Affordable Health Care Act

Fatso

Wrong!!!! My wife & son will cancel both of those out :-) Keep trying you uneducated robots of the UAW....Let someone else think for you and tell you how to vote....unbelievable.

The only uneducated, are the Republican and Fox news Koolaid drinkers. Keep voting for the Koch brothers party and see were your wages are in the future. My wife and daughter will cancel your wife and son, my 2 other daughters will put us 2 up.

• Like 1

Wrong!!!! My wife & son will cancel both of those out :-) Keep trying you uneducated robots of the UAW....Let someone else think for you and tell you how to vote....unbelievable.

Sooooooooooo...because I don't think the way you do I'm an uneducated robot? Really? That sounds like a very pompous attitude...you fit right in with the reputards. Anyone, yes even you dumbass, that works for the auto industry and even considers voting "repubican" is either racist or delusional. There how's that? Now go back to "clickondetroit" so I can lambaste your ignant azz over there too! And STOP POSTING ON COMPANY TIME!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! =D

Edited by Pulse

Sooooooooooo...because I don't think the way you do I'm an uneducated robot? Really? That sounds like a very pompous attitude...you fit right in with the reputards. Anyone, yes even you dumbass, that works for the auto industry and even considers voting "repubican" is either racist or delusional. There how's that? Now go back to "clickondetroit" so I can lambaste your ignant azz over there too! And STOP POSTING ON COMPANY TIME!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! =D

Pulse, Pulse, Pulse..... Dumbass really?? Anyone that works for the auto industry and doesnt vote like you is a racist???? The only DUMBASS is you, I work for the auto industry I vote my mind for my family and what is right. That DUMBASS in the white house has to go. Hey gee wizz I'm in a multi racial relationship with a white woman, so I must be delusional. Maybe you should have your PULSE checked, sounds like your BRAIN DEAD, LOL

Pulse, Pulse, Pulse..... Dumbass really?? Anyone that works for the auto industry and doesnt vote like you is a racist???? The only DUMBASS is you, I work for the auto industry I vote my mind for my family and what is right. That DUMBASS in the white house has to go. Hey gee wizz I'm in a multi racial relationship with a white woman, so I must be delusional. Maybe you should have your PULSE checked, sounds like your BRAIN DEAD, LOL

LOL! Look brother...I don't care if you're a Mormon or if you have multi girlfriends of different nationality's...it's all good. But I do know this...your SALARY azz would be out of a job if the "dumbazz" wasn't in the White House. Maybe that's why you like Romney...he has multi relations too! Hahahahahahahaha! =D

Ford Motor pays around $7,000 a year per employee for medical insurance?Under the AHCA companies with 50 or more employees can either offer health insurance or pay a $2,000 per employee fine.Dont take much of a 'bean counter' to figure out how to save the company money.I wonder whats hidden in those thousands of pages in the way of new taxes.Wonder how many large international corporations like McDonalds and Wal-Mart will get an exemption for their hundreds of thousands of employees.I wonder what heathcare will look like 5 years from now.What is your opinion?

There isn't anything hiding anywhere. The law has been available on the net for around 2 years. You have the Internet because your posting here. Also Ford does not pay $7,000 per employee per anum, and anyone who works at Ford knows your full of it, because the cost of medical is written on their annual income statements.

So this is what we know;

You don't work at Ford, your lazy, and your misinformed. I don't give a shi what it costs, me personally, we will all have coverage. My children will benefit from it. They will have coverage not because I provide it, but because it will be available to them directly, and not under my plan. If I want to see someone cut, it would be people who refuse to work, unfortunately blocking this bill won't stop them from getting it. They already have it, and have for years. This bill is about people who work every day, and don't have coverage provided to them. It's also about forcing employers who restrict their employees hours to keep from having to provide their employees with it.

My children will have medical, you will help us fund it, and the law will stand. To all those that dubbed the bill Obama care, your gonna regret it. He will be named a national hero in time the same as Pearson is in Canada. It is a moral, and ethical subject, less then an economical issue. Attaching Obama's name to it gives him direct credit once people know what it is. So go ahead and video tape a Canadian official paid by the medical industry to cross the border for care, while the Canadians sit back and laugh at your ignorance!

Furious....I'm concerned you may be jumping to conclusions as far as the affordable care act is concerned....I am of the opinion that this law will empower the business world to drop medical coverage to their employees...pay the $2000 fine per employee...and save much money....This law ....in my opinion was written to benefit business....not citizens like you and I....Politicians take care of special interests....and voters are not special...We are being enticed with expanded insurance options ....but the law was written to benefit business and insurance companies....neither of us will know the true benefits of this law for a few years down the road. We need to keep a very close eye on this law and change it quick if it doesn't do what the proponents say it will....we should all have the same insurance coverage....and it should be better then Ford/UAW retiree insurance...otherwise the poor still won't be able to go to the doctor.....

just my opinion

And who would this affect? Not you and I because we are unionized, and bargain for our benefits, the same for police, fire, and all government workers. It won't affect management, cause they are under salary, or contract agreements. So the people who might be affected by the $2,000 coverage are the people that don't have any now. A government waiver of compliance is a temporary license to allow companies to find methods to institute new regulation. Compliance must be met at a specified time later. Of coarse If businesses are allowed them initially, in the long run they will pay just like the rest of us.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm not really following what you are trying to say....I don't think you are so naive that you think our politicians are working their butts off to help the average Joe...are you? The last time our government told the American citizens that they had a program that would fix poverty...we got welfare from LBJ...this was to eliminate the poor, but what we got was legislation that has kept the poor from advancing...The recipients are encouraged to NOT get married .....to have MORE kids....and they will get MORE money. The ACA will make perfect economic sense to the business world....Why pay for insurance for our employees....the government just gave us an out...now all we have to pay is $2000 per employee per year....that sure beats the rising cost of insurance for employers....I know that there are people out there that need this legislation because of pre-existing conditions....there must be a better way...I know you are not in our industry anymore but please don't lump autoworkers in with government employees...You will see in the next round of any union negotiations that medical insurance will be VERY much the number 1 topic of discussion...now the company can eliminate their perceived obligation to provide coverage. Salary will be hit first, and hourly next....You're old enough to have seen this happen before....why the blinders?

