Hybrid Titanium Ordered!! 10/30/12

chuckokie36

I will visit a dealer tomorrow and if my trade-in price is right will order a Hybrid Titanium.

White Platinum

Moonroof

Driver assist Pkg

Adaptive Cruise

Premium floor mats

Navigation

MSRP $37,350.

X-Plan $35,186.

This dealer said I could get White Platinum, so we will see!!

I was told they start building in December.

Edited by chuckokie36

I will visit a dealer tomorrow and if my trade-in price is right will order a Hybrid Titanium.

White Platinum

Moonroof

Driver assist Pkg

Adaptive Cruise

Premium floor mats

Navigation

MSRP $37,350.

X-Plan $35,186.

This dealer said I could get White Platinum, so we will see!!

I was told they start building in December.

So wait your dealer is letting you order one early..how is that possible..special for you or an actual official ford order where you put down money on it and it will be one of the first built...cause i didnt know ordering for it was open yet nationwide..imma call my dealer right now.

Well my Fusion Hybrid Titanium is in the ford order bank.

Code Item Retail Price

POR FUSN TITNM HYBR $32200

UG WHITE PLAT TRI $495

C LTHR SEATS SPRT N/C

W CHARCOAL BLACK

LANE KEEPING SYS

BLIND SPOT DET

900A EQUIP GROUP

99U 2.0L I4 HEV

44J ECVT AUTO TRANS

12C PREM FLOOR MATS $175

13B MOONROOF W/UGDO $ 895

FRONT LIC BRKT N/C

425 50 STATE EMISSION N/C

53B ADAPTIVE CRUISE $995

60N NAVIGATION $795

90A DRIVER'S ASSIST $1000

96B TRUNK CARGO NET $25

DEST & DELIVERY $795

Total Base and Options $37,375

My Price--- X-plan $35,143

By The way , A/Z plan was $33,635 D plan was $33,735

My order is an the Ford data bank I have an order# Priority - 10 they start building JOB 2( what they call the Hybrid Titanium) in December

Edited by chuckokie36

Just placed my order for the 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium as well! :D They'll sell the SE to someone else.

Note* Some dealers will need convincing or may not take orders right now. It doesn't seem like they all know they can take orders or up-convert an existing order for that vehicle. I'm so glad mines getting placed though! :D Next year can't come soon enough!

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Looks like all the colors that are in the Fusion brochure available elsewhere on this site are available.

The order codes and prices are listed above.

I think most dealers just do not check to see what is available when.... too busy selling F-150s here in Texas.

I had been working with an Internet salesman to watch and see when prices and order availability were on Fords dealer website, He called yesterday!!

You see the result.!!

Awesome for you! That is almost the exact same build I would get. Are all of the standard colors available?

Now I just have to convince my dealer that the titanium hybrid does in fact exist and can be ordered...

I see you are situated in Fort Worth. There has to be dealers around there that actively sell Hybrids and understand them.

I was in Houston last weekend and was able to price the Fusion Energi and the Titanium Hybrid, and could have ordered either one at that time with the understanding the the build of Hybrid Titanium's would begin in December and who knows when on the Energi.

Keep pressing them, call other dealers, there are lots near you. ( I moved to East Texas from Keller,TX just a year ago), so I an very familiar with your area.

I have a Honda Hybrid and a Toyota Prius now and I am amazed at how little most ford salesmen know about Hybrids. It is no wonder Toyota hybrids are outselling all other hybrids

I called ford Customer service some time ago after the Hybrid Titanium was announced to ask if there would be an Energi Titanium, they said no, sorry none planned.

I found out last weekend that in fact there would be a luxury Energi and a Titanium Energi

Edited by chuckokie36
  • Like 1

Awesome for you! That is almost the exact same build I would get. Are all of the standard colors available?

Now I just have to convince my dealer that the titanium hybrid does in fact exist and can be ordered...

I see you are situated in Fort Worth. There has to be dealers around there that actively sell Hybrids and understand them.

I was in Houston last weekend and was able to price the Fusion Energi and the Titanium Hybrid, and could have ordered either one at that time with the understanding the the build of Hybrid Titanium's would begin in December and who knows when on the Energi.

Keep pressing them, call other dealers, there are lots near you. ( I moved to East Texas from Keller,TX just a year ago), so I an very familiar with your area.

