August incentives

F350

Great job Ford with the new incentives ,a little smoke and mirrors take $500 off here and put it there . DO they think people are dumb they are the exact same incentives as last month al least on the models I looked at this is Ford in a nut shell :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: Bring back Employee Pricing and the vehicles will fly off the lots

Edited by F350

Great job Ford with the new incentives ,a little smoke and mirrors take $500 off here and put it there . DO they think people are dumb they are the exact same incentives as last month al least on the models I looked at this is Ford in a nut shell :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: Bring back Employee Pricing and the vehicles will fly off the lots

They are in business to make profit, and alot of that gets re-invested. If they start this employee pricing again, They will nee a Way Backward/Forward plan!!!

FORD - DO NOT GIVE IN

Edited by danglin

yeah, lets just give all the vehicles away.

I don't think that Ford actually looses money on employee sales, do they?

They might not make as much profit, but any profit is better than having no profit from no sales.

Ford does not loose money on employee pricing (are you that blind to see this) they just make a good chunk of money on us when we buy on the regular market price

at the end og July ford has 83 day supply of SUV's and Trucks and 48 day supply of cars ... SUV's could use some help, but they are not in terrible shape.

Cars on the other hand need no help whatsoever - 48 day supply is well below the industry standard of 60 days.

Ford does not need brand wide discounts - but model specific incentives would help, of course .. However Ford's main goal this year is PROFIT not MARKET SHARE....

if yo uare upset that you cannot get as sweet of a deal on a Ford you want, go to DCX, they will happily package in a free Commander if you purchase a Caliber ;)

Igor

at the end og July ford has 83 day supply of SUV's and Trucks and 48 day supply of cars ... SUV's could use some help, but they are not in terrible shape.

Cars on the other hand need no help whatsoever - 48 day supply is well below the industry standard of 60 days.

Ford does not need brand wide discounts - but model specific incentives would help, of course .. However Ford's main goal this year is PROFIT not MARKET SHARE....

if yo uare upset that you cannot get as sweet of a deal on a Ford you want, go to DCX, they will happily package in a free Commander if you purchase a Caliber ;)

Igor

Maybe DCX is not a bad idea

i am not one to pick on spelling and grammar errors. but since its my pet peeve and i have seen it twice in this thread..its lose...not loose.

if you sell a car for less than it cost to build..you lose money

Cost to build it or what they say the cost is to cover all expences including ads, lawyers, Bill and Mark?

Edited by sparks will fly

Ford has been trying (desperately) to cut BACK on incentives and move less vehicles at higher profits, NOT sell as many cars as they can at bargain basement prices. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is no way to make it in the automotive world. The fact that you feel that Ford is obligated to sell you a car at a ridiculous discount shows you the problem with the American public in general - they're not willing to pay the asking price for domestic vehicles but they'll gladly hand out MSRP to companies like Toyota and Honda. That has to end if the domestic brands are to survive. Like someone else said, go over to your Dodge dealer and let them shoot themselves in the foot by selling you a car at 0% with extra money on the hood.

Ford has been trying (desperately) to cut BACK on incentives and move less vehicles at higher profits, NOT sell as many cars as they can at bargain basement prices. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is no way to make it in the automotive world. The fact that you feel that Ford is obligated to sell you a car at a ridiculous discount shows you the problem with the American public in general - they're not willing to pay the asking price for domestic vehicles but they'll gladly hand out MSRP to companies like Toyota and Honda. That has to end if the domestic brands are to survive. Like someone else said, go over to your Dodge dealer and let them shoot themselves in the foot by selling you a car at 0% with extra money on the hood.

Exaclty like you said Ford is trying to make the biggest profit and screw the working person so Bill can line his pocket and laugh all the way to the bank .Why as the American public should we pay full price ,American vehicles don't hold S*** for a trade or resale value but yet foreign vehicles have a higher resale and better trade value (ask any dealer they will say almost the same thing) So basically I am suppose to pay full price ,then get screwed when I go to purchase a new vehicle because I payed 40,000 for the new car and only 1 year later the vehicle is worth 26,000 on a trade GREAT DEAL I am glad they are getting all your money I in turn will try to keep as much in my pocket as I can

One of the reasons they don't hold their value is BECAUSE of the incentives. :rolleyes:

Great than if that is the only reason then I could get top dollar for my trade if Ford stopped incentives :rolleyes:

Edited by F350

Great than if that is the only reason then I could get top dollar for my trade if Ford stopped incentives :rolleyes:

what is your point?

because you make no sense ... if Ford does not stop with incentives, there will be no Ford - and I know you know that ... So you have to pay fair price for your vehicle.. so be it ... that is what it cost Ford to build, and that is the price of the product..

get over yourself.

