? for plants closing

vmpp

i'm curious what you guys are being told. not looking for a big argument here just wanting to know what you are being told is going to happen. i'm hoping they open up company wide buyouts and a ton of people take it and everyone gets placed but hey this is ford motor company.

i'm curious what you guys are being told. not looking for a big argument here just wanting to know what you are being told is going to happen. i'm hoping they open up company wide buyouts and a ton of people take it and everyone gets placed but hey this is ford motor company.

:cry: We were told last week when the V.P. of north american operations visited our plant that ford is running out of money for buyouts so my thinking is ford is going to wait till contract negotions to reduce workforce numbers. Now i am told by the jersey transfers that this is the same guy that gave the same meeting to them and two to three months later he came back and annonced that there plant was closing. I am try to get a copy on the tape that the company played on all T.V.s through the whole palnt for five days 24/7 . His name is Joseph Hinrichs he never really answered anyones questions just talked around them and showed on some kind of graph that ford is losing to much money. The mood in our plant is that we are closing not really a big sirprise kind of expected it . He said he would be back in 60 days and let us know . Ford in this round will close parts plants i am thinking that ford in the near future will shed it's SBU all together . I want to know if anyone out there knows this guy and does or has he visited your plant especally the one that are already closing. :runaway::runaway::runaway: :titanic: :titanic:

Edited by cobra6603

As you can read on these forums the hourly workers are not getting information as quickly as they want. I do not believe the management side is getting much official information either from Ford headquarters. I do not think Ford Headquarters knows what their next step is except that Ford is in big trouble and has no choice but make quicker and bigger cuts. There is a lot of blame to go around between the UAW and Management but pointing out faults at this point does not fix a thing.

The UAW just talks propaganda and makes accusations which does not help anyone. Of course they are taking a lot of heat too because of the workers frustration.

"Rumor only" is that workers at Norfolk better get themselves ready by the end of the year to be unemployed. Maybe just one shift by the end of the year but either way the shut down will come sooner than expected. At least there is unemployment for a while although a big pay cut but better than nothing.

:cry: We were told last week when the V.P. of north american operations visited our plant that ford is running out of money for buyouts so my thinking is ford is going to wait till contract negotions to reduce workforce numbers. Now i am told by the jersey transfers that this is the same guy that gave the same meeting to them and two to three months later he came back and annonced that there plant was closing. I am try to get a copy on the tape that the company played on all T.V.s through the whole palnt for five days 24/7 . His name is Joseph Hinrichs he never really answered anyones questions just talked around them and showed on some kind of graph that ford is losing to much money. The mood in our plant is that we are closing not really a big sirprise kind of expected it . He said he would be back in 60 days and let us know . Ford in this round will close parts plants i am thinking that ford in the near future will shed it's SBU all together . I want to know if anyone out there knows this guy and does or has he visited your plant especally the one that are already closing. :runaway::runaway::runaway: :titanic: :titanic:

What plant are you from?

here at mtp we were told no f-150 is coming. it wouldn't be efficiently built here. they said they are pushing hard for a new product but as of right now nothing. losing a shift in september is flying around and also heard all the wayne plants are in trouble although wap is going on 10 hrs. i heard the focus is more than likel;y on the fast track to mexico.

he was at walton hills last week. he said if we dont open the contract like chicago stamping did, then we can forget about any new work. he didnt say closing but definatly no new work. can anyone say WHIPSAWING?

here at mtp we were told no f-150 is coming. it wouldn't be efficiently built here. they said they are pushing hard for a new product but as of right now nothing. losing a shift in september is flying around and also heard all the wayne plants are in trouble although wap is going on 10 hrs. i heard the focus is more than likel;y on the fast track to mexico.

Yeah well that is what they are gonna tell you. They already ran a few through incase you missed it. DTP is supposed to have a town hall friday to talk about the state of the company. Oh and the type of truck they ran was the 8 footer because they wanted to make sure it would work. When you think about it in the long run it makes sense. Navs, expy, f-150 trucks use most parts and as models change that ratio will increase. Plus it cuts costs with 2 plants in the same area....

he was at walton hills last week. he said if we dont open the contract like chicago stamping did, then we can forget about any new work. he didnt say closing but definatly no new work. can anyone say WHIPSAWING?

