MyFord Touch is Still Not Right for 2013

Too bad - I hope Ford resolves this as soon as they can. The Escape launch has had enough issues already.

No matter what any of the apologists say, MFT is still an issue and something to be avoided until better feedback from existing customers.

Consider me an apologist then. Is MFT perfect? Nope. Do I prefer it to the manual controls in previous vehicles I have owned? Yup. Would I still buy my Edge knowing all of the issues it did/would have? Absolutely.

The only real MFT issue I have isn't even a MFT issue, it's a Nav issue...it loads slow as crap if you try to enter a destination right after you start the car. Other than a few other minor hiccups, it has been a solid user experience.

I'll finish by saying what I've said in every other thread that lambasts MFT: Is it perfect? No. Does Ford say it's perfect? No. Does it still need work? Yes. Is Ford still working on it? Yes. What more can be done?

Consider me an apologist then. Is MFT perfect? Nope. Do I prefer it to the manual controls in previous vehicles I have owned? Yup. Would I still buy my Edge knowing all of the issues it did/would have? Absolutely.

The only real MFT issue I have isn't even a MFT issue, it's a Nav issue...it loads slow as crap if you try to enter a destination right after you start the car. Other than a few other minor hiccups, it has been a solid user experience.

I'll finish by saying what I've said in every other thread that lambasts MFT: Is it perfect? No. Does Ford say it's perfect? No. Does it still need work? Yes. Is Ford still working on it? Yes. What more can be done?

If you bought a laptop/PC/phone/tablet would you tolerate the same types of issues being reported with MFT ??

If you bought a laptop/PC/phone/tablet would you tolerate the same types of issues being reported with MFT ??

I have to download patches and updates for my computers and phones all the time, so uhh yeah, I guess I do. Is your computer the exact same as it was the day it came out of the box or something, because that would be, frankly, miraculous (or entirely unsecure).

Edited by NickF1011

I have to download patches and updates for my computers and phones all the time, so uhh yeah, I guess I do. Is your computer the exact same as it was the day it came out of the box or something, because that would be, frankly, miraculous (or entirely unsecure).

Interesting perspective........

If a laptop behaved the same way as the reported issues with MFT, almost every consumer would be back at the point of purchase to either demand a new one or a full refund.

If a laptop behaved the same way as the reported issues with MFT, almost every consumer would be back at the point of purchase to either demand a new one or a full refund.

:headscratch:

I work in the IT field. I don't think you could be more wrong there. Early adopters of technology almost expect there to be problems with their products. As long as those problems are eventually corrected (which most MFT problems have been), the vast majority will have few complaints at all.

I mean really, the second version of MFT compared to the original is a freaking night-and-day difference. Is it perfect yet? Nope, and as with most software, it probably never will be.

Edited by NickF1011

Does working in the IT field equate to "I understand the expectations of the average consumer?"

No - they are quite separate.

No. Dealing with those customers almost every day for the past 8 years does though.

Pulling fuses on a brand new Ford is inexcusable.

And I agree. Did I say it was okay? No. I didn't. I said the system is not perfect and there are still issues that need to be corrected, which Ford is trying to do. It would be one thing if Ford said "too bad, we're not trying to address that", but that's simply not the case.

For the record though, I've never had to pull a fuse once, and neither have most MFT owners.

So you expect every vehicle ever made to be perfect in every way 100% of the time?

Your expectations are unrealistic.

Nobody is apologizing for Ford for MFT - it was a total CF and still isn't where it needs to be from a reliability perspective.

But it's not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be either. If you took a poll right now of MFT owners (of which I am one along with Nick) you'd find that at least 95% of owners are having either no issues or only minor issues and are ok with it. The other 5% are having serious problems that still need to be addressed.

Try to keep it in perspective.

So you expect every vehicle ever made to be perfect in every way 100% of the time?

Your expectations are unrealistic.

Nobody is apologizing for Ford for MFT - it was a total CF and still isn't where it needs to be from a reliability perspective.

But it's not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be either. If you took a poll right now of MFT owners (of which I am one along with Nick) you'd find that at least 95% of owners are having either no issues or only minor issues and are ok with it. The other 5% are having serious problems that still need to be addressed.

Try to keep it in perspective.

I don't think he is expecting 100% perfection. Technology is getting pretty good these days, but still once upon a blue moon I will have my Android phone freeze up or my iPad become unresponsive for a few seconds. I would expect a few little quirks like this when it comes to technology, however fuse pulling on a regular basis is not really an acceptable solution. Ford has admitted that my SYNC software does have a bug, however I have been waiting so long for an update and so tired of pulling a fuse that I'm just about ready to quit using my iPod in the vehicle.

I know you get upset when I or anyone else has complaints about the system, but believe me as an owner it is frustrating. It's not so bad that I would cross Ford off my list when I go to purchase another vehicle, but it does make me skeptical when it comes to SYNC and MFT. If it was only me having the problem I'd just blame myself and move on, but there are so many people over on the syncmyride forum with the same problem that seems to effect 2011 and newer vehicles.

