Colors and pricing on Fusion Titanium Hybrid

chuckokie36

Just got this info from a dealer, they cannot order the Hybrid Titanium or Energi yet, but I got pricing and color information.

The standard Hybrid titanium is only available in: Ingot silver metallic, Ruby red tinted clear-coat, and Tuxedo Black Metallic.

Pricing:

Fusn Titnm Hybr $32,200

Ruby red T/C 395

Moonroof 895

Nav 795

Adapt Cruise 995

Driver assist 1000

Destination and delivery 795

Total $ 36,280

As stated elsewhere the Energi plugin Hybrid Titanium starts at $40,200 with less equipment than the hybrid titanium, such as standard wheels are the Hybrid 17" with no options for 18", no dual outlet exhaust, no aluminum brake and accelerator pedal covers and aluminum sill plates and others

$40,200 plus the above options and destination and delivery = $45,075 after the $3,750 tax rebate that still is $41,325 ---- $5,045 more after the 3,750 tax rebate

Looks like I will be going withe the Hybrid Titanium and settle for around 47MPG =

According to this brochure http://home.comcast....ionBrochure.pdf the Titanium and SE hybrids are available in the same colors. Maybe the color restrictions were for the Energi.

I have that brochure and I showed it to the dealer, he entered my order into the system ( I wanted White Platinum) and it got kicked back listing the three colors I had on my post .

This is a very large dealer in a metro area that is also an approved electric dealer, they have chargers installed and are all trained on the plugins as well. The prices on mp post about the Energi came from there.

I hope you are right!!

I will visit another dealer soon and try again with white Platinum and see what happens.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you get off MSRP?

I have X-plan as well and I am still talking with dealers waiting for a Hybrid to arrive at a local dealer so I can drive it

I was told they start building in December. they have agreed to tinted windows free and mabye Invisi-shield ( like a clear Bra) for the front of cariIf you go to the ford X-plan site you can price exactly what you will pay with all options it is very close to invoice.

• Like 1

yeah im thinking of going with the titanium hybrid and forgetting about my se hybrid coming in 2 weeks..i want a car that can truly work for me..and if your pricing is right ill save a few hundred more getting the titanium over the se hybrid! thats awesome!!!...the colors suck though...i was getting white platinum tricoat...its coming in 2 weeks but now i may have to go with ingot silver...that color is freaking sexy as a mother...

Edited by DarkeRetribution

I'm guessing it's just a problem with the order system.

X plan is about $250 over invoice and they can only charge $100 doc fee so that's better. The dealer actually makes more money on a plan sale because they also get a spiff check of a few hundred dollars making their effective price about $600-$700 over invoice so it's a win/win.

Just got this info from a dealer, they cannot order the Hybrid Titanium or Energi yet, but I got pricing and color information.

The standard Hybrid titanium is only available in: Ingot silver metallic, Ruby red tinted clear-coat, and Tuxedo Black Metallic.

Pricing:

Fusn Titnm Hybr $32,200

Ruby red T/C 395

Moonroof 895

Nav 795

Adapt Cruise 995

Driver assist 1000

Destination and delivery 795

Total $ 36,280

As stated elsewhere the Energi plugin Hybrid Titanium starts at $40,200 with less equipment than the hybrid titanium, such as standard wheels are the Hybrid 17" with no options for 18", no dual outlet exhaust, no aluminum brake and accelerator pedal covers and aluminum sill plates and others

$40,200 plus the above options and destination and delivery = $45,075 after the $3,750 tax rebate that still is $41,325 ---- $5,045 more after the 3,750 tax rebate

Looks like I will be going withe the Hybrid Titanium and settle for around 47MPG =

Are you sure that the Hybrid Titanium will only be available in those three colors? Is the interior color only black or can dune be selected?

Are you sure that the Hybrid Titanium will only be available in those three colors? Is the interior color only black or can dune be selected?

No. I ordered my hybrid titanium and it is available in all the colors..not just three...i got mine in white platinum tricoat just like i did my hybrid SE i canceled. Interior color of the hybrid fusion WILL ONLY BE BLACK...end of story...but the exterior is any color you can get any normal fusion titanium in.

Are the19" h-spoke wheels available on the titanium hybrid? There seems to be some confusion /doubt based on the brochure and dealers order sheet (they dont seem to be listed on either). Of course my dealer said they cant officially order it yet either which i am doubting based on a couple others who have changed their order.

Edited by lmp180psu

Are the19" h-spoke wheels available on the titanium hybrid? There seems to be some confusion /doubt based on the brochure and dealers order sheet (they dont seem to be listed on either). Of course my dealer said they cant officially order it yet either which i am doubting based on a couple others who have changed their order.

