Election Predictions

Its pretty clear Obama IS a liar on Libya so if you are OK with that you have low standards.....what ever works for ya.

As clear as global warming is a hoax. :reading:

But hey, we know politicians don't lie. Look at Romney. He is a pillar of truth. That's how you know the country is in trouble. Not excusing it, but if you are voting for Romney or Obama based on whoever lies the least, well you do have low standards.

Where is the out rage????? There are rampant attempts at voter suppression and it is not being reported as such. Where is Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rev. Al Sharpton, and the ACLU?

Since 2007, there has been rampant, flagrant, overt and essentially sanctioned attempts at voter suppression.

What am I talking about? You say you have no idea what could have gotten past all the press and campaign watchdogs? You are not alone. There has yet to be one single news report on any of the main stream media and even FoxNews has let this slip by.

How? Why? Is it a conspiracy?

Very likely. Or blatant inability to see the obvious.

What is this outrageous act? How is this being perpetrated?

"RACISM"

Yes. THAT word. How many times has it been thrown around like an epithet? Countless. Yet, it has been allowed, nay, encouraged by the majority of democrat activists, liberal bloggers, and t.v. and movie celebrities.

BECAUSE IT WORKS. Right minded citizens, primarily white, are intimidated by the charges and in an insidious way, victimized by the slanderous attacks. And, as is their nature, believing they want to do the right thing, made to feel guilty for the sins of others - generations ago, regardless of their innocence, they are manipulated by the machinery of a soul-less propaganda campaign to vote against their own judgement for fear of being judged.

The attempts have not stopped. They have increased and expanded. The latest is happening in the vitally important state of Florida. Yeah, the "Hanging Chad" state.

In the past few days, registered Republican voters have received bogus but authentic looking letters from the Supervisor of Elections, warning voters they are not eligible to vote unless they respond within 15 days.

This is happening while Cleveland forced billboards to be removed in the city because they said, "Voter Fraud Is A Felony". The residents, primarily African-American, were outraged at what they called a "Racist attempt at voter suppression".

Really?

Again, a charge of "racism" is more successful and receives immediate response than other efforts, because, as we know, NO ONE wants to be labeled a racist. Look how far we will go to avoid it. In an unknown, but no doubt, a certain number of cases it has resulted in citizens being too afraid to vote their conscious or campaign for a candidate running against Barack Obama.

Racism. Like the "N" word, has power over people because people are afraid of it. It is just a word. Used to hurt and intimidate people, but a word alone cannot change a thing. Unless WE let it.

• Like 1

As clear as global warming is a hoax. :reading:

But hey, we know politicians don't lie. Look at Romney. He is a pillar of truth. That's how you know the country is in trouble. Not excusing it, but if you are voting for Romney or Obama based on whoever lies the least, well you do have low standards.

I was not aware of a time stamped email trail for global warming.

Or that global warming makes official pres releases, comments & comedy show interviews that are contrary to what many other news outlets reluctantly report to the contrary.

Speaking in terms of the context above and the actions that are currently unfolding Obama's story simply does not match reported events and timeline.

Nice attempt to shift the conversation away from "your guy" and corner he painted himself into.

I have to ask but why do you post in a Ford forum when you display in your info a long line of Asian cars?

I was not aware of a time stamped email trail for global warming.

Or that global warming makes official pres releases, comments & comedy show interviews that are contrary to what many other news outlets reluctantly report to the contrary.

Speaking in terms of the context above and the actions that are currently unfolding Obama's story simply does not match reported events and timeline.

Nice attempt to shift the conversation away from "your guy" and corner he painted himself into.

Now that I have had time to do some reading, it seems the chain of emails is incomplete, and doesn't represent the full picture. I'll gladly wait for some fact checking on the complete story before I listen to a conservative-dominated automotive forum with an Axe to grind against anyone that believes differently then they do. Imagine that. If he is lying and full of crap, then he screwed up and I'll nail him for it. Is it going to swing my vote tomorrow? Nope. I still believe he is better than the alternative (Romney.)

I have to ask but why do you post in a Ford forum when you display in your info a long line of Asian cars?

Ahhh, now we attack me for my vehicle buying choices. Pretty predictable, Cal. I forgive ya though.

