My 2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L (Tuxedo Black) - PICTURES INSIDE

hightyde

Funny how many "mistakes" Fords website has on this car. They are certainly giving their web development team work to do. I wonder if any other car companies in the world use wrong images for their vehicles, show available features that aren't available, or have people ordering based on certain options available that change a week later in description and what's available with those options. Either way sounds very shifty, unprofessional, and I guess have-assed. Go America!

That said, I don't think it's a mistake at all to market a car that doesn't exist. It's just deceptive marketing lol. If pre-production models are still floating around that actually does make one wonder what Ford's trying to show customers. I also don't think it's a mistake when Ford stretches the truth. Their site says their vehicles come with "full led tail lights" and show images and video of the Titanium knowing full well the SE and other trims don't have "full led tail lights" but just led tail lights in comparison to the titanium. No.. either Fords really stupid, or they know exactly what they're doing...

I think maybe Ford is trying just a lilllllllll too hard if they think the American public is stupid. It's one thing to market a good car...a car worth good marketing and that's affordable...but they really don't need to resort to making sure the American public is kept in the dark about trim exclusive features. Ford needs to be proud of their vehicle and know that their reputation can improve with it. Tell people exactly what they are getting and what the differences are. Resorting to showing pre-production models around america after the car comes out, using one trim level pictures to represent all trim levels on their site, and changing and shifting around feature and specification information just seems shady to me..and to anyone else who finds out they are doing this. Come on.. we love the car, just be straight forward with your customers...there's nothing to hide...

The old saying goes "You get what you pay for". When I priced out the SE I ended with $29,290 while making some compromises (Boo no spoiler and ugly rims), and for $31,690 I got everything I wanted on the Titanium. So for a difference of $2,400 I got exactly what I wanted (Push Button Start,Intelligent Access, 19" Rims, Dual Integrated Exhaust, Paddle Shifters, ect ect) and more. And thats not factoring in the A Plan price, thats just off the config on Ford.com. Glad I went all out with the Titanium.

The old saying goes "You get what you pay for". When I priced out the SE I ended with $29,290 while making some compromises (Boo no spoiler and ugly rims), and for $31,690 I got everything I wanted on the Titanium. So for a difference of $2,400 I got exactly what I wanted (Push Button Start,Intelligent Access, 19" Rims, Dual Integrated Exhaust, Paddle Shifters, ect ect) and more. And thats not factoring in the A Plan price, thats just off the config on Ford.com. Glad I went all out with the Titanium.

This is the problem I have. With my SE configured as-is I should be able to get it at about $28,500 OTD, considering the X-Plan pricing is $27,900. X-Plan on a Titanium with no options is $29,300, so they might be able to squeeze me under $30k but it wouldn't be by much. So a $1,500 difference, which is hard for me to swallow and stick with the SE, except that I already pushed my budget hard to get to $28k. I think I'm going to have to stick with the SE and if the difference really bothers me maybe I'll bump up to a 2014 Titanium next year when I can sell some stock off. :D

edit: What the hell, I just emailed my sale guy and asked if there was any way to do a Titanium with no options for $29k out the door. We'll see what he says.

I also asked if he could check on the tail lights and tell me if there is a difference.

Double edit: BTW you get the dual exhaust and paddle shifters on the SE 2.0L.

Edited by Camride

Just an FYI, if you're like me and plan on putting your music on a flash drive... I implore you to make sure your files are in AAC / M4A format (like you get off iTunes. I strongly recommend against putting mp3s on a flash drive as MFT will create duplicate no existing files of the mp3s and will try to play these non existent files. Thus you will spend more time skipping over ghost files than actually listening to music

Just an FYI, if you're like me and plan on putting your music on a flash drive... I implore you to make sure your files are in AAC / M4A format (like you get off iTunes. I strongly recommend against putting mp3s on a flash drive as MFT will create duplicate no existing files of the mp3s and will try to play these non existent files. Thus you will spend more time skipping over ghost files than actually listening to music

I'm hoping this is a software bug that will get fixed? I was planning on picking up a cheap 32GB drive to put most of my favorite music on and it's all MP3's (I don't use iTunes). It won't be a huge deal as I can just stream all my music through Spotify, but it'd be nice to have a functioning backup of music on a flash drive.

'

Are your files tagged correctly? Perhaps with MP3 it is looking for certain complete tags and maybe some of your music isn't tagged correctly so it isn't being properly indexed by the car.

Can you check to see if the 12V power outlets are powered when the car is off, or do they only work when in accessory or when the car is running? Just a curiosity. Thanks.

On my 2010 FFH they are live all the time, hopefully they've kept that behavior intact.

• Like 1

Deadman64 just jogged my memory about something I should mention about the Audio. I don't know if all vehicles will come this way, or not but...

When I first drove the car off the lot, I wasn't super impressed with the audio on the 2.0L. It sounded somewhat muted and soft. It wasn't until a few days later I noticed that the "center" point of the vehicle's audio was set slightly in the center of the backseat. So you will have to go into your Audio's options and at least move the "center" point closer to the actual center of the vehicle. Again, I don't know if that will be set as common in all the 2013's, but centering the audio greatly improved the quality. Not exactly why it was set closer to the backseat.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...