The hybrid titanium seems to only come with the standard 18' polished face with flash gray-painted pocket rims. No upgrade options are available for the hybrid titanium in terms of rim choices.

I wonder if running the 19" non fuel saving tires on the Hybrid will be like 46mpg :o

Under real world driving conditions and from car to car not everyone would get 47mpg combined anyway...those ETA "perfect" numbers are something one can hope to achieve under the right conditions and if their individual car is designed as the EPA test cars...imperfections in the manufacturing process on a number of components could make that exact number never be achievable 100% of the time. I think drivers will soon discover how much fuel economy the hybrid fusion normally gets as more are sold and driven...but i seriously doubt the rims would be your #1 concern for not reaching 47mpg and losing 1 mpg. With 18" rims or 19" rims if your driving seems to get you a max of 39mpg in the city or 43 on the highway then that's what you'll get..regardless of wheel size. Simply, the mpg take away from the rims would be nominal compared to the take away from your driving habits, braking habits, and the type of terrain you have to go through.

It's not the size of the wheel itself that'll get you, it'll be the design and size of the tire tread and compound itself that will, bigger tires are going to cause more rolling resistance. While it wont make much of a difference, but it will again, be less than advertised. So people will have to keep that in mind and factor it in.

It's like adding bigger tires to a 4x4 truck, it can reduce your fuel mileage greatly, while not as extreme in this case.

Edited by -Strike-

About EPA ratings. I have a 2010 Fusion with the V6 motor. the EPA sticker for this car says 27 highway. Since the car was new I've always gottten more than 27 MPG. I consistantly get 30 to a max of 34.4 on the highway with the CC on and set to 70 in a 65 MPH speeed limit. I get between 24 to 27 MPG in town. The sticker says 22 MPG.

I talked with a Ford Factoy Rep. about 2 years ago about this and he said that Ford consistantly understates their MPG figures. He said that it's to keep the customers happy. Think about it - if the sticker says 27MPG and you can never get better that 25, are you going to be happy?

BTW - when I went to the Fusion school held for the dealer's sales staff, I asked the Ford Rep. the same question and received the same answer.

Edited by hermans

My concern isn't necessarily the 1-2 mpg possible loss with the 19"rims/tires, but the availability of them. I wonder if Ford thinks the hybrid system couldn't handle the added weight of the rims and tires. I doesnt make sense they wouldn't be available since they are on the gas titanium but Ford definitely has made some odd decisions before. If i am going to pay $3000 extra to move up to the titanium, i want the option of nicer rims (i just don't find the base 18's very attractive, no offense). I was ready to do it if i can get the 19's, but if they arent available i may just stick with my SE with appearance package and tech package. The $700 i would save not getting the 19's could be used toward other rims, but good luck finding even nice 18" rims and tires for less than $1000. I was so hyped to upgrade, now i am a bit disappointed.

I think in general the Titanium Hybrid is going to get less fuel economy than the SE. With all the added weight the additional titanium features add to the car, its sure going to effect it. Maybe not by much, but it will be more than the SE. Maybe this is another reason why the 19" rims aren't available. Adding those rims plus all the added weight will sure make it a large enough difference that they don't want the PR headache. But this is all speculation, but something to be aware of.

• Like 2

Tire size has made a 2-3 MPG difference on my 2007 Prius Touring.

The size that came on the car was 195/55/16, at replacement time, because of price I switched to 205/55/16.

My gas mileage dropped right away 2-3 MPG.

So in my case anyway the larger tires make a difference, It is also interesting that the size on the 2013 fusion Energi comes in only the 17" rims and tires

Edited by chuckokie36

I think in general the Titanium Hybrid is going to get less fuel economy than the SE. With all the added weight the additional titanium features add to the car, its sure going to effect it. Maybe not by much, but it will be more than the SE. Maybe this is another reason why the 19" rims aren't available. Adding those rims plus all the added weight will sure make it a large enough difference that they don't want the PR headache. But this is all speculation, but something to be aware of.

This is true. Whatever the quoted mpg is will be for the base hybrid SE. Any option which adds weight or affects aerodynamics or tire changes are going to have at least some effect on mpg. And it's a percentage effect which means it will be a greater mpg difference on a high mpg vehicle than on a low one.

Tire size has made a 2-3 MPG difference on my 2007 Prius Touring.

The size that came on the car was 195/55/16, at replacement time, because of price I switched to 205/55/16.

My gas mileage dropped right away 2-3 MPG.

So in my case anyway the larger tires make a difference, It is also interesting that the size on the 2013 fusion Energi comes in only the 17" rims and tires

Are you sure it was the same tire compound?

Believe it or not the hybrid weighs the exact same as the 2.5 liter base S model at 3,615 pounds. The titanium actually weighs 3,526 pounds.