I have been here a while. I used to have a 1988 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD (great little truck), and a 2000 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 with Off-road/Tow package (not so great big truck).

- I didn't like the crappy transmission in F150, so I sold it and was in the market for something. Unfortunately Explorers were garbage then (and dated looking to boot), so I picked up my Xterra. At the time ford had no engine that could compete with the DI VQ, so I bought my Xterra after driving a Trailblazer.

- The VQ is great on power but horrible on fuel economy. The Honda was the first year of the redesign, and after test driving a Focus, no question in 2006 the Honda was the better car.

- So I bought the Honda.

- The Isuzu is an old SUV I bought in California for off-roading in the desert. It's been cross-country 9 times, four-wheeling all over CA, and just won't die. I jumped it once and knocked out my headlights on the landing. I periodically give it to my dad every few years, and he keeps giving it back every few years. It's a family work-horse.

-I am still waiting for Ford to make a proper Bronco (I may end up just getting an 69-72 for my place in CA), so I keep my eyes open.

-I'm still waiting for Ford to make a proper 2-seater RWD sports car ( I understand why they are not right now tho), so I keep my eyes open (though I am finding it harder and harder to fight off a used Lotus).

-I enjoy reading about the direction Ford is going with "one Ford". I was very excited to see Ford finally put some good product together (almost bought an Edge once, and was impressed with the Fusion - new one SMOKES.)

-I am anxious to see the Mustangs direction..I think the current car is a fabulous performance bargain, looks good on the outside, but needs to drop the retro for the next-gen.

-As far as my motorcycle, I used to race crotch rockets as a hobby. I wanted a fast cruiser, and wasn't about to pay ridiculous money for a V-Rod. Any other Harley is a retirement bike, and I still wanted to go fast.

So I'm here for the same reason as a lot of people. I like Fords and like to read about whats going on with them.

Now that I have had time to do some reading, it seems the chain of emails is incomplete, and doesn't represent the full picture. I'll gladly wait for some fact checking on the complete story before I listen to a conservative-dominated automotive forum with an Axe to grind against anyone that believes differently then they do. Imagine that. If he is lying and full of crap, then he screwed up and I'll nail him for it. Is it going to swing my vote tomorrow? Nope. I still believe he is better than the alternative (Romney.)

Ahhh, now we attack me for my vehicle buying choices. Pretty predictable, Cal. I forgive ya though.

I have been here a while. I used to have a 1988 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD (great little truck), and a 2000 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 with Off-road/Tow package (not so great big truck).

- I didn't like the crappy transmission in F150, so I sold it and was in the market for something. Unfortunately Explorers were garbage then (and dated looking to boot), so I picked up my Xterra. At the time ford had no engine that could compete with the DI VQ, so I bought my Xterra after driving a Trailblazer.

- The VQ is great on power but horrible on fuel economy. The Honda was the first year of the redesign, and after test driving a Focus, no question in 2006 the Honda was the better car.

- So I bought the Honda.

- The Isuzu is an old SUV I bought in California for off-roading in the desert. It's been cross-country 9 times, four-wheeling all over CA, and just won't die. I jumped it once and knocked out my headlights on the landing. I periodically give it to my dad every few years, and he keeps giving it back every few years. It's a family work-horse.

-I am still waiting for Ford to make a proper Bronco (I may end up just getting an 69-72 for my place in CA), so I keep my eyes open.

-I'm still waiting for Ford to make a proper 2-seater RWD sports car ( I understand why they are not right now tho), so I keep my eyes open (though I am finding it harder and harder to fight off a used Lotus).

-I enjoy reading about the direction Ford is going with "one Ford". I was very excited to see Ford finally put some good product together (almost bought an Edge once, and was impressed with the Fusion - new one SMOKES.)

-I am anxious to see the Mustangs direction..I think the current car is a fabulous performance bargain, looks good on the outside, but needs to drop the retro for the next-gen.

-As far as my motorcycle, I used to race crotch rockets as a hobby. I wanted a fast cruiser, and wasn't about to pay ridiculous money for a V-Rod. Any other Harley is a retirement bike, and I still wanted to go fast.

So I'm here for the same reason as a lot of people. I like Fords and like to read about whats going on with them.

No attack Mr.Assumption , just a straight question.