I have a Honda Hybrid and a Toyota Prius now and I am amazed at how little most ford salesmen know about Hybrids. It is no wonder Toyota hybrids are outselling all other hybrids

It's even funnier when you call Ford's customer service to ask them about the Fusion and they have no idea on what you're asking so they put you on hold to get customer service for themselves first to tell them what the car offers lol. *rolls eyes*

I sent a copy of your order to my salesman with the following message: "The more I have thought about it, the more I have decided that now that they are doing a Titanium hybrid I would prefer that over the SE even though it would cost a bit more and would involve waiting another two or three months. Can I cancel my existing order and place a new one and have you found out any information about this yet?

We shall see.

I sent a copy of your order to my salesman with the following message: "The more I have thought about it, the more I have decided that now that they are doing a Titanium hybrid I would prefer that over the SE even though it would cost a bit more and would involve waiting another two or three months. Can I cancel my existing order and place a new one and have you found out any information about this yet?

We shall see.

We shall see.

Good for you!! The local ford dealers need to do a much better job training their salesmen, it is amazing how much it varies from dealer to dealer.

My closest ford dealer is horrible when it comes to Hybrids, I Talked with the sales manager about Hybrids and he said "Hybrids just are not feasible around here!"They missed out on a $35,000 sale because of that attitude

We shall see.

So I talked to him originally on Monday. He said he would get back to me about it Tuesday or Wednesday. I emailed him Tuesday and Wednesday. No response. Now it is Thursday. I just did find my SE hybrid which was scheduled for the week of 11/19 is now scheduled for 11/7 and my old car is starting to act a little squirrely so I may just leave my order as is and hopefully get my car this month. The customer service involved here though is aggravating me. If I exhibited that kind of customer service I would get fired. Maybe they just hope if they stall long enough my car will come in and I will just take it. (I might) My wife says I should ask for my deposit back and go to another dealer.

My sales guy got back to me with an added $1800 to upgrade to Titanium. NOT worth it, so I'll be going with the SE. I might be tempted, but one of my dogs is sick and I have a feeling I'm going to need that extra money to get testing for him.

My sales guy got back to me with an added $1800 to upgrade to Titanium. NOT worth it, so I'll be going with the SE. I might be tempted, but one of my dogs is sick and I have a feeling I'm going to need that extra money to get testing for him.

I think the price increase is definitely worth it! There are some upgrades you can't get by building up the SE. The upgrades for that price include the 12 speaker Sony stereo, the remote start & intelligent key (with push button start), the cool looking dual exhausts, all-LED tail lights, ambient interior lighting, rear deck spoiler, chrome door handles... i may be missing a few. None of these are even an option with the SE. (except the spoiler, but that's only with the appearance package, not the luxury with leather)

I think the price increase is definitely worth it! There are some upgrades you can't get by building up the SE. The upgrades for that price include the 12 speaker Sony stereo, the remote start & intelligent key (with push button start), the cool looking dual exhausts, all-LED tail lights, ambient interior lighting, rear deck spoiler, chrome door handles... i may be missing a few. None of these are even an option with the SE. (except the spoiler, but that's only with the appearance package, not the luxury with leather)

I know! And if I were not already stretching my budget to get what I'm getting, I'd be doing it. But I can't justify putting off tests for the dog just 'cause I'm saving money for this car. Wish it were otherwise, but my dog is more important to me!

• Like 4

Jeeze remember this is a Ford - not a luxury brand. A Titanium Hybrid is probably going to be $40,000+ in Canadian dollars... Seems over priced to me to get push button start that is standard on Prius, Camry Hybrid, Sonata Hybrid, Altima Hybrid...

Because a Titanium hybrid is exactly like a Camry, Sonata or Altima hybrid. Check the options comparison. And none of those get 47 mpg either.

• Like 1

I know! And if I were not already stretching my budget to get what I'm getting, I'd be doing it. But I can't justify putting off tests for the dog just 'cause I'm saving money for this car. Wish it were otherwise, but my dog is more important to me!

Well, I certainly can't disagree with that! I would do the same. Hope your dog is ok.

Well, I certainly can't disagree with that! I would do the same. Hope your dog is ok.

Thanks, way off topic but he's quite a survivor and has had a lot of illness that he's managed to overcome even though the odds were not at all in his favor. He's 15 and has started having episodes of collapsing and having seizure like symptoms. Took him to the vet this week but of course nothing obvious was found, so we're in for yet another round of testing to figure it out. With all the money I have spent on this dog's health issues over the past five years I could have bought this car several times over! But, we don't have kids, so our pets mean the world to us.