I'm ready for you to get mad at me and tell me I am not patient, but I'm telling you that as far as I am concerned Ford has moved on with the newer systems and forgotten about the older ones. I hope the same doesn't happen for people with the new MFT systems after a couple years if problems persist. Still waiting...

I don't think he is expecting 100% perfection. Technology is getting pretty good these days, but still once upon a blue moon I will have my Android phone freeze up or my iPad become unresponsive for a few seconds. I would expect a few little quirks like this when it comes to technology, however fuse pulling on a regular basis is not really an acceptable solution. Ford has admitted that my SYNC software does have a bug, however I have been waiting so long for an update and so tired of pulling a fuse that I'm just about ready to quit using my iPod in the vehicle.

I know you get upset when I or anyone else has complaints about the system, but believe me as an owner it is frustrating. It's not so bad that I would cross Ford off my list when I go to purchase another vehicle, but it does make me skeptical when it comes to SYNC and MFT. If it was only me having the problem I'd just blame myself and move on, but there are so many people over on the syncmyride forum with the same problem that seems to effect 2011 and newer vehicles.

I'm ready for you to get mad at me and tell me I am not patient, but I'm telling you that as far as I am concerned Ford has moved on with the newer systems and forgotten about the older ones. I hope the same doesn't happen for people with the new MFT systems after a couple years if problems persist. Still waiting...

We know it's frustrating, but people keep starting these threads as if they have something unique and new to add that Ford (and the rest of the world) is not already abundently aware of.

Edited by NickF1011

actually, at least add some drama to that knee jerk reaction...ITS THE END OF THE WORLD....sheesh, whilst its an annoyance it can be a quick fix on ANY brand of vehicle displaying an electruical glitch along the same lines as dis-connecting the battery. So, trip to the dealer or quick fix...YOUR choice....are both incovienient, sure, one more than the other ...sure...acceptable?....no, but ones reaction is reflective of how much emphasis is placed on said subject. When vehicles have become as demanded and as complex as they are, one HAS TO accept possible consequences Edited by Deanh

so your computer is obviously FLAWLESS...right? you must be blessed....

No. Dealing with those customers almost every day for the past 8 years does though.

And I agree. Did I say it was okay? No. I didn't. I said the system is not perfect and there are still issues that need to be corrected, which Ford is trying to do. It would be one thing if Ford said "too bad, we're not trying to address that", but that's simply not the case.

For the record though, I've never had to pull a fuse once, and neither have most MFT owners.

IT is like Medicine. Someone can say "I work in IT," or "I work in Medicine." Both fields are so vast that to use the catch all title can led to some issues.

Look at the original posters issues. Are those acceptable? Is having to pull a fuse acceptable in a vehicle that is supposed to be the recipient of updates to prior known issues?

I made reference to how this would be an issue for someone who bought a laptop. Now wrap a $35,000+ vehicle around it.

Edited by MarkFive

IT is like Medicine. Someone can say "I work in IT," or "I work in Medicine." Both fields are so vast that to use the catch all title can led to some issues.

Look at the original posters issues. Are those acceptable? Is having to pull a fuse acceptable in a vehicle that is supposed to be the recipient of updates to prior known issues?

I made reference to how this would be an issue for someone who bought a laptop. Now wrap a $35,000+ vehicle around it.

I don't recall anyone here ever saying that the last update cured every single problem MFT ever had or will have, only that it is a vast improvement over the previous iteration, which is undeniable.

This sums up every single thing on this board. What posters say and what the moderator and his fan base reply.

You have a strange kind of comprehension. I didn't know that "the moderator" had a "fan base". Posters say all sorts of things; some of 'em are logical, and some are easily comprehended, unlike, say, your post, where you contend that "This sums up every single thing on this board". "Every single thing". Yeah right. :finger:

This sums up every single thing on this board. What posters say and what the moderator and his fan base reply.

yep, pulling a fuse or replacing a lightbulb is about as MAJOR a job as a service technician can have, may have to leave the car here for at least a month or so, do you need a loaner?....am I saying its right?, absolutely not, but attempting to possibly save a trip to the dealer by spending 10 minutes of my EXTREMELY valuable time seems like a no brainer to me...sorry, but youre coming off as a spolied, "cater to me " brat.

Havent said its acceptable, but I applaud an individual with the gumption to attempt to rectify the issue first...I would do exactly the same.....

You have a strange kind of comprehension. I didn't know that "the moderator" had a "fan base". Posters say all sorts of things; some of 'em are logical, and some are easily comprehended, unlike, say, your post, where you contend that "This sums up every single thing on this board". "Every single thing". Yeah right. :finger:

Fan Boy # 3

I too would never give up MFT/MLT, despite its flaws. The last update proved significant progress is being made and the system is actually very usable with a top-notch Nav UI. There are still many features that don't work as advertised, namely anything to do with the USB ports and Bluetooth audio, that is minefield of troubles which I've long since given up on.

interestingly squewed perspective there, "fan" base????????? seriously, Richard and i have had our backwards and forwards for sure...didnt know I should be sending flowers....