I raced motocross early years and hit the drags, rode the fastest bikes available in the end of the 70's ( CBX, GS1100, KZ900, etc) , got hit by a van in the early 80's. Crotch rocket bike was totaled and then rode Harley's for a dozen or so years. Harley is gone and I ride a Honda 650L enduro which is a great bike.

It matters little if I personally like or dislike Obama ( I do not), it does not change anything HE says or does. In this instance what he is saying has already been called into question and none of the statements or timeline matches actual events. I always thought Obama was not as smart as portrayed out to be but I never thought of him as a liar.

Until recently that is.

Now it is obvious why the democrats are pushing early voting. They see the train wreck ahead.

Señor, may I ask? What revelations would be enough for you to change your support for Obama? Supposing the Republican accusations are right? Or what if documented evidence surfaces that the campaign conspired to conceal and obfuscate the events and the failures on that night because of how it might affect the campaign? What if it was intentional, for some as yet unclear reason, the Ambassador was sacrificed for the administration's benefit? Not that I have well researched it, but one fleeting comment I heard concerned the possibility the Ambassador was dealing in arms to factions in the region and someone had issues with that. Or he was a "loose end"?

That is the problem with "early voting". You don't get a chance to change your mind based on new information. Why not offer early voting the day after the first inauguration and get it over with? A two-fer! Because at some point, it gets ridiculous.

I raced motocross early years and hit the drags, rode the fastest bikes available in the end of the 70's ( CBX, GS1100, KZ900, etc) , got hit by a van in the early 80's. Crotch rocket bike was totaled and then rode Harley's for a dozen or so years. Harley is gone and I ride a Honda 650L enduro which is a great bike.

Sorry to hear about the Van hit in the 80's. Kind of funny I gave up crotch rockets after I got clipped by a buddy of mine and ate it at Castrol Corner at Willow Springs years ago. Two bad knees (one due for replacement as I type this), 2 bad discs in my back, and three cracked vertebrates in my neck. I got obstructive sleep apnea due to the damage done to my neck, and sleep with a CPAP every night or I might croak. Funny how those days put a crimp in your crotch-rocket days. Thats awesome you used to drag. I had a friend of mine that would drag his turbo'd Hayabusa in San Diego. BTW, are kids out your way running long swing-arms for their crotch rockets (gives it the drag look)?Enduros are cool rides, it's like the best of both worlds. When I slow down a bit, I want to get an 55' Hydra-Glide (if I can ever afford one).

AS far as Obama lying, I just want all the info out, full investigation, etc. If he lied, he deserves to get nailed for it (like anyone else).

EDIT> Damn, Got so excited to talk motorcycles I forgot to answer your questions:

What revelations would be enough for you to change your support for Obama?

It would have to be more than lying. All presidents lie. All politicians lie. I'm not defending it, just saying it's not enough for me to choose Romney over Obama.

Or what if documented evidence surfaces that the campaign conspired to conceal and obfuscate the events and the failures on that night because of how it might affect the campaign?

This IS happening. And it would happen if it was Romney. It is the political way. Obama kicked the pipeline can down the road, as much as he could. I'm not defending it, just saying it's not enough for me to choose Romney over Obama. Romney would do it too.

What if it was intentional, for some as yet unclear reason, the Ambassador was sacrificed for the administration's benefit?

This I would have a problem with, and it would likely change my vote. I wouldn't vote for Romney. I'd vote for Gary Johnson, though I have issues with some of his policy stances on abortion, stem-cell research, and TP support.

In closing, if anyone is dirty, they deserve to deserve to face the music.

Edited by the_spaniard

Sorry to hear about the Van hit in the 80's. Kind of funny I gave up crotch rockets after I got clipped by a buddy of mine and ate it at Castrol Corner at Willow Springs years ago. Two bad knees (one due for replacement as I type this), 2 bad discs in my back, and three cracked vertebrates in my neck. I got obstructive sleep apnea due to the damage done to my neck, and sleep with a CPAP every night or I might croak. Funny how those days put a crimp in your crotch-rocket days.

Thats awesome you used to drag. I had a friend of mine that would drag his turbo'd Hayabusa in San Diego. BTW, are kids out your way running long swing-arms for their crotch rockets (gives it the drag look)?

