I just got home from the dealership after ordering my 2013 Fusion Hybrid (deep impact blue, charcoal cloth interior, SE hybrid technology package) using my wife's Z-Plan pricing.

I'm stoked about the order. We drove and loved the 2012, but are very excited about the 2013 exterior and the improved mileage and fold down rear seats.

According to dealer estimated delivery date is Oct 10. I even got a letter from the sales director allowing me to take back my deposit if it isn't delivered by the end of October, so I feel like Oct 10 must be a pretty good bet. Has anyone else ordered? What are you hearing as estimated delivery dates?

Anyone know how to read the top portion of my order confirmation? It reads order number 01, Priority 10, tag 000z000, price level 315. What do these items mean?

• Like 1

I just got home from the dealership after ordering my 2013 Fusion Hybrid (deep impact blue, charcoal cloth interior, SE hybrid technology package) using my wife's Z-Plan pricing.

I'm stoked about the order. We drove and loved the 2012, but are very excited about the 2013 exterior and the improved mileage and fold down rear seats.

According to dealer estimated delivery date is Oct 10. I even got a letter from the sales director allowing me to take back my deposit if it isn't delivered by the end of October, so I feel like Oct 10 must be a pretty good bet. Has anyone else ordered? What are you hearing as estimated delivery dates?

Anyone know how to read the top portion of my order confirmation? It reads order number 01, Priority 10, tag 000z000, price level 315. What do these items mean?

As far as the deposit being refundable, that's because they know they can sell it to someone else - has nothing to do with whether it will actually arrive by Oct. 10 or not. They're just trying to make you feel special.

Priority 10 is the best you can get. It means yours will be built before any other Fusions going to that dealer.

With a new vehicle nobody knows exactly when they'll start shipping. They start building them and they have to go 5 consecutive days without any type of problem before they give the OK to buy. The already built vehicles have to be inspected, fixed if necessary, then shipped. I believe they'll only make dealer stock orders before OK to buy so that should help. But honestly it could be a month either way just depending on how the launch goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ordered my Fusion Hybrid (also Deep Impact Blue) abnout the same time - first day they could place orders. My dealer let me use one of his "stock" orders as these will be delivered first. I keep reminding them, as it is supposed to have my name tagged on it (a bit of a risky strategy) and I don't want it going to someone else!

Their best estimate is the end of September. Fusions are still being built in Mexico (soon to move to Flat Rock, MI), so they will take a while to get to dealers in the Midwest.

Can't wait for this vehicle! We average about 40 MPG on our 2010 Milan Hybrid and I am betting we can do at least 45 bwith this one! Also have a 2006 Honda Hybrid (to be sold), that averages about 45, so here we have a much more substantial car, with all the bells and whistles, with the same great mileage and it's a Ford!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my Titanium! They said 4-6 weeks but they didn't seem too confident on that estimate.

How long until I can expect a VIN?

It will most likely take longer than 4-6 weeks. I ordered my Titanium August 29th. My build date is scheduled for 10/15. I should get the car the end of October or early November.

I got my vin about 3 weeks after my order, and I had to get it from dman on this site because my salesman has shown little interest in tracking the car for me.

It will most likely take longer than 4-6 weeks. I ordered my Titanium August 29th. My build date is scheduled for 10/15. I should get the car the end of October or early November.

I got my vin about 3 weeks after my order, and I had to get it from dman on this site because my salesman has shown little interest in tracking the car for me.

Dang, I wonder how far back mine is in line then.

I'll see if I have a VIN yet, it has been two weeks.

It's been almost 6 weeks for me with my Titanium, and I have yet to see a VIN, lol. Gotta start hounding my dealer. I was told about 8weeks myself, but that would put me in the second week of Oct, as I said earlier, I highly doubt it. Unless the guy is getting a kick out of the lack of communication.

I ordered mine on 8/30. Just got an e-mail from my salesman yesterday saying that Ford has accepted the order but there is no estimated build date as of yet. He told me 8-12 weeks and today is 4 weeks. I'm thinking it will definitely go past 8 weeks. How would I get in touch with dman to see if he can help with additional information?

I ordered my Fusion Hybrid on 8/27. Grey with black leather interior and fully loaded except for parking assist. I call once a week on Fridays because I don't want to constantly hassle the dealer. Today they told me they still don't have a scheduled build date for it but that they should know more by next Tuesday. I hope it is soon.

That jibes with what I've been told also. I ordered my Fusion on 8/30. Here is what my dealer sent me a couple of days ago. He told me my order has been accepted by Ford and when I asked about a VIN I got the following reply.

The next step is they issue a "Estimated Production Date". That's when the vehicle is expected to be on the line and being built. It's when they issue a "Production Date" that we will get a VIN number for the vehicle. Most of the time (Not always though) the "Estimated Build Date" and the "Production Date" are issued at the same time.

They call it an "Estimated Production Date" because it's figured for the week. For Example, Vehicles with an Estimated Production Date of "September 26st" are being built between Sunday Sept 23rd and Saturday Sept 29th.

• 1 month later...