MFT update up again on syncmyride

inswva

Is it possible that there is still an unread message in your SMS list somewhere? On my Android I can clear the new SMS notification without actually opening the message, so in the message list it still shows as unread. Perhaps it is transferring that to MFT? Just a thought.

Hey Nick,that did the trick! Although,I already read all the messages and my phone indicated as such, re-opening them took care of the issue.Probably because my phone isnt on the confirmed compatable phone list.Thanx again!

I just logged in to syncmyride and the update was no longer available.

Yep, they pulled it.

Glad to hear! Might want to try the same thing, svtenthusiast!

Thanks for the suggestion, I have a basic flip phone so there is not much to it. The only way to get rid of the issue is to delete all the messages in the phone's inbox.

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord

Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:

*Missing radio preset text

*Radio stays on key off after opening the door

*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

This is what makes the whole MFT debacle even worse....they hide and tighten up so there are no answers and people get even more upset.

Apple just came out and admitted to their mistake on their maps program in the new iOS. In this case, a large company admits fault, takes the blame for their actions, gives alternative means to get by until they can resolve the issue.

Ford: Releases and update, recends the update, releases the same update, recends the update. People have broken their system from the update. No word what happened to the update. You can't get any answers from Ford customer service, than if you do they say "take it to your dealer" or do a "master reset" and we all know the story after that. Put those poor people out of their misery and man up Ford!

This is what makes the whole MFT debacle even worse....they hide and tighten up so there are no answers and people get even more upset.

Apple just came out and admitted to their mistake on their maps program in the new iOS. In this case, a large company admits fault, takes the blame for their actions, gives alternative means to get by until they can resolve the issue.

Ford: Releases and update, recends the update, releases the same update, recends the update. People have broken their system from the update. No word what happened to the update. You can't get any answers from Ford customer service, than if you do they say "take it to your dealer" or do a "master reset" and we all know the story after that. Put those poor people out of their misery and man up Ford!

Comparing the Ford situation to Apple's is ludicrous.

1. Ford has admitted publicly numerous times that there are issues and has promised to fix them.

2. There are no possible "workarounds" for MFT. You can't install an "app" to work around something that isn't working on MFT as you can on an iPhone.

3. The answers are there from Ford. You just don't like them.

Hey group. I am now to this forum and just bought a 2012 Ford Escape Titanium. I have had the vehicle for about a week now and noticed the following problems:

1. The GPS cannot get my location for long periods of time. However, most of the time it works just fine. A few days ago I was in DC and drove around for about 30 mins until it figured out where I was. Good thing I had Google nav on my phone.

2. I did a vehicle health report and my Escape thinks it has a Lane Keeping Aid and that it needs service. This is a feature that is not even available on the Escape but somehow my car thinks it has one.

3. Sync system locks up, the screen goes blank for a while, then restarts. This happed a few times while driving.

4. Sometimes the voice commands will not dial numbers. I say the command to call and it just goes back to playing music. Doesn’t even say that it did not understand me. However, when this happens other commands work like for the radio and CC.

5. When you have the navigation instruction set to display in the instrument cluster (“Always on”) and you are on the Intelligent AWD screen, the nav instructions in the instrument cluster will not update. The problem was reproduced on another Escape. In addition, the “On guidance” or “Always on” options yielding the same result. They are both putting the navigation info on the instrument cluster all the time. Am I missing something here?

6. The weather radar is rarely updating properly.

7. When I try to use the app on syncmyride to get the version number from the Escape, it can never “verify my install” when I bring the USB drive back to the PC.

Of course I did a master reset and I even pulled the NAV sd card and put it back in as Ford recommended me to do. Are any of these problems common? I have an appointment to bring the car into the dealer next week. I just don’t know how capable they are going to be to fix these issues.

Will this be something the dealer will be able to figure out without a problem?

Depends on the dealer. There were so many software problems early on that it was difficult to distinguish the actual hardware problems. But now if you continue to have such problems they should go to the APIM rather quickly but again - it depends on the dealer and their experience. You should ask them to consider an APIM replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems with a phone disconnecting/reconnecting over and over again every couple of minutes? I've got a galaxy s2, and nothing I've tried (reset, reverse pairing, turning off auto phone download, disabling wifi on both phone and car, placing the phone in different locations) has made a difference. If I'm playing music through the phone, it never disconnects. I'm out of ideas to try.

Anyone else having problems with a phone disconnecting/reconnecting over and over again every couple of minutes? I've got a galaxy s2, and nothing I've tried (reset, reverse pairing, turning off auto phone download, disabling wifi on both phone and car, placing the phone in different locations) has made a difference. If I'm playing music through the phone, it never disconnects. I'm out of ideas to try.

Did you try forcing a phone reboot/reset? Does it do the same with other phones?

Also, in your contacts, do you have any funky file types? My daughter put smiley faces and hearts after her name (gif files) and sync would not allow me to make calls at all. As soon as I removed those files everything works fine. But after I removed them I did a hard reboot on my iphone 4s and a master reboot on sync. The sync rep I talked to on the phone said to do the reboots after removing unwanted junk and I followed his advice. Been working fine.