My 2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L (Tuxedo Black) - PICTURES INSIDE

hightyde

It's amazing how much they make you "believe" will be on your vehicle. Like you see all these pictures of people with Turn by turn in their right cluster and what not... so you expect to get that... and then it isnt there. But I'm still very excited with this vehicle, it is a dream ride. Just wished it had better options with the MyFord Touch w/ Technology package like actual maps... Guess it's back to using the Garmin until they decide to make iPhones more compatible with vehicles.

Wow really disappointed that's considered a 'premium' feature. The more I learn about the car, it sure seems like Ford made a lot of stuff that's standard on the new accord/altima only available on Titanium. Oh well, I guess I won't see my own lights that much but still.

Yeah honestly...the more im finding out about this car the more i want the titanium hybrid...my car will be here before November 12th too. fully loaded fusion hybrid se...but now im convincing myself i even want to keep it...The titanium gets the sony stereo, ambient lighting, spoiler, chrome door handles, aluminum scruff pedals and door plates, and now FULL LED tail lights...not to mention auto/start/stop and intelligent access and whatever i missed...before the list of titanium only features was barely anything going by their official spec sheet..but now that all these hidden things are popping up they arent advertising its just saddening because these are things they only put in the titanium to make it look like its worth the price hike..i mean seriously...different tail lights in different trims? who does that...ONLY FORD would come up with that idea..now i find myself criticizing them for the first time..okay *calms down* lol..but seriously...this is a rip..

If i got my hybrid se i'd be driving before november 12th...if i wait until the titanium hybrid i will get all the hybrid titanium benefits for just around $1,000 more with x-plan pricing..and that is hella worth it...but who knows when i'll be driving..."Early 2013" may not be close enough.. i have a feeling i'll settle with what i have...i mean its just rear tail lights...but for a car that i was going to keep 8+ years i really wanted it to feel like i was getting everything i wanted..or at least ford said i would be getting...its amazing what you learn when you come to forums and people dig the truth out!

It's amazing how much they make you "believe" will be on your vehicle. Like you see all these pictures of people with Turn by turn in their right cluster and what not... so you expect to get that... and then it isnt there. But I'm still very excited with this vehicle, it is a dream ride. Just wished it had better options with the MyFord Touch w/ Technology package like actual maps... Guess it's back to using the Garmin until they decide to make iPhones more compatible with vehicles.

Yeah..I hear you. Don't worry, you're not the only one slightly let down by what's not included in their fusion lol.

Wow really disappointed that's considered a 'premium' feature. The more I learn about the car, it sure seems like Ford made a lot of stuff that's standard on the new accord/altima only available on Titanium. Oh well, I guess I won't see my own lights that much but still.

I agree - Ford seems like they cheap out on everything even though the sticker price is still very high... I was surprised about the chrome surround and jeeze even more surprised about the tail lights... Hopefully they will show up on eBay or salvage sites in a few months for purchase. Its probably a direct swap out I don't see why they would wire them differently.

Edited by expresspotato

It might not... The engine is extra too - you'll be pleased to know your engine runs on clean burning coal a gasoline engine is a $2,000 upgrade to the Titanium eidition which just so happens to be pictured exclusively on the website and printed materials so you have no idea you're not going to get it.

Say what? Lol. I'm confused.

Alright, alright. Months ago, when I was pricing it all out, I would have had to add extra to the SE to get the options I wanted, and it still would not have had all the cool stuff the Titanium has, for only a little bit more. It wasn't a hard decision. Spend a little more, and get the Sony stereo, ambient lighting, dual exhaust and spoiler, aluminum trim on foot pedals, push button start with smart key, and reverse sense system. I'm gonna stick up for Ford here, and say they can price and option their cars however they want. If you don't like what they have, you go somewhere else! Ford is also very creative on how to tweak your "must have" button, to get you to lay out your cash for the more expensive models. But I still think the Titanium I have on order is a great deal, I don't feel ripped off at all.