Enduros are cool rides, it's like the best of both worlds. When I slow down a bit, I want to get an 55' Hydra-Glide (if I can ever afford one).

AS far as Obama lying, I just want all the info out, full investigation, etc. If he lied, he deserves to get nailed for it (like anyone else).

Yep, being a member of the "Over the bars club" you learn a lot. How short life can be and you can be 100% right and dead. Still have all of my original parts and because it was a van that got me actually saved my life. Van driver got sighted for "failure to yield". The driver cut me off and I punched it mid ship. Its like a sheet metal trampoline except when traveling at 50 mph and have 15 feet to stop its going to be a bad day and another bad 3 weeks in the hospital and 5 months off work. Several broken bones (both arms, wrist, all toes which still hurt) 3rd degree burns and skin grafting from the bike and exhaust landing on me and laying there and some nerve damage added in. I would make a great 6' 2" skeleton to wire back together and use for show and tell in a biology class.

Back in the day a fast street bike would run 10's in the 1/4 mile. Now you can buy a stock bike and easily hit those numbers off the show room floor. I rode a newer Honda last year and it was amazing for speed and handling. There is just too many stupid people in cars and animals in the road to go fast on the street. Running poker runs we would leap frog to take the lead. I passed a guy at around 155 mph and a guy on a Honda CBX ( straight 6 cylinder ) passed me like I was doing 35 and him 70. Its nuts.

I see a lot of stock looking bikes and the guys are chipping them for performance. The Hayabusa was programmed to shut down at a certain MPH unless you chip it.

Its an F16 on 2 wheels and if I wanted fast that would be my bike. My enduro fits my riding style. Its cheap, gets +45 MPG and wheelies easy and handles great. Its for short runs and around town errands. The enduro I ride anywhere rain or shine and is simple and reliable and I stay off main roads and avoid intersections.

Obama mishandled the current situation and he made a bad situation worse. Similar to Clinton I never gave a crap about him getting a BJ but any working guy I know that got caught getting a BJ at work would be fired and paying the ex wife dearly. Its the fact he lied about it which made it a different issue. Sadly it appears Obama has taken this same approach that Clinton did. For that the man (Clinton) has zero credibility now and I lost any respect for the guy . Clinton is WAY smarter than Obama IMHO.

Obama could have learned something from Clinton but I have a feeling Obama only listens to Obama. He is his own worse enemy.

Sorry to hear about the Van hit in the 80's. Kind of funny I gave up crotch rockets after I got clipped by a buddy of mine and ate it at Castrol Corner at Willow Springs years ago. Two bad knees (one due for replacement as I type this), 2 bad discs in my back, and three cracked vertebrates in my neck. I got obstructive sleep apnea due to the damage done to my neck, and sleep with a CPAP every night or I might croak. Funny how those days put a crimp in your crotch-rocket days. Thats awesome you used to drag. I had a friend of mine that would drag his turbo'd Hayabusa in San Diego. BTW, are kids out your way running long swing-arms for their crotch rockets (gives it the drag look)?Enduros are cool rides, it's like the best of both worlds. When I slow down a bit, I want to get an 55' Hydra-Glide (if I can ever afford one).

EDIT> Damn, Got so excited to talk motorcycles I forgot to answer your questions:

It would have to be more than lying. All presidents lie. All politicians lie. I'm not defending it, just saying it's not enough for me to choose Romney over Obama.

This IS happening. And it would happen if it was Romney. It is the political way. Obama kicked the pipeline can down the road, as much as he could. I'm not defending it, just saying it's not enough for me to choose Romney over Obama. Romney would do it too.

This I would have a problem with, and it would likely change my vote. I wouldn't vote for Romney. I'd vote for Gary Johnson, though I have issues with some of his policy stances on abortion, stem-cell research, and TP support.

In closing, if anyone is dirty, they deserve to deserve to face the music.

I guess you got sidetracked. You responded to my comments in your post to cal50. Be that as it may.

Wow. "All politicians lie, so my guy can lie, too." We disagree on perspective. But I see you expect FAR less of your politicians than I do. Is any candidate perfect for everyone? No. They have to position themselves with "promises" to garner the number of votes needed to win the election. Will they be able to hold to ALL their claims? No. But if they make the promise, we should hold them to it. AND WE SHOULD NEVER ACCEPT LIES!

