My NYIAS Photos

Well folks, I went to NYC today and experienced the 2013 Lincoln MKZ in person. It did not disappoint! The front end DOES look better in person, for those who were concerned about the grill and headlights. The design is very cohesive from every angle and the front has details that do not translate well to flat images. The headlights and grill have curves and contours to them that really make them pop. Unlike the current MKZ's front which is quite flat and blunt. The rear is a masterpiece! So few cars have a rear end that is this memorable let alone one that is MORE dramatic, elegant and unique than other angles of the vehicle!!! For the record, there were 3 MKZ's, one of each powertrain. The 2.0 EcoBoost is essentially the base model but this one had AWD and a standard metal roof with a normal-sized moonroof. According to the representative there, a fully loaded one should cost about 4 or 5 grand more than the current model, so about $48,000. It's gonna be tough for me to decide between a loaded hybrid and 3.7 AWD! I guess a test-drive will decide. Those blacked-out rims on the 3.7 give the Lincoln a sporty and aggressive character I haven't seen since the 1984 Mark VII LSC 5.0L!

I am curious if they are offering any other interior colors besides the Light Camel and Black leathers shown. I'm a big fan of the Canyon, Saddle or Umber type color on many luxury interiors today! I'm crossing my fingers on that one because I've seen the MKT and MKX with those interiors and I really like that "burnt orange" look.

I did see the new Lexus ES and Toyota Avalon in person but was so unimpressed that I realize I didn't even take any photos of them. The new Altima is really nice but nothing like the Fusion in ANY way. It's more like a clone of the Maxima than anything else, which is not a bad thing for Altima. The Impala looks like a streched and deformed Passat to me! I found the new Viper a little goofy, cartoon-like but then again I've always felt that way about Vipers! LOL

Edited by hbalek
  • Like 3

Any Escape photos on your list?

I saw the Escape for the first time in January at NAIAS Detroit. I took a lot of pics there but have not uploaded them to Flickr yet. BTW, you can click on this slideshow, if you haven't already, to go to the Flickr page where you can view a full size version of the images or a larger slideshow.

Edited by hbalek

...BTW, you can click on this slideshow, if you haven't already, to go to the Flickr page where you can view a full size version of the images or a larger slideshow.

I viewed the slideshow posted here and just went to your Flickr page, nice photos. I especially like the shots of the Evos. That must have been some incredible looking paint in person. Well done.

I viewed the slideshow posted here and just went to your Flickr page, nice photos. I especially like the shots of the Evos. That must have been some incredible looking paint in person. Well done.

Thanks! The amazing thing is they were all taken with my free HTC Android Incredible 2 which has an 8 megapixel camera!

Edited by hbalek

Great pictures, thanks and i like the way they scroll through in the message thread itself.

I also like that Blue Grey color especially the rear angles. I also really like how they were able to do the center console, how it floats with additional storage below.

Too bad I don't have enough cash for it.

I saw the Escape for the first time in January at NAIAS Detroit. I took a lot of pics there but have not uploaded them to Flickr yet. BTW, you can click on this slideshow, if you haven't already, to go to the Flickr page where you can view a full size version of the images or a larger slideshow.

Great pictures, thank-you. How'd you set up the scrolling feed? :)

Great pictures, thank-you. How'd you set up the scrolling feed? :)

It surprised me too cuz it was automatic. I started a slideshow in Flickr and copied/pasted url into here and it was automatically embedded like that!

Edited by hbalek
  • Like 1

Big TY for the photos, hbalek TY4.gif

think you've taken my fave of the Z so far

7055994125_f6f2be9165_b.jpg

hope you don't mind my posting it fullsize - you just really 'captured' it :D

ps1 got others?: did you happen to take a pic of the inside of the doors?

ps2 are you on facebook?

ps2 are you on facebook?

Really dig those wheels.

ps2 are you on facebook?

Thanks for the compliments! I'm a professional videographer but still photos are harder for me to capture. I don't mind at all that you posted your fave. I could not get inside of the doors because they were locked and even the one on the turnstile were closed. I have pics of the inside of the doors on the concept in D.C. on my Flickr but they are not the same as the production model. I am not on facebook. LOL One of the last, few holdouts...