DTP WOKERS

morepie

I started this thread because I know there are many people at DTP that have issues with management this includes the other plants like Body Shop, Paint etc etc.

If you have had any type of run ins with management please go ahead and post your complaints or issues that you have had and who the manager was that you had it with. I think that the brothers and sisters should start standing up for what is being done and put it out there so that people know what is going on and who is causing the trouble. There will be a few that will post in this thread making comments like "You should just come to work and do your job" stuff like that, but that is not what I am after. There are legitimate problems in these plants that I see posted here all the time in the forum but it's scattered and should all be posted in one spot. Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights as a worker to stop the daily harassment.

Too many people just keep their heads down because they have an easy job and they are not really effected. This thread is for the "Effected Ones". There are many high issue areas such as Body Shop Door Line for example. Don't let the company push you around. Don't let yourself be harassed. By now you understand that if you have an issue don't take it to your supervisor or the Union because the in plant people will not correct it, so what are you're options you ask? NOT MANY I can tell you that.

The main problem is that there is no accountability weather it be in the Union or in HR. I personally know workers that have gone to HR on people and nothing was investigated or done on the shop floor however when an opportunity arises where the company can benefit from writing you up or giving you time off they will take it. Those opportunities come from the very place where the union personnel and company have it out for cretin people, or people that are targets. You may say that if you come to work and do your job then you're not a target and I say that is not the case for everyone or most.

I am not asking you to post your personal information that happened with a supervisor, I am only asking you to post the supervisor or manager's name in the thread and if you want to give your account of an issue that happened that was not in your favor then you may and that is up to you. As far as posting names in the forum, the manager's and supervisor's names are all considered public knowledge therefore posting their name is not going to hurt them in anyway.

For example you could say something like:

I had an issue with the afternoon supervisor on the Door line and explain what he/she did and how they acted and what they did or didn't do about your issue or if you got time off or terminated for it. You could also talk about the unfair attendance system and the people that run it up in the DTP building. Why does a plant have so many people coming in with days off in the morning of every day of the week? is it the plant? is it managers or supervisors? what is the problem and how can it be fixed?

This information is nothing new, the UAW knows what is going on in Dearborn but the Union is not on your side anymore, they have a stake in the company. They are pickled by the company and you as a member and they chose to run in the direction of the company. They won't tell you this but it's true. Brothers and sisters if you are currently terminated or out on time off for bogus or unjustified offenses please post something so you have a voice. We all need a voice in this fight and if you can't be heard then nobody can step up to your plate to defend you or help you!.

People in Paint, Body, Trim, Final, Stamping, Engine, wherever you are, please let yourself be heard below.

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

I started this thread because I know there are many people at DTP that have issues with management this includes the other plants like Body Shop, Paint etc etc.

If you have had any type of run ins with management please go ahead and post your complaints or issues that you have had and who the manager was that you had it with. I think that the brothers and sisters should start standing up for what is being done and put it out there so that people know what is going on and who is causing the trouble. There will be a few that will post in this thread making comments like "You should just come to work and do your job" stuff like that, but that is not what I am after. There are legitimate problems in these plants that I see posted here all the time in the forum but it's scattered and should all be posted in one spot. Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights as a worker to stop the daily harassment.

Too many people just keep their heads down because they have an easy job and they are not really effected. This thread is for the "Effected Ones". There are many high issue areas such as Body Shop Door Line for example. Don't let the company push you around. Don't let yourself be harassed. By now you understand that if you have an issue don't take it to your supervisor or the Union because the in plant people will not correct it, so what are you're options you ask? NOT MANY I can tell you that.

The main problem is that there is no accountability weather it be in the Union or in HR. I personally know workers that have gone to HR on people and nothing was investigated or done on the shop floor however when an opportunity arises where the company can benefit from writing you up or giving you time off they will take it. Those opportunities come from the very place where the union personnel and company have it out for cretin people, or people that are targets. You may say that if you come to work and do your job then you're not a target and I say that is not the case for everyone or most.

I am not asking you to post your personal information that happened with a supervisor, I am only asking you to post the supervisor or manager's name in the thread and if you want to give your account of an issue that happened that was not in your favor then you may and that is up to you. As far as posting names in the forum, the manager's and supervisor's names are all considered public knowledge therefore posting their name is not going to hurt them in anyway.

I had an issue with the afternoon supervisor on the Door line and explain what he/she did and how they acted and what they did or didn't do about your issue or if you got time off or terminated for it. You could also talk about the unfair attendance system and the people that run it up in the DTP building. Why does a plant have so many people coming in with days off in the morning of every day of the week? is it the plant? is it managers or supervisors? what is the problem and how can it be fixed?

This information is nothing new, the UAW knows what is going on in Dearborn but the Union is not on your side anymore, they have a stake in the company. They are pickled by the company and you as a member and they chose to run in the direction of the company. They won't tell you this but it's true. Brothers and sisters if you are currently terminated or out on time off for bogus or unjustified offenses please post something so you have a voice. We all need a voice in this fight and if you can't be heard then nobody can step up to your plate to defend you or help you!.

People in Paint, Body, Trim, Final, Stamping, Engine, wherever you are, please let yourself be heard below.

How very little you truely know Chuckie.