You would accept a conspiracy to conceal the failure of the administration to respond to calls for more security? They did a great job of responding "after the fact" with more security at the Embassys. How about your son is murdered and you call for more police the next day. Your son is still dead and the police levels were insufficient after several attacks in the past six months. And ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11?

And you would have him "face the music" AFTER he is re-elected? Too little, too late.

You ARE willing to bend like a pretzel.

Wow. "All politicians lie, so my guy can lie, too." We disagree on perspective. But I see you expect FAR less of your politicians than I do. Is any candidate perfect for everyone? No. They have to position themselves with "promises" to garner the number of votes needed to win the election. Will they be able to hold to ALL their claims? No. But if they make the promise, we should hold them to it. AND WE SHOULD NEVER ACCEPT LIES!

In a perfect world, I agree. But that's not American politics. Obama sold people on hope and change, Romney has proven he too, will say anything, change his position on any stance to appeal to the right group...to get him elected.

You would accept a conspiracy to conceal the failure of the administration to respond to calls for more security? They did a great job of responding "after the fact" with more security at the Embassys. How about your son is murdered and you call for more police the next day. Your son is still dead and the police levels were insufficient after several attacks in the past six months. And ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11?

Since you brought up it being on 09/11, do you think Obama wanted those people to die? I don't. Do you think Bush wanted people to die at the WTC? Of course not. There were probably failures by both in security at some level. Until there is proof I wouldn't blame Obama any more than I would blame bush. This is political play before an election. Yes it's upsetting, but the reaction here on this board is partisan nonsense. As I said before, look at the post titles in this forum. Partisan nonsense. Obama lies every day, cooks the books for employment numbers, you name it.

If it were my son of course I would be upset. Upset enough for me to forget Romneys faults? Not even close. Two wrongs do not make a right. My son would want me to make better choices than that.

And you would have him "face the music" AFTER he is re-elected? Too little, too late.

Only if you are fiercely partisan. So I'm supposed to not vote for him based on incomplete information at best, AND vote for a guy that doesn't represent my interests? No, I voted for Obama this morning. Lesser of two evils.

More partisan nonsense. As if a failure to provide security for an embassy was bad enough to override all of Romneys issues, or erase what he has accomplished in the last four years. You act as if Romney is elected, he wont make mistakes and people won't die.

Perhaps more than you. I find it hilarious that you would criticize that and then vote for Romney.

In a perfect world, I agree. But that's not American politics.

(It is not "American politics" as long as you and the voters continue to accept the status quo. Continue in your blind lockstep acceptance of SSDD.)

Obama sold people on hope and change, Romney has proven he too, will say anything, change his position on any stance to appeal to the right group...to get him elected.

(I will not stand for Romney lies either. Haven't you heard Obama flip-flop within 24 hours of the last debate. During the debate he said the sequester "won't happen". The next day he said "it will happen". He said he was not for single payer until he was. He thought marriage was between a man and a woman until he was for gay marriage(Thanks to Joe Blow). Don't get cocky about calling Romney a flip-flopper. I think Obama has more windows in that glass house.)

Since you brought up it being on 09/11, do you think Obama wanted those people to die? I don't.

(I don't know. They had no problem emphasizing the attack was because of a video until the truth was rubbed in their face and the media refused to cover for them. As you said, the full facts aren't in, but there has not been any credible refutation of the evidence presently available. Just tap dancing and spin control....just two weeks to go.....keep a lid on it. Why is info coming out through CBS and the other news outlets, and NOT from our government? They certainly made a "Perp Walk" available for the evening news. God help the idiots involved with the video. The administration has essentially set the video participants as scapegoats an essentially left them with a price on their heads for jihad and vigilante assault/murder.)

Do you think Bush wanted people to die at the WTC? Of course not. There were probably failures by both in security at some level. Until there is proof I wouldn't blame Obama any more than I would blame bush. This is political play before an election. Yes it's upsetting, but the reaction here on this board is partisan nonsense. As I said before, look at the post titles in this forum. Partisan nonsense. Obama lies every day, cooks the books for employment numbers, you name it.

If it were my son of course I would be upset. Upset enough for me to forget Romneys faults?