• Like 2

@TurbTi, I don't think the comments from the disappointed shoppers are about the way Ford is equipping the car, it is more about Ford's not so clear information of what exactly

are the features per trim level.

I do believe if Ford was to make available clear and true details with images that factually portray the trim levels this type of attitude would not be happening.

There is zero written, photo's or video's showing the differences in how the rear tail lights function between the S, SE, & Titanium variants. But the impressions Ford

has shown have only been the Titanium showing the LED surround. And also in the brochure under standard features included on all trim levels it states rear LED tail lamps.

And also in the brochure the images used for the S and SE interior shows the image with the optional seats and audio. It is all fine and dandy that Ford includes in the fine print

that the image shown is optional this and that, but with zero images of what the real stuff looks like how is the shopper supposed to find out.

Hiding what is real info leaves one with a not so trusting feeling.

• Like 1

Alright, alright. Months ago, when I was pricing it all out, I would have had to add extra to the SE to get the options I wanted, and it still would not have had all the cool stuff the Titanium has, for only a little bit more. It wasn't a hard decision. Spend a little more, and get the Sony stereo, ambient lighting, dual exhaust and spoiler, aluminum trim on foot pedals, push button start with smart key, and reverse sense system. I'm gonna stick up for Ford here, and say they can price and option their cars however they want. If you don't like what they have, you go somewhere else! Ford is also very creative on how to tweak your "must have" button, to get you to lay out your cash for the more expensive models. But I still think the Titanium I have on order is a great deal, I don't feel ripped off at all.

It's not creative. What are you talking about? It's just plain marketing and a scheme used a lot in businesses today. Why get Plan A for $19.95 when you can get Plan B with everything A offers and a whole lot more for $just $24.95 ...that's just $5 more! well..multiply all that by $10000 dollars and sure you can sit there and justify what is worth an extra $5 grand here or $5 grand there..but in reality they are making you pay "just a little extra" for items that cost them practically nothing...so much nothing that some were standard on just about all trims in the 2012 model like ambient lighting. If you have 10 things people want and you choose to sell 4 of them together and the other 6 together for way more money...sure you may be making people think they are getting a lot but if the shopper is smart and they know the value of money and features then they know many of those 6 features are just gimmicks used to make the large price seem reasonable.

But as MKII said it's not about the price that bothers me. I'd get a Hybrid Titanium because I want one if it was available now. What gets me is all these features that are shown as "2013 Fusion" features and instead are really just "2013 Titanium Fusion" features. That is very misleading and tricks people into purchasing cars they wouldn't have. I for one am at a crossroad because when I purchased my Hybrid SE in August 28th I didn't know a titanium was coming out but i figured if one did what it would have...features my se hybrid didnt the titanium gas did like spoiler, dual exhaust, and sony radio....so when the hybrid titanium was announced i wasnt quick to be excited cause i knew what the car had...what mine lacked....but now that i am finding out the titanium has features that were never advertised or mentioned to be titanium only and shown to be apart of the other trims...now im feeling like i bought a car i didnt want...my fusion comes in 2 weeks (finally) but im seriously thinking of giving up the $40K car and waiting for the hybrid titanium...that forces my dealer to have purchased a car that they paid for and must sell and forces me to wait months more when i thought i'd have the car of my dreams in 2 weeks..all because im finding out Ford has been lieing to the public about their cars. If they are going to make their trims so dramatically different that they have different tail lights on each car then they need to start advertising trims and stop advertising the car as a whole...all the pictures and videos of the 2013 fusion have mostly been titaniums for the hybrid and the SE..even on their own configurator they would use the titanium as their images for ALL THE MODELS including the base...that is VERY MISLEADING. Now you may say Ford is intelligent for giving people the power of choice, but i say Ford is simply forcing people to pile on options to get features standard with other vehicles for a lower cost. There is absolutely no reason a persons should buy a mid $30K hybrid and not get auto/start stop...BUT EVEN IF THAT WAS WHATEVER...there is absolutely no reason a person should buy a mid $30K car and not get full led taillights when that is what ford has been advertising. Only the fusion titanium gets full led tail lights..but they dont bother to tell people the other trims just have a circle of reflectors around their lights while people with a titanium get true led's.