HR has overruled management 5 times since July 18th on job bids in body.

The door line jobs are under the dispute matrix (meaning no write ups) and will be re evaluated after the rebalance period is over.

I could go on but why, you are not even in DTP anymore and have not been for years since you left for Saline (maybe your back now who knows).

• Like 1

How very little you truely know Chuckie.

HR has overruled management 5 times since July 18th on job bids in body.

The door line jobs are under the dispute matrix (meaning no write ups) and will be re evaluated after the rebalance period is over.

I could go on but why, you are not even in DTP anymore and have not been for years since you left for Saline (maybe your back now who knows).

I'm not who you think I am, but nice try.

I work at DTP and show me where it says there is a so called "Dispute Matrix" for the Door Line, never heard of anything like that so if you can't produce something in black and white then STFU. If you're saying that nobody can get written up on the door line we just had one guy that took a write up last Tuesday night. Produce something in black and white for the people to see. That would be pretty rotten of the Union to allow such write ups to happen if what you say is true about some block on write ups for that area.

I can solve the problem with those door jobs in 2 minutes. You remove the tracks and have another machine put on hinges before the doors come to the line, you then hoist the doors from the hi-lo parts rack right to the line. You place the nut gun on a hanging pulley ballancer so that nobody hurts their wrist holding on to a 5 pound gun. You eliminate the stupid grey dot stickers and move the sound proofing down elsewhere on the line. Maybe give the sound proofing to one of those idiots that look at the truck under the nice big white lights? hmmm. I would re-arrange line to where you would never get another job complaint or medical call relief again. Oh also eliminate the dirty rat bastard Jim that works over there as a team leader, Top Jimmy the guitar player and the other team leaders over there rat people out and get people written up. Don't be fooled by how nice they may seem. Make sure you pay him for his cookies.... lol

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

I have a complaint at DTP

I come to work, do my job get paid very well at nearly $30 per hour, the best benefits of anyone I know, union protected job security and 3 days off a week. I made the most money ever last year, more than any year ever with the least amount of overtime. I am treated with respect by management and I treat people the same way. I'm no doormat as I raise legitimate issues and get them resolved on my own or with the union if needed.

Whom do I complain to about this terrible set of circumstances?

• Like 5

I come to work, do my job get paid very well at nearly $30 per hour, the best benefits of anyone I know, union protected job security and 3 days off a week. I made the most money ever last year, more than any year ever with the least amount of overtime. I am treated with respect by management and I treat people the same way. I'm no doormat as I raise legitimate issues and get them resolved on my own or with the union if needed.

Damn!! I have the same problems as this guy!!!!!

• Like 2

:hysterical:

• Like 2

Nobody should have to be as unhappy as you. If you don't like it quit. There a 10,000 plus ready and willing to replace you.

• Like 1

You didn't actually think you could post something like that on this site without getting fucked with did you? Most people on here are assholes with rude comments, although some can have an intelligent conversation, right General?lol
  • Like 1

I got an issue with management, it seams like they got their head up their ass, like when we lose people to other shifts, zones, or promotional bids, they sometimes dont give us replacements, making us short handed, and then when they do give us someone it is a heavey set lazy arse medical case like chuckie, i'd rather do two jobs myself than try and teach someone who doesnt want to work, how to do a job. its easier for a camel to fit through thte eye of a needle than ...

• Like 1

I got an issue with management, it seams like they got their head up their ass, like when we lose people to other shifts, zones, or promotional bids, they sometimes dont give us replacements, making us short handed, and then when they do give us someone it is a heavey set lazy arse medical case like chuckie, i'd rather do two jobs myself than try and teach someone who doesnt want to work, how to do a job. its easier for a camel to fit through thte eye of a needle than ...

I can honestly say that "I have no complaints" I feel since HR fired those losers - including "Chucky' things have been buisness as usual.

• Like 3

Went from tools to production at DTP. Never been treated bad. Did my job, avoided the drama, rumors, hesaidshesaid highschool mentality that some like to spew but 99% of my coworkers are great people and I never had a problem with my supervisors, hr or the union. All in all DTP is a decent plant

Just waiting on the postings and where to ship my tools :happy feet:

I dont know who these goofs are that play the medical/absentee game but DTP is good

• Like 1

Went from tools to production at DTP. Never been treated bad. Did my job, avoided the drama, rumors, hesaidshesaid highschool mentality that some like to spew but 99% of my coworkers are great people and I never had a problem with my supervisors, hr or the union. All in all DTP is a decent plant

Just waiting on the postings and where to ship my tools :happy feet:

I dont know who these goofs are that play the medical/absentee game but DTP is good

good luck, see you at the next break down.

• Like 2

I can honestly say that "I have no complaints" I feel since HR fired those losers - including "Chucky' things have been buisness as usual.

Remember that the Union tells these people to go to Medical, so it's not their fault. And wait till you hurt yourself on the line or you can't walk and someone forces you to do something and you have no choice but to walk out the front door to the medical van. I'm sure you been there before but just won't admit it. Or maybe soon you'll get hurt on your job and you'll have to go to medical. Or maybe better yet you'll have someone hurt in your family (possibly die) and then you have to leave.

Hope it all doesn't happen to you but I predict it will.

Duchebag

• Like 1