(And what has Romney done that equates to failing to provide sufficient (evidently) security for the historically dangerous anniversary of the 9-11 attacks? Outsourced JOBS???????????? It is plain to see that you can excuse Obama of any single issue. But you haven't taken your shoes off to start count the sum total of the issues that in aggregate are absolutely inept, partisan, pandering or just down right disregard for the lawful obligations of the office he was elected to fill. A blind eye cannot over look so much, you must truly be blind.)

Not even close. Two wrongs do not make a right. My son would want me to make better choices than that.

(I pray you never face that day, but there are four mothers who are not comforted by your view.)

Only if you are fiercely partisan. So I'm supposed to not vote for him based on incomplete information at best( If the truth is a consideration, why are you so eager to vote before the facts are presented? Or is the truth irrelevant since there can be no justification to refuse to vote for the incumbent.),

AND vote for a guy that doesn't represent my interests? No, I voted for Obama this morning. Lesser of two evils.

More partisan nonsense. As if a failure to provide security for an embassy was bad enough to override all of Romneys issues, or erase what he has accomplished in the last four years. You act as if Romney is elected, he wont make mistakes and people won't die.

(He has not been elected and he has not lied about what he has promised vs. what he has done since he cannot do anything yet.)

Perhaps more than you. I find it hilarious that you would criticize that and then vote for Romney.

(And what do you base that assumption on? I have never declared who I would vote for. For all you know, I may be an Obama voter who is outraged he has not lives up to the promises he made. Or I could be an independent trying to reconcile my concerns with Obama vs. Romney. Or I may not be voting at all.)

(It is not "American politics" as long as you and the voters continue to accept the status quo. Continue in your blind lockstep acceptance of SSDD.)

When a viable third party is considered by this government, that will be easier. Like the last election, the vote is for the lesser of two evils. I'm sorry, but you could you point a political system somewhere that does not have the same problem?

(I will not stand for Romney lies either. Haven't you heard Obama flip-flop within 24 hours of the last debate. During the debate he said the sequester "won't happen". The next day he said "it will happen". He said he was not for single payer until he was. He thought marriage was between a man and a woman until he was for gay marriage(Thanks to Joe Blow). Don't get cocky about calling Romney a flip-flopper. I think Obama has more windows in that glass house.)

I disagree. Obama is more guilty of unfulfilled promises, but even that was tempered by a fiercely partisan congress bent on making him a one-term president, at the expense of our country. Romney is a habitual flip-flopper, and doesn't even seem to care about the video proving it. Check out the video below (it's a partisan hack video, but it does demonstrate Romney in his own words. I'm sure there are videos about Obama as well.)

http://youtu.be/CUzEJiFpmsQ

They had no problem emphasizing the attack was because of a video until the truth was rubbed in their face and the media refused to cover for them. As you said, the full facts aren't in, but there has not been any credible refutation of the evidence presently available. Just tap dancing and spin control....just two weeks to go.....keep a lid on it.

You admit the facts aren't in, then you go on to accept a certain interpretation you have already labeled as truth, because it must be refuted? You bet they are keeping a lid on it, as Romneys campaign would do as well. People have very little to go on right now and they are already preparing the firing squad.

(And what has Romney done that equates to failing to provide sufficient (evidently) security for the historically dangerous anniversary of the 9-11 attacks? Outsourced JOBS???????????? It is plain to see that you can excuse Obama of any single issue. But you haven't taken your shoes off to start count the sum total of the issues that in aggregate are absolutely inept, partisan, pandering or just down right disregard for the lawful obligations of the office he was elected to fill. A blind eye cannot over look so much, you must truly be blind.)

And you are truly partisan, and are terrible at hiding it. Once again without all the facts or even an investigation you have labeled the President

inept, partisan, pandering or just down right disregard for the lawful obligations of the office he was elected to fill.
Sure you need those pesky facts?

(I pray you never face that day, but there are four mothers who are not comforted by your view.)

I'm glad that you know the family personally to know what their views are. Projecting.

( If the truth is a consideration, why are you so eager to vote before the facts are presented? Or is the truth irrelevant since there can be no justification to refuse to vote for the incumbent.),

It is very unlikely any results of any investigation will be available before this election. Worse case scenario, Obama is personally responsible for ignoring recommendations of someone warning of an attack. That has never happened before has it? Can you think of a time that might have happened...maybe domestically? Its an unintentional mistake. It would not sway me to vote alone.

