you make more then one statement tell them they already have it

Don't let nobody intimidate you, if your record was clean for more then 10 years the union has an obligation to get you back to work

Never agree to come back on a work waiver, the union will play that game with you, you'll set yourself up for more problems

When you do come back to work you get all your back pay, remember you can't get profit sharing cause you were not working, but everything else you can get back

Remember when your out over a year waiting to go back, the company made about 150k on your ass and didn't have to pay insurance, back pay means nothing to them

I hope some of this information helps someone that was fired, I personally know a couple people that are out right now terminated and waiting to get their jobs back and they are being given the runaround by the union. No matter what people do, you just cant throw them out on the street and forget about them they may have a house to pay for, kids to feed and bills to pay. Does the company care? no, they want 15.00 an hour jobs in there, does the union care? no their job is the last one standing, so they will do anything to secure it, even if it means keeping you out to please the company.

KNOW THE LAW

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

HAVE THE POWER

Edited by morepie