The titanium hybrid isn't going to get that much less in mpg than the se hybrid. That's silly. For one thing pre-production models are used in EPA testing which means they probably used a hybrid between what we would call today a hybrid se and a hybrid titanium. Remember, unless you've forgotten, many of the pre-production hybrids were titaniums in disguise so the numbers may very well be from a hybrid titanium versus the stripped down hybrid se (such as no led red tail lights) ford finalized on sale today.

Secondly, EPA numbers (assuming no optionals are added) are on the base model...that means as soon as you start adding ANYTHING...park assist, MFT with navigation and dual clusters, apperance package with spoiler or luxury package with all the cams, sensors, and leather seats...MPG will change and i can almost certainly guarantee most of you featured-up your fusions so you'll all lose some of the 47mpg. Secondly...the hybrid comes with 17 inch wheels standard so if you're even asking about mpg loss from 18 to 19 then think about mpg loss from 17 to 18...you're already losing some. Furthermore, the titaniums exclusive features like ambient lighting, spoiler, and chrome trim on the doors are so nominal. The navigation system would weigh more than some of that...and heaven forbid you added the moonroof to your car...the most heavy accessory yet...one that actually requires a seperate frame for the fusion to fit the thing...that may lose MPG...so it's not like you're looking at the titanium not meeting EPA numbers...your driving habits will keep you from reaching it, the road conditions will, and the very car you configured is configured against the estimated MPG..fact remains there is little difference in the titaniums weight...a normal fusion (SE) weighs 3,421 and a titanium weighs 3,526. That's a difference of 105 pounds. With that respect and the hybrid being 3,615 ..assuming that's not a titanium hybrid weight that 105 pound difference lessens as you add titanium features to your SE in options or change the wheels.

The EPA tests vehicles by driving them around in the real world, but mostly using a dynamometer. It's used in the "city" program to replicate an urban rush-hour driving experience in which the vehicle is started with the engine cold and is driven in stop-and-go traffic with frequent idling... Right away that does not match everyones daily commute. The car also only goes an average speed of 20 mph and a top speed of 56mph...that is not most people's street driving all the time on 55mph streets.

The "highway" program is just a 12.5 minute test over 10 miles with an average speed of 48mpg and a top speed of 60mph...both of these tests are performed with the vehicles air conditioning and other accessories turned off..that means dont have your phones or bluetooth going guys....

Basically, after you know this you realize their tests are not very typical of the average driver at all...who doesn't go over 60mph on the highway? if you took their results as a golden standard then no one would get 47mpg at all unless you drove as a blind old woman with no place to go. But we all drive OUTSIDE those ranges frequently which means our actual real world MPG can easily be less than 47mpg...or easily greater! From all the reviews of this car the hybrids have all gotten in the high 30s..i think i only read one review in which a man got over 47mph and that was while coasting for a long period of time. This makes perfect sense because most experts have found the EPA's ratings for hybrids are overstated by a factor of at least 20% which would make the 2013 Fusion hybrids ideal mpg 37.5 ...and THAT IS ACTUALLY WHAT MOST REVIEWERS HAVE BEEN REPORTING....high 30s. This discrepency can be wider if you drive primarily on the highway where hybrids tend to be less efficient than in stop-and-go city conditions.

The EPA does all of their testing on the dyno. They actually capture the exhaust and measure the weight of the output to calculate how much fuel was consumed.

They also added more tests a few years ago that include a highway sprint up to 80 and use of A/C. This resulted in lower EPA ratings which were closer to what consumers were actually experiencing.

• Like 1

I just read that Hyundai and Kia had to re-issue their EPA numbers and offer refunds on gas purchases to customers. Apparently this affects most of their cars and the hybrids. Car companies do not want to have to deal with PR issues like this, so I still stand by what I said in my previous post. The change in wheel size or weight may only be 1-2 mpg, but if you look at the issues with Hyundai and Kia most of their numbers are only 1-2 mpg off from the EPA numbers. It may not be a huge concern (to some), but these numbers are used to sell these cars, and if any company (Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, etc.) promotes higher EPA numbers than what the cars actually achieve, then they will get beat up in the press and in the sales.

http://wot.motortren...ror-286177.html

http://wot.motortren...res-286419.html

There must be a reason for not offering the 19" wheels and this might probably be one of them. The only way around this is have the Titanium Hybrid tested separately before they start shipping to have the numbers more accurately reflect that model. Now, let me get one thing straight. I don't know for sure or claim to have any insider access/knowledge to these decisions, but I do try to make the most logical and rational conclusions. If I am wrong (which is quiet possibly possible as my wife likes to point out) then I will admit it.