No one praises a company that price gouges customers by forcing them to pay more money for basic features that ARE NOT worth the money. And no one praises a company that lies about the car you're buying. If a good computer was sold at $300 and a better top of the line computer was sold for $350...a simple minded customer thinks they are getting a real deal for their money. why not pay the extra $50...but in actuality if that computer SHOULD cost $200 then you realize it's actually $150 extra for the top of the line and that's a much bigger gap and you realize the basic computer was already starting out $100 over priced to begin with...If the technology in Fords cars were really so advanced and expensive to make then they would have stayed in high end $50k+ cars and wouldnt be sold in vehicles in the $20,000s...

The truth is these features...advanced cruise control..park assist...collision warning...dont cost much money at all..many of them are no longer ford exclusives and many brands offer these..but the ones that are Ford exclusive gives them a chance to charge extra money for their cars because you have no one else to compare them to except a car costing $10,000 more so to you IT IS A BARGAIN.. In truth the Fusions cost way more than the 2012's not because of the advanced technology these cars include which is what Ford would have you believe, but because of the technology the fusions have that are exclusive to the midsize segment (at least for the 2013 buying year) so you have no choice but to spend their prices if you want these features...and add on top of them other great features that would NORMALLY be added into a trim level and included free for extra money and you start thinking THEY ARE GIVING ME THE POWER OF CHOICE...I CAN CHOOSE WHAT MY CAR HAS AND I PAY FOR IT...no...all they are doing is taking features that would normally be in a 2012 Fusion SE or SEL or Hybrid and making them independent options to pay $800-$1000 bucks a piece for...sure you're giving me a choice...the choice to make my Fusion cost up to $37,400 today...when yesterdays Fusion may have started less and had all the main goodies added in the cost...and the most expensive Fusion was under $29,000... Now going to the $40,000s is normal for the Fusion..and with the Energi $40 to $50,000. There's nothing revolutionary about the fusions pricing..and it's certainly not a cheap car. If you want a cheap car you go Camry or Accord or anything else. But if you want affordable...yeah the new fusions are definitely affordable...but anyone waiting for the 2014/2015 Fusions will get the best value because ford will certainly lose their exclusivity on features that will be offered by the competition driving fusion costs down until the next reboot where if they are ahead of the game can drive prices up again. In a year or two Ford may not even have to change the Fusions prices at all, they need only include all these "options" we are paying for as standard equipment thus making the overall cost a customer has to pay for a fully loaded vehicle go down. Unfortunately we want a 2013 and we want what's new NOW...so we pay the premium of the new fusion having no competition advanced feature wise in the midsize segment...and we pay the premium of having to pay a lot to get a fully loaded car that would be a fraction of the cost with similar similar features in another car. When competition catches up starting in 2014..the fusions edge in being priced expensively will end and it will be forced to have to be priced competitively.. that means low 30's for everything you can get instead of $38,000. That also means not skimping on the basic features other companies are offering just because we offer luxury features...no HID's, for example...if the fusion is going to have so many optionals then it doesnt need to skimp on what should be standard across the midsize segment board.