(He has not been elected and he has not lied about what he has promised vs. what he has done since he cannot do anything yet.)

If you want to see the whoppers of the debate on both sides, stroll over to factcheck.org. He has lied p-l-e-n-t-y. So has Obama. You beginning to wonder why I say its the lesser of two evils?

(And what do you base that assumption on? I have never declared who I would vote for. For all you know, I may be an Obama voter who is outraged he has not lives up to the promises he made. Or I could be an independent trying to reconcile my concerns with Obama vs. Romney. Or I may not be voting at all.)

You certainly have had a partisan slant in this discussion. You seem very interested in my decision to vote for Obama, and very interested in making a host of assumptions and conclusions about this incident without having all the facts. I think anyone following this discussion would have no problem seeing who you would NOT vote for ;)

Edited by the_spaniard

It matters little if I personally like or dislike Obama ( I do not), it does not change anything HE says or does. In this instance what he is saying has already been called into question and none of the statements or timeline matches actual events. I always thought Obama was not as smart as portrayed out to be but I never thought of him as a liar.

Until recently that is.

Most politicians are liars. What else is new? Most were lawyers at one time also and used to arguing their case with no conviction/honesty. Most of time voting comes down to least of two evils. In my view, Obama has been more consistent in his views than Romney who is all over the map. In the debates, you never knew if moderate Romney was going to show up or ultra conservative one. Ditto if he were President.....moderate or conservative. I have no idea. However, I believe there would be lots of pressure from conservatives to appoint ultra conservative cabinet appointees and influential advisors. Kind of like Bush having the Cheney/Rumsfeld/Woolfowitz show going on inside his White House for 6 long years before Bush came to his senses.

• Like 1

When a viable third party is considered by this government, that will be easier. Like the last election, the vote is for the lesser of two evils. I'm sorry, but you could you point a political system somewhere that does not have the same problem?

"When a viable third party is considered by this government" ......that may be true. But we are doomed if it is the government who determines a third party.

I disagree. Obama is more guilty of unfulfilled promises, but even that was tempered by a fiercely partisan congress bent on making him a one-term president, at the expense of our country. Romney is a habitual flip-flopper, and doesn't even seem to care about the video proving it.

Partisanship? The first two years while he had the entire executive and legislative branch locked up? AND STILL couldn't push through everything. Partisanship gridlock can be broken by one side conceeding. It takes two to gridlock and your side hasn't been able to persuade enough of the OTHER side to break through.

I'm glad that you know the family personally to know what their views are. Projecting.

You have no children.

I disagree. Obama is more guilty of unfulfilled promises, but even that was tempered by a fiercely partisan congress bent on making him a one-term president, at the expense of our country. Romney is a habitual flip-flopper, and doesn't even seem to care about the video proving it. Check out the video below (it's a partisan hack video, but it does demonstrate Romney in his own words. I'm sure there are videos about Obama as well.)

http://youtu.be/CUzEJiFpmsQ

You admit the facts aren't in, then you go on to accept a certain interpretation you have already labeled as truth, because it must be refuted? You bet they are keeping a lid on it, as Romneys campaign would do as well. People have very little to go on right now and they are already preparing the firing squad.

And you are truly partisan, and are terrible at hiding it. Once again without all the facts or even an investigation you have labeled the President

Sure you need those pesky facts?

It is very unlikely any results of any investigation will be available before this election. Worse case scenario, Obama is personally responsible for ignoring recommendations of someone warning of an attack. That has never happened before has it? Can you think of a time that might have happened...maybe domestically? Its an unintentional mistake. It would not sway me to vote alone.

If you want to see the whoppers of the debate on both sides, stroll over to factcheck.org. He has lied p-l-e-n-t-y. So has Obama. You beginning to wonder why I say its the lesser of two evils?

You certainly have had a partisan slant in this discussion. You seem very interested in my decision to vote for Obama, and very interested in making a host of assumptions and conclusions about this incident without having all the facts. I think anyone following this discussion would have no problem seeing who you would NOT vote for ;)

I love the selective amnesia......obama had the white house the senate and the house for 2 years....so you can stop with the excuses of congress blocking him...he chose healthcare instead of jobs....