There is nothing to get. If a business owner who employs more the 50 people fails to provide coverage then they will be fined $2,000 per head, that does not mean that, that employee goes without coverage, they will be on the government plan. Companies applying for waivers might get a pass initially if they meet certain criteria, but they will have to be compliant by a future detonate date. They don't get a perminant exemption. My current employer had to apply for a waiver for EPA regulation, it was allowed, but they have to bring their equipment in compliance by 2014. They are not perminantly exempt, or grandfathered. This angle if obfuscated. The owner of this company is personal friends with the brass on the hill too. Joe Biden's family and several unnamed senateors were guests of some events we held last year. That still does not buy my Boss a perminant exemption to government regulation.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Furious....I'm concerned you may be jumping to conclusions as far as the affordable care act is concerned....I am of the opinion that this law will empower the business world to drop medical coverage to their employees...pay the $2000 fine per employee...and save much money....This law ....in my opinion was written to benefit business....not citizens like you and I....Politicians take care of special interests....and voters are not special...We are being enticed with expanded insurance options ....but the law was written to benefit business and insurance companies....neither of us will know the true benefits of this law for a few years down the road. We need to keep a very close eye on this law and change it quick if it doesn't do what the proponents say it will....we should all have the same insurance coverage....and it should be better then Ford/UAW retiree insurance...otherwise the poor still won't be able to go to the doctor.....

just my opinion

Why would a business who provides coverage now and is not forced to drop their coverage and pay the $2000 dollar per head fine. Why don't they drop it know because no one is forcing them to provide coverage unless they have a labor agreement of which insurance is one of the negotiated benifits.

Why would a business who provides coverage now and is not forced to drop their coverage and pay the $2000 dollar per head fine. Why don't they drop it know because no one is forcing them to provide coverage unless they have a labor agreement of which insurance is one of the negotiated benifits.

The way I see it is....the ACA opened the door for employers to reduce benefits. Most if not all employers will drop medical because their competitors have dropped theirs...just like wages, once one major employer is able to stop the trend of yearly wage increases, they all stop....ie the auto industry....no increases in what...9 years....and if you haven't noticed the rest of the manufacturing sector is also at a wage standstill. It would have been very hard for any manufacturer to get away with this benefit loss prior to the ACA ....Even if you don't believe this premise....what are your negotiators going to have to give up to compensate the company for the difference between the $2000 penalty and the ever changing cost of insurance...

just my opinion

• Like 1

The way I see it is....the ACA opened the door for employers to reduce benefits. Most if not all employers will drop medical because their competitors have dropped theirs...just like wages, once one major employer is able to stop the trend of yearly wage increases, they all stop....ie the auto industry....no increases in what...9 years....and if you haven't noticed the rest of the manufacturing sector is also at a wage standstill. It would have been very hard for any manufacturer to get away with this benefit loss prior to the ACA ....Even if you don't believe this premise....what are your negotiators going to have to give up to compensate the company for the difference between the $2000 penalty and the ever changing cost of insurance...

just my opinion

But why would they provide it now. This will only affect the ones that don't provide it now, they will have to pay something.

IMO... the IUAW has already reduced the retires heath benefits, they will throw us to the wolves first chance they get. So how can they stop The Big Three from doing it. Heathcare as we know it is no more!

Edited by jam

IMO... the IUAW has already reduced the retires heath benefits, they will throw us to the wolves first chance they get. So how can they stop The Big Three from doing it. Heathcare as we know it is no more!

I think with the election in '08 and the upholding of the mandate being constitutional, our fate has been sealed. Our President thinks he knows what we should have for health insurance. I just don't know how this marketplace for insurance is going to work since the Democrats won't allow insurance companies to sell across state lines....

Furious one auto----Hope you enjoy waiting behind Rosalita and her 9 adorable children at the Medicaid clinic!I thought you were better than typing insults on the internet but I was wrong.Ouch!Two questions I was trying to find answers to about ACA.One,how much will my taxes go up because nothing is free,especially healthcare.Two, how will the new government option work?That`s all.You know that George W. Bush signed into law a Farm Bill that allows people physically in the USA to receive a Bridge Card\Food Stamps without proving US citizenship?So now the USA working-class taxpayer is responsible for paying for food for the planet!Think the same cannot happen to healthcare?I expect Ford to throw us all into the public option and pay a $2,000 fine or maybe let you keep BCBS but you pay the difference for it.2700 pages of law that we first have to pass to find out whats in it?Now whats so important?Im fat?Im lazy?Im stuuuupid?Go back to grade school and get a diploma,Furious.

Edited by Fatso

What scares me about the government running healthcare is fraud and abuse.I notice a trend of government programs and policies that pit one group {usually the payers}against another group {usually the takers} that enrich business and leave taxpayers with the bill.Case in point the housing crisis,the student loan program,food stamps etc.etc.The elite {like bankers}dont care because not only do they benefit financially from these taxpayer funded programs they live in a different world.Think if Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions blows out a knee he will fill out paperwork while waiting in a government clinic?Yes,something needed to be done about healthcare and only time will tell if the ACA is good or bad.Hey Nick,,,,,sue me,I got political and by the way,,,,I cancel my membership.Have fun with you little emoticons!

Edited by Fatso