Anyway, i'm just saying..anyone who thinks Fords pricing is smart doesn't know marketing. People will pay more for something that's exclusive and the fusion certainly is in a class of its own as far as looks...but it's the people that shop based on coolness and hype that keep the market expensive...it's the majority of america that refuses to buy new cars the first year it comes out. It's the majority of america who wants to wait for the prices to come down. It's the majority of america that refuses to spend a lot of money on features they can get in another car for less. It's the people who don't buy a fusion and settle for a camry or accord....its all these people that will make the future fusions more affordable and better equipped for everyone. These are the people who have not bought a Fusion yet and will make features like HIDs optional because the fusion has no reason to not have them for its cost. Meanwhile me and you will just be happy to have something new and cutting edge and are paying the premium for it. We are the valuable customers Ford is hoping to snag- the ones who buy before we try. The ones that like to look good and feel good...but hey i cant wait until mine comes...but i have every right to be upset when buying a car that isnt as advertised and the led tail lights are just reflectors... now that's cheap and stupid..and not what many of us were expecting who purchased an S, SE or SE hybrid.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Was that a question or a confirmation? I have yet to hear back from Rebecca about the issue, she is still looking into this issue as far as I know

A question since you posted this after posting about talking to her in the other thread, so I thought you got an answer, and it wasn't a good answer. Hope it is just a software issue, and you can get it updated.

Darke: many props on pouring your heart out there and articulating your emotions and thoughts. It is appreciated. I still stand behind Ford. If I didn't like the new Fusion or thought it was too expensive for what it offered, than I wouldn't even be writing this. I think this all stems back to the original Henry Ford and his model T, trying to get a desirable product out there that is affordable to most people. I think the S Fusion, with a nice set of wheels, would be an awesome car for the price. The style of the show car Evos, and later the Fusion, is what drew me in. If you feel cheated, or don't like the car for the price they're asking, no one is forcing you. I think it's an awesome car that is a big step over what anyone else is offering, and just what I want.

Darke: many props on pouring your heart out there and articulating your emotions and thoughts. It is appreciated. I still stand behind Ford. If I didn't like the new Fusion or thought it was too expensive for what it offered, than I wouldn't even be writing this. I think this all stems back to the original Henry Ford and his model T, trying to get a desirable product out there that is affordable to most people. I think the S Fusion, with a nice set of wheels, would be an awesome car for the price. The style of the show car Evos, and later the Fusion, is what drew me in. If you feel cheated, or don't like the car for the price they're asking, no one is forcing you. I think it's an awesome car that is a big step over what anyone else is offering, and just what I want.

Not saying I don't like the car..I'm getting the most expensive fusion available besides the energi as far as options go..My only grip is the car is amazing, the pricing is affordable..but the trim levels aren't as thought out as they should have been..especially when they have to hide things they know will change peoples minds like the led lighting only being full on the titanium...people and companies only have things to hide when they know it will affect opinions and sales..and companies hiding information from anxious buyers are companies not to be praised or trusted...but i'm not buying a ford to celebrate their future success or advertise them..im buying a ford because its the best car in my price range..but just because i can afford it and are buying it doesn't necessarily mean i think it's worth its weight in gold.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Don't create a conspiracy when there are much simpler explanations. Things change all the time on pre-production models for dozens of reasons. Ford would not intentionally mislead someone into thinking they're getting a specific feature when they're not because that only leads to unhappy customers. Especially with things that aren't specifically listed in the options list. If there are mistakes in print or on the website they're most likely just that - mistakes.

The only way to be sure about these things is to wait until the actual production vehicles hit dealer lots and see for yourself. These things can also change during a production run for various reasons. That's why they're called pre-production vehicles.

It's ok to be disappointed and Ford should not have mistakes on their website or brochures but there's no need to claim deception either.

Has Ford ever mentioned that S and SE do `not`have rear LED tail lamps, or stated that rear LED lamps are Titanium specific only.

Every media event, or interview of Fusion brand managers etc have only said the new Fusion is equipped with rear LED tail lamps.

But alas, it appears by proof of at least one SE owner that SE does `not`come equipped with LED tail lamps.

Full disclosure has never been a strong point for some car makers and its marketing departments.

Conspiracy seems a strong word to deduce from the conversation of the disappointed, I`d say they are just not so trusting.

Maybe the S and SE brake lights or 3rd brake lamps are LED which would make Fords claim that all new Fusions do come equipped with rear LED lighting ahem valid. :-)

Edited by MKII