FiredMotorCompany said:

the_spainard said:

FiredMotorCompany said:

You have no children.

I don't have to know the family to know what their views are. They told us all.

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?

Mother of Slain Ex-SEAL: 'My Son is Not Very Optimal - He is Very Dead'

http://www.breitbart...rs-of-Age-Older There is no voter fraud. Just ask the 150 year old democrats that have already voted in this year election.

http://www.breitbart...rs-of-Age-Older There is no voter fraud. Just ask the 150 year old democrats that have already voted in this year election.

Welcome to the fray carguy. Been around since 2000? You gotta be an old guy. Redwood Original?

I don't have to know the family to know what their views are. They told us all.

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?

Mother of Slain Ex-SEAL: 'My Son is Not Very Optimal - He is Very Dead'

Would we like to go back and link all the stories about how insincere Bush was or all the Pat Tillman family stuff. Conservatives sit here wailing and tearing their clothes over this purely as campaign antics. You never held Bush to the same standard. They told hundreds of lies about Iraq and you and your crocodile tear squad defended him. What a bunch of pathetic sorry little children you all are. Obama didn't send these men off to die over lies and yet you will not give him anywhere near the support you gave a man who lied and got 4,000 plus Americans killed.

• Like 2

Would we like to go back and link all the stories about how insincere Bush was or all the Pat Tillman family stuff. Conservatives sit here wailing and tearing their clothes over this purely as campaign antics. You never held Bush to the same standard. They told hundreds of lies about Iraq and you and your crocodile tear squad defended him. What a bunch of pathetic sorry little children you all are. Obama didn't send these men off to die over lies and yet you will not give him anywhere near the support you gave a man who lied and got 4,000 plus Americans killed.

We could even get into good ol' Haliburton connections to Iraq war. But I will say this about Obama...he has not run a very good campaign in my estimation, and if he loses next week, he only has himself to blame. I still don't see a vision from him about economy other than not going back to Bush years which I agree with. But I always felt he needed to be clearer on where he wants to take us. No talk from him about rising poverty, more people than ever on food stamps, and cities like Detroit that continue to get worse/more violent. I still don't see the passion from Obama that he really wants a second term to make this a better country for everyone. Still get the feeling that the first four years have beaten him down to such an extent that the old fire is gone for most part. As election gets closer, I don't see the fervor for him as in '08, and Obama has failed to reignite it for most part. Kind of tragic in that Obama is a good man, and his policies are better than what the backward Repubs offer, but Obama doesn't seem like the candidate to clarify them with cogent vision. If Obama loses, I can only hope and pray that Romney is really much more moderate and will push many of Obama's policies like complete streets, green energy, HSR between large cities less than 500 miles apart, affordable health care, big city problems, violence, and on and on. I also hope that the Senate stays Demo so that Romney if he is a true conservative like it says on his bus can't push through his ruinous agenda.

• Like 3

Calling for more public spending for programs likely to have massive over-budget costs and low usage, but plenty of government employees pensions to pay for for perpetuity.

The streets are the responsibility of the state and local government. It's crazy how much money is pulled from localities to the federal coffers and then localities petition to get some back? Power play.

Keep your dirty stinking hands out of our pockets!!!

• Like 1

Neither candidate has a solution to the nation's woes, both are just saying what's needed to win an election.

Anyone who thinks that things will get magically better after the election is deluded, until the people accept that

they are the ones who must suffer financial pain and hardship to bring down the deficit, nothing will change.

• Like 2

Neither candidate has a solution to the nation's woes, both are just saying what's needed to win an election.

Anyone who thinks that things will get magically better after the election is deluded, until the people accept that

they are the ones who must suffer financial pain and hardship to bring down the deficit, nothing will change.

JPD, While I agree with you it pisses me off that the idiots in congress and other government officials are the ones who chose to spend like fools. It bothers me that most people are smart enough not to spend more than they have, it bothers me that our government employees keep using the word entitlement and they want to cut back social security, medicare and the like. From where I sit they receive the entitlements, perks call it what you will. Let them cut back.

edit: Oh and a higher wage than a non-goverment employee

Edited by Ron W.