C-Max Order to Delivery Time

ScooterS

Hi Everyone! Before I found this great forum, I started a thread on the other (I hope sister) site to help folks track the time from order to delivery.

Feel free to participate if you like.

You can find it as a sub-topic here.

http://fordcmaxhybri...er-and-leasing/

(I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post, I'm just trying to avoid two parallel threads. Mods, feel free to delete this thread If it shouldn't be here.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered my C-Max the day after Thanksgiving and the projected build date was "the week of January 21". I haven't received any updates yet from my dealer so I don't know if that has changed or not. Anyone have any guess how long it should take from "build date" to delivery? Thanks.

My car was scheduled for a build week of Dec 3. It got built on Mon, and I think it was loaded onto a train car by the end of a week. Train took about a week to get down to Atlanta, then we crossed the weekend to get the car to the dealer and then to me. But if you're picking yours up in Michigan, I'd expect it to be a bit faster than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a C-Max Energi about 5 days ago, and the dealer said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery to California. However the dealer has yet to supply me with an order number - I hope that is not bad news. If we get it by mid-April I will not be unhappy, but we would like a solid estimate.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a site you can go to track your cars, unfortunately cyberdman is out of pocket until after March 4th.

An important note. Read the rules and adhere to them all or your car will not be tracked!!

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Edited by chuckokie36

I ordered on November 4th. Got my VIN sometime in January, could finally view the window sticker on 2/4. Supposed to be built on 2/8 with ETA of 2/18, but now I'm being told it is still in production. It will be 16 weeks this Saturday. I am beyond frustrated.

I share your frustration, Gadget Girl.

We first placed and order in late October (or thought we did). Turns out the dealer thought they were EV certified to sell Energis, but actually were not, so the order never went through to Ford.

I hope that it is not the problem for some people still waiting for confirmation numbers. If you anyone is still waiting for order confirmation number, please check to see if the dealer is really EV certified. Should be possible by using the Ford dealer locator.

After many weeks, finally found out why the order was not in, switched to dealer hundreds of miles away to place order (Jan 18) and are now in wait mode all over again.

But at least we have a confirmation number!

Hope a VIN comes soon.

Skitime, sorry you had to wait so long, but at least I feel better and think maybe we'll be getting a vin soon. We ordered on Jan. 25. I read in a post in a sister forum from a Canadian that Ford is batching the Energi builds. Maybe this is the current batch. Hopefully it gets out ahead of the next storm (in case those storms have any impact)!

We're also watching another vehicle coming to another dealer. It was built on Feb. 2 and still has not arrived. A week ago, they called to say 7-10 days. The ETA was changed several times: 2/18; 2/25; no particular date just 7-10 days from March 1.

BTW, love your profile avatar.

Edited by rhea

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just put the deposit down on our Cmax order on 5/09/13. I was told it would take 8 weeks. The dealer only had se's and 1 no-options sel on the lot. They couldn't find one like I wanted that any dealer would trade with them. After driving the 2008 Escape hybrid since July 2009, and loving it. I can't wait to get this new one. We are trading our FEH for the Cmax.

We are getting a black/black Cmax Sel, with 303a options package. Sunroof, mudflaps, and remote start.

I ordered February 4th. No VIN as of last weekend, so I bought one from the dealer that he just got in. I ordered an Energi 303a w/Pano in Blue Candy with a light tan interior. Bought an Energi in platinum white with charcoal interior 303a w/pano.. Added 35% tint to windows and OEM mud guards. Aprox $1600 off sticker w/$750 customer cash. 76 MPG with two long non plug-in trips. Very happy!

I ordered February 4th. No VIN as of last weekend, so I bought one from the dealer that he just got in. I ordered an Energi 303a w/Pano in Blue Candy with a light tan interior. Bought an Energi in platinum white with charcoal interior 303a w/pano.. Added 35% tint to windows and OEM mud guards. Aprox $1600 off sticker w/$750 customer cash. 76 MPG with two long non plug-in trips. Very happy!

Good luck with your new Ford C-Max. Let me know if your Dealership was able to activate/enable your Daytime Running Lights, (DRL`s).

I did not activate the DRL's, as I know they use battery energy. I have auto headlights and auto wipers, but will turn on fog lamps and parking lights during light rain. Auto wipers will not turn on headlights until the rain is heavy. The only upgrades I did were OEM mudflaps and 35% tint all the way around, except the windshield, which I did 35% top 6"..

Was just curious is your Dealership was able to enable/activate the DRL`s. I`ve heard that it can no longer be done? Toyota Prius has had DRL`sforever and I hardly think that the Battery drain is a concern with a properly working alternator and electrical system that would compensate. What about the Battery drain using the Headlamps at Night? Enjoy your new ride!

• 2 months later...