Whipsawing?? What kind of hillbilly term is that?? I like to call it competition. A term most of the UAW is fearful of doing. It is dog eat dog. Let the best plant survive...

Whipsawing?? What kind of hillbilly term is that?? I like to call it competition. A term most of the UAW is fearful of doing. It is dog eat dog. Let the best plant survive...

whip·saw audio (hwpsô, wp-) KEY

NOUN:

A narrow two-person crosscut saw.

TRANSITIVE VERB:

whip·sawed , whip·sawed or whip·sawn (-sôn) KEY , whip·saw·ing , whip·saws

1. To cut with a whipsaw.

2. Games To win two bets from (a person) at one time, as in faro.

3. To cause to move or alternate rapidly in contrasting directions: "The bond market . . . continues to be whipsawed by fears of rekindled inflation" (Steven E. Levingston).

4. To defeat or best in two ways at once.

Is it a "hillbilly" term just because you're not aware such a word existed?

When I heard our wonderful plant manager say that, I walked out and back to my job. That woman was either flat out lying or didn't have a clue WTF she was talking about.

i just heard that joesph hinrichs is on his way to B.S.P. this week . Keep us informed don't like this guy one bit . Feels like he is breaking the ice for what is comming around the corner which does not look very good.

P.S. where am i from Maumee Stamping . :finger:

whip·saw audio (hwpsô, wp-) KEY

NOUN:

A narrow two-person crosscut saw.

TRANSITIVE VERB:

whip·sawed , whip·sawed or whip·sawn (-sôn) KEY , whip·saw·ing , whip·saws

1. To cut with a whipsaw.

2. Games To win two bets from (a person) at one time, as in faro.

3. To cause to move or alternate rapidly in contrasting directions: "The bond market . . . continues to be whipsawed by fears of rekindled inflation" (Steven E. Levingston).

4. To defeat or best in two ways at once.

Another term for pitting plant against plant saying look what they are doing to keep thier job......whipsawing.

Whipsawing is what destroyed the labor/management relationship at GM during the 1990s and led to the three month strike that cost the company $2 billion.

Well, a Pimp also works at WHSP(walton hills) and this J. Hinrichs seems to truly get around. There was a similar message being driven at OHAP, as I have heard through the grapevine. For us it looks like if the SBU goes then the AP goes or vice-a-versa.

Whipsawing would be the best choice of words my brother. As a Pimp, one thing is for sure....there is no need to resist, because one way or another he will always get what he wants :slap: . Open contract or not Ford holds the high hand this time around and change is only a matter of time. Be strong y'all :rockon: .

I guess we will find out in the next 60 days according to Bill Ford Jr statements on CNBC last thursday. He stated that they will speed things up because the anaylists state fords way forward is not quick enough. And that Trucks and Suv's are not selling because gas is around $3 a gallon. I do not normally watch Fox news with Neil Cavuto but I was channel hopping and seen the CEO for Jet Blue Airlines was on. His company has the one of the highest approval ratings of all airlines and their numbers were not were they were suppose to be. And he stated that oil prices were the problem and that we have more crude than we have ever had and it is the speculators that is causing all the high prices. He thinks they are in with the oil industry and even if the wind changes direction from north to south that is a reason to raise concerns about oil and have it rise even higher. I believe that when oil comes down that we will see Ford's trucks sales along with Suv's resume as they were.

Are you part of Fords Management team? Way to agitate!!!!!! :happy feet: good timing

Or maybe "Manufmanager" is just insecure. I would not be surprised if that is a new title someone at Ford dreamed up to call their son-in-laws best friend after they hired him. I am a Michigan Hillbilly by association,,,,,,,,,,,,,it aint ALL BAD!!!!!! :bandance:

Chubby: Did you try those chicken wings and legs at Buffalo Wild Wings yet? I know you mentioned in another thread that you like to "eat 'em like a muthafucka!"
Are you kidding?? I cracked one of my crowns eating dem wing dings.When I get nervous I eat.Ford has been keeping us stressed for too long.I really dont care anymore.I am taking steps to enable myself to change careers if necessary next spring when they close Wixom.My advice to you is to take advantage of ETAP and PTAP funds.You earned training as part of your wages and benefits.Now is the time!! Im justanogoodFOOD-A-HOLIC!!!! :kuko:

The powers that be at FoMoCo are getting very desparate. They thought that the F-150 strong sales history would carry to the 07 contract, thereby allowing them to negotiate the buyouts into never-never land. Fuel prices, and the resulting sales slump has told them that they better wake up and smell the coffee. Rumor has it that NAP will see buyout info in November. Who knows, it may happen, it may not. We shall see. I for one am not waiting for a handout, as lucrative as it will be provided we get one. I am exploring my options, as I hope everyone is. The American auto industry, as far as American workers are concerned is doomed. It is as I have said before, it is not about profit, rather it is about how MUCH profit can be had. And they are willing to sacrifice American jobs for the sake of profitability. We all know this as fact. They pay a Mexican $5.00 an hour and we make $27.00 an hour. Do the math. With NAFTA as our guiding light, it does not take a scientist to see where this will end up. When all is said and done, and the people that have tasted the blade of greed come out of this bad situation, all I can say is PRESS ON!! We shall survive this, we shall prevail. And for you people that are on this board that are not on the line day in and day out, and naysay us for our opinions on the matter concerning said line, don't enlighten us with your ignorance about how things "ought" to be. You do not know. Nor can you be expected to know. Please do not pretend to know either. The people that work in these plants are a special breed of people. We work in conditions that are foreign to 99% of the work force. ( I can hear the teeth knashing from here ).

Sell the Lions Billy, and use the $$$ for R&D. If you people do not get some product that is marketable, NOW, Ford will be as Olds, Packard, AMC, etc. etc.: Past Tense.

Edited by thegunslinger

Yes you will survive at $16 or less maybe some health insurance with $50 to $100 dollar a week co-pays no vacation or other benefits and on and on. I will bet on two things though, If your a hold or get a union job your dues WILL go up and you will still be covered with union provided legal services.

The powers that be at FoMoCo are getting very desparate. They thought that the F-150 strong sales history would carry to the 07 contract, thereby allowing them to negotiate the buyouts into never-never land. Fuel prices, and the resulting sales slump has told them that they better wake up and smell the coffee. Rumor has it that NAP will see buyout info in November. Who knows, it may happen, it may not. We shall see. I for one am not waiting for a handout, as lucrative as it will be provided we get one. I am exploring my options, as I hope everyone is. The American auto industry, as far as American workers are concerned is doomed. It is as I have said before, it is not about profit, rather it is about how MUCH profit can be had. And they are willing to sacrifice American jobs for the sake of profitability. We all know this as fact. They pay a Mexican $5.00 an hour and we make $27.00 an hour. Do the math. With NAFTA as our guiding light, it does not take a scientist to see where this will end up. When all is said and done, and the people that have tasted the blade of greed come out of this bad situation, all I can say is PRESS ON!! We shall survive this, we shall prevail. And for you people that are on this board that are not on the line day in and day out, and naysay us for our opinions on the matter concerning said line, don't enlighten us with your ignorance about how things "ought" to be. You do not know. Nor can you be expected to know. Please do not pretend to know either. The people that work in these plants are a special breed of people. We work in conditions that are foreign to 99% of the work force. ( I can hear the teeth knashing from here ).

Sell the Lions Billy, and use the $$$ for R&D. If you people do not get some product that is marketable, NOW, Ford will be as Olds, Packard, AMC, etc. etc.: Past Tense.

BRAVO!, well said!

Yes you will survive at $16 or less maybe some health insurance with $50 to $100 dollar a week co-pays no vacation or other benefits and on and on. I will bet on two things though, If your a hold or get a union job your dues WILL go up and you will still be covered with union provided legal services.

NOPE! i wont work there for that!..i would rather work ANYWHERE else....

for more or less!

Let's talk about the legal services. That is supposed to be a contractual benefit. How many people actually use this benefit. Plus we pay taxes on it whether we use it or not. Why not get rid of it, we all know how ineffective they are for difficult situations, divorces, probate, litigation, etc. Get rid of legal services all around the US and put the money back to us, the hourly workers. They never exepected to last a long time anyway. The attorneys practictie assembly line law, "get them, get them out, close the case". Most of the attorneys could not make it in a private practice and are not respected in the legal system. Liguidate and put the money back to the membership. :happy feet: