MFT update up again on syncmyride

inswva

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2 is showing up again on Syncmyride.com. I know it was up for a day or two earlier this month and was then pulled. From what I can tell, it was pulled from the site for Escape and Focus owners. Some of the Focus guys that loaded 3.2.2 before it was pulled were reporting problems with climate control not working from the MFT screen after updating.

Did anyone update to 3.2.2 since the update was put back up? I'm trying to download it now without any luck. It keeps telling me the download failed indicating that my flash drive doesn't have sufficient space (a clean formatted 4GB drive BTW). If anyone has updated, please let us know how it is working (or not working).

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2 is showing up again on Syncmyride.com. I know it was up for a day or two earlier this month and was then pulled. From what I can tell, it was pulled from the site for Escape and Focus owners. Some of the Focus guys that loaded 3.2.2 before it was pulled were reporting problems with climate control not working from the MFT screen after updating.

Did anyone update to 3.2.2 since the update was put back up? I'm trying to download it now without any luck. It keeps telling me the download failed indicating that my flash drive doesn't have sufficient space (a clean formatted 4GB drive BTW). If anyone has updated, please let us know how it is working (or not working).

I had an issue with it copying to one of my thumb drives as well. Tried a different one and it worked fine. Haven't loaded this update yet though.

After some further poking around on the community section of syncmyride and also the outofmytouch.com website, it appears that 3.2.2 is still breaking the climate quadrant on MFT for Focus owners. I haven't seen any specific reports for the 2013 Escape yet but I'm inclined to hold off for awhile. It's pretty disappointing that Ford can't provide stable software for this system.

I'm on 3.0.2 and the only problems I have so far are random time resets and occasionally losing the text on the Sirius presets. Both are minor annoyances that I can live with for the time being.

• Like 1

It's pretty disappointing that Ford can't provide stable software for this system.

If these are your only issues, sounds pretty stable to me.

I'm on 3.0.2 and the only problems I have so far are random time resets and occasionally losing the text on the Sirius presets. Both are minor annoyances that I can live with for the time being.

Still a ways to go to correct everything but it's also a ways from where it used to be.

If these are your only issues, sounds pretty stable to me.

NickF1011's world: Broken climate quadrant when it worked in the previous version. [better yet insert any issue with MFT] "No issue, pretty stable, deal with it, better than before, maybe fixed later"

Do you ever think about what you are saying? It's OK and normal for a manufacture to break something or take away functionality because they may fix it in the next update in 6 months to a year? Jeez.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 1

NickF1011's world: Broken climate quadrant when it worked in the previous version. [better yet insert any issue with MFT] "No issue, pretty stable, deal with it, better than before, maybe fixed later"

Do you ever think about what you are saying? It's OK and normal for a manufacture to break something or take away functionality because they may fix it in the next update in 6 months to a year? Jeez.

:rolleyes:

Do you have a MyFord Touch radar that goes off every time I dare make a somewhat positive comment about it?

And by all means, skip over the part of my post where again I say it still needs improvement.

In what world does "Still a ways to go to correct everything" equal "No issue, pretty stable, deal with it"? I understand you hate your MFT, but seriously, you don't have to try to piss on everyone who, frankly, isn't having very many issues with it at all.

Edited by NickF1011

Yeah, I'm going to hold off for the next update... whenever that may happen to be. Obviously, some of us have different interpretations of "stable". I know I'm not the only one who expects a fully working, tested product on a new, not inexpensive vehicle. I also expect software updates to fix things, not break them. I don't appreciate the consumer base being the "beta" testers for MFT. I won't be surprised if Ford pulls the update from the website again. By re-releasing it I reasonably expected that the bugs would have been eliminated. As an IT guy I'm acutely aware that issues may be present with any software and subsequent updates. But, releasing known buggy software to the end user is negligent at best.

With that said, I do enjoy MFT and it does some things very well. I'm a long time Ford customer and don't anticipate the problems with MFT changing my brand loyalty. However, I shouldn't be expected to just "deal with it" (I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth here, just frustrated by Ford's lack of software QC).

Edited by inswva
  • Like 1

I am so glad I can use the HVAC hard buttons and the steering wheel controls to run the radio. And I am also glad to be so old skool that I use my phone to only talk (no interest in Bluetooth). I can appreciate the conveniences that are possible when things work right, but the frustrations when they don't are something I am able to personally avoid. It will be interesting to see what all these high tech cars are like and how much crap no longer works (at all) when they get to be 10 to 15 years old

It will be interesting to see what all these high tech cars are like and how much crap no longer works (at all) when they get to be 10 to 15 years old

You mean like cars for the past 50 years with A/C, flip-up headlights, tape players, 8-tracks, etc that no longer work after extended periods of time? Of course things are going to break eventually. Always have, always will.

Reports are trickling in on one of the Focus boards that some folks are able to update with no problems regarding the climate quadrant. No commonality between the successful updates has been established.

How many of the folks with problems tried to install the unofficial version before it was officially available?

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. Out of curiosity, was the climate control system running (A/C on?) when you did the update? One of the successful Focus updaters indicated he was actively running the climate control during the update.

edit: also, do the voice controls for climate still work after the update?

Edited by inswva

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. Out of curiosity, was the climate control system running (A/C on?) when you did the update? One of the successful Focus updaters indicated he was actively running the climate control during the update.

Hmmm. That's weird. If I recall when I did updates on my Edge, it would turn all that stuff off before loading anything.

The Community section of syncmyride now has at least one '13 Escape updated successfully. I'm almost tempted to pull the trigger now.

However, I can't download the update, lol. No matter which computer I use (two different Win7 machines) or flash drive (8GB Sandisk Cruzer, 4GB Kingston something-or-other, 4GB microSD in a USB reader) the download process fails at the same point. It will write the autoinstall.lst file and the SyncMyRide folder, along with several update .cab files before it errors out. The same amount of .cab files are copied on each attempt. All the drives are formatted and empty.

Maybe it's trying to tell me I really don't want to update.

Question, can you do this update with either a USB thumb drive or SD card?

Update is performed with a USB flash drive.

Good news! Curiosity got the better of me and I was able to download and apply the update. For me at least, it did *not* break the climate quadrant. I didn't play with it too much after the upgrade but as far as I can tell, everything works and outside temp is now displayed next to the clock on the MFT screen. I was also able to confirm the update on syncmyride.

I've yet to see a failed installation report for the '13 Escape, only for the Focus. However, proceed with caution with the understanding that problems may arise with the update. Caveat emptor.

Edited by inswva

edit: also, do the voice controls for climate still work after the update?

I had the climate controls off, didn't feel like sucking more gas while it had to sit there idle for 30minutes to install the update, and it was a nice cool day out. :)

I haven't tried the voice yet, I'll have to try that out tonight.

I have the same issue with mine. If you find resolution for it, please let me know. I called into customer service and noted this one among other things.

Is it possible that there is still an unread message in your SMS list somewhere? On my Android I can clear the new SMS notification without actually opening the message, so in the message list it still shows as unread. Perhaps it is transferring that to MFT? Just a thought.