Igor

what is your point?

because you make no sense ... if Ford does not stop with incentives, there will be no Ford - and I know you know that ... So you have to pay fair price for your vehicle.. so be it ... that is what it cost Ford to build, and that is the price of the product..

get over yourself.

Igor

If you dont like the conversation dont post or it let alone dont read it

Get over yourself

Not the only reason, but an important one. Ford also has to limit fleet sales, improve long term quality, and the other step they needed to do was offer a longer warranty.

Point taken

Thanks

Exaclty like you said Ford is trying to make the biggest profit and screw the working person so Bill can line his pocket and laugh all the way to the bank .Why as the American public should we pay full price ,American vehicles don't hold S*** for a trade or resale value but yet foreign vehicles have a higher resale and better trade value (ask any dealer they will say almost the same thing) So basically I am suppose to pay full price ,then get screwed when I go to purchase a new vehicle because I payed 40,000 for the new car and only 1 year later the vehicle is worth 26,000 on a trade GREAT DEAL I am glad they are getting all your money I in turn will try to keep as much in my pocket as I can

I hardly think Ford is attempting to "screw the working person" by asking people to pay a fair price for their vehicles. Resale value is what the general public is "willing" to pay for a used vehicle. Obviously right now people consider some vehicles (Honda/Toyota) to be worth more used than others (domestic). If you feel that your money is better invested in an import vehicle due to better resale then by all means spend it there. Many people do. But, do not expect Ford to slash their prices, make no profit, and continue their downward spiral just so you can have the vehicle you want at the price you want. It's your money to spend, spend it where it makes the most sense, but don't pretend it's going to be better spent at a Dodge or GM dealership, their boats have just as much water on board.

I hardly think Ford is attempting to "screw the working person" by asking people to pay a fair price for their vehicles. Resale value is what the general public is "willing" to pay for a used vehicle. Obviously right now people consider some vehicles (Honda/Toyota) to be worth more used than others (domestic). If you feel that your money is better invested in an import vehicle due to better resale then by all means spend it there. Many people do. But, do not expect Ford to slash their prices, make no profit, and continue their downward spiral just so you can have the vehicle you want at the price you want. It's your money to spend, spend it where it makes the most sense, but don't pretend it's going to be better spent at a Dodge or GM dealership, their boats have just as much water on board.

Dont get me wrong I do not mind a business making some money ,thats what makes the world go round but lets just cut to the BS when they have employee pricing there is no back and forth with the dealers thats it what you see is the price .Without employee pricing there is alot of BS with the dealer I like what I have heard about the new EX's dropping the MSRP so maybe this is the future make the MSRP the bottom line no BS you know what you are going to pay up front . As far as Ford and what they make on a vehicle I would love to know the bottom line of what it cost them to make a vehicle and how much profit they really make ( not just a guess actuall facts )

No problem.

For the record, I am in the same boat as you. I purchased a 2004 Explorer V8. Basically an EB, but with grey leather instead of tan. Every option you can have, short of buying the Limited. With the optional DVD player, it priced out just shy of $40,000 before A-plan. That was on March 15th, 2004. My trade in is hovering at about $18,000 now. ;)

I FEEL YOUR PAIN I have a 04 Explorer also EB I know what you are feeling

Edited by F350

As far as Ford and what they make on a vehicle I would love to know the bottom line of what it cost them to make a vehicle and how much profit they really make ( not just a guess actuall facts )

Considering they lost $284 million last quarter, whatever they make when they sell them isn't enough. :doh:

Well I bought last summer under the Ford Family Plan and I got an Explorer that had an MSRP of just over $34,000 for just over $25,000!!! I think however when the salesman said Ford will probably never do this again...he was right! I am glad I bought then, heck my father and