Wixom Teardown

mtprubberrat

Wonder what's goin on @ wixom I noticed they are tearing some of it down.?

All we are hearing from the company is that they are at full capacity and can't build enough vehicles to match demand. Well...if memory serves me correctly we have a couple moth balled plants...one of them being Wixom.

All we are hearing from the company is that they are at full capacity and can't build enough vehicles to match demand. Well...if memory serves me correctly we have a couple moth balled plants...one of them being Wixom.

And another is St.Thomas, and their new lower hire in rate,

• Like 1

On some vehicles ! I'll bet Fiesta, Focus and Escape are selling like hot cakes, but nothing else is. Even F150 sales are down.

Ford could easily put another line for Focus/Escape/C-Max in at WAP, which currently only does stamping.

Don't forget, the lastest rumor is tha Flex is "a dead man walking", done at the end of 2014MY. That leaves Oakville with only the Edge, which is switching to a C patform in the next couple of years.

Amd how many shifts are working at Chicago ?

On some vehicles ! I'll bet Fiesta, Focus and Escape are selling like hot cakes, but nothing else is. Even F150 sales are down.

Ford could easily put another line for Focus/Escape/C-Max in at WAP, which currently only does stamping.

Don't forget, the lastest rumor is tha Flex is "a dead man walking", done at the end of 2014MY. That leaves Oakville with only the Edge, which is switching to a C patform in the next couple of years.

Amd how many shifts are working at Chicago ?

You may have a valid point Wiz...but I'm just going on the bullshit the company tells us at National Ford Council. They referred to components as well.

Edited by Pulse

Isn't F-series on pace for its best sales year since '06 or something? Or is that only because of increased Super Duty sales?

I was thnking the same thing, at the plant level there have been super days (added production days) not to mention the second shift added back to KCAP and in the plants the word is we are not gaining market share for the F-150 simply because we are at max compacity.

Might just all be talk about the market share thing, however the production numbers do not lie.

Just to bad we will not find out for sure since the report out all F series and not by the individual lines.

• 2 weeks later...

I did get to see an overhead picture of some of the demo at Wixom, very disheartening. I do not know the lay out of the plant but the one building has outside walls left but most of the middle is gone.

At Wayne they have contract electricians removing switches from sub stations. Not sure what this meen's if anything but you can't feed power with out them. Even removing some of the busses from the ceiling. The ASRS building was torn down over the summer along with the enamel and prime oven buildings, paint mix building, now the E coat oven and abatement equipment is being demo'd. The equipment in the old north body at Wayne is only for the Escape. There is extra room in the old WAP/ISA south body, they could move that equipment there if need be. MAP is really pressed for space so they have moved some of the kitting over to WAP to free up room.