Focus ST up on build and price. $23,700 base price.

So any chance we'll see Sedan ST in the Focus? :)

I really hope we hear something soon about the Fusion ST...I need a new car next year! :D

Interesting idea. Perhaps more likely then having a 3-dr HB here in NA.

The equipment grouping stairstep on the Focus ST is very sensible. I appreciate the fact that just about all the performance goodies are standard, that the car is manual transmission only, and that frills most driving enthusiasts would consider to be completely unnecessary- like MyFordTouch and leather seating surfaces- can be avoided easily.

Great job, Ford! :happy feet:

The equipment grouping stairstep on the Focus ST is very sensible. I appreciate the fact that just about all the performance goodies are standard, that the car is manual transmission only, and that frills most driving enthusiasts would consider to be completely unnecessary- like MyFordTouch and leather seating surfaces- can be avoided easily.

Great job, Ford! :happy feet:

It's almost like they're listening... :ninja:

Needs AWD and 300 horse and you will then have your Halo small car. I would buy that in a second to replace my STi. A base focus AWD could also become a legitimate alternative in the Pacific Northwest, but only if it matches the 27/36 MPG the new Impreza gets.

• Like 1

Needs AWD and 300 horse and you will then have your Halo small car. I would buy that in a second to replace my STi. A base focus AWD could also become a legitimate alternative in the Pacific Northwest, but only if it matches the 27/36 MPG the new Impreza gets.

That's what the possible RS is for. This is VW GTI and Mazdaspeed 3 territory. Wait til it gets here and driven before jumping to the hi-power AWD.

Hugh, Live in Bellingham and moved from MI. The RS was traditionally front wheel drive and given my experiences with torque steer on other FWD sports cars (210 HP), would prefer AWD. Maybe the torque vecotriIn our areas, AWD would be preferred anyway as you are essentially 'on your own' in the winters. The STI/ former EVO are in a class by themselves and would be great to have a competitor from a manufacturer whose 'volume purchasing' could produce a great performing car at a decent price. Early reviews look good though...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-focus-st-first-ride-feature

I never said AWD was not needed. As mentioned in another thread there is an RS coming. I want to see how ST goes head to head with it's hot hatch competiton. I'm from out East (Maritimes then Ontario then the trek west) orignally and too aware of winter conditions but I can also go up island to ski country for that. A good set of winter performance tires (expensive but worth it) and don't be stupid can still be fun. I want to see how this 'Technological Terror' turns out. If it's in the same price range as a GTI, I'm pulling the trigger.

I never said AWD was not needed. As mentioned in another thread there is an RS coming. I want to see how ST goes head to head with it's hot hatch competiton. I'm from out East (Maritimes then Ontario then the trek west) orignally and too aware of winter conditions but I can also go up island to ski country for that. A good set of winter performance tires (expensive but worth it) and don't be stupid can still be fun. I want to see how this 'Technological Terror' turns out. If it's in the same price range as a GTI, I'm pulling the trigger.

thx for the condolances Hugh. Back on topic, theres NO reason for Ford to adress AWD with this vehicle, its going for the meat of the market, not the people residing in the snow belt.I cant wait to hear the LSD stalwarts having their smirks wiped when the car doesnt cook brakes and tires...I mean SERIOUSLY, they dont think Ford would test for that?......
  • Like 1

To clear the air, I suggest everyone check out the marketing director interview. She was pretty switched on and not much of a BS artist. She knows her audience. One quote was along the line of the Torque-Vectoring system is designed to behave like an LSD. the difference is we use "Ones and Zeros" opposed to the mechanical parts of the LSD.

Sure some new-fangled technology will piss off the purists and DIY'ers but look at the last 20 years of increased size, REQUIRED safety features and content.

ST will compete and probably have the upper-hand against it's competition.

As for the Fiesta ST. I think there's still a market here. This model can be built in limited numbers and as required for orders. Make it a 5 door model for NA. It'd probably be easier anyway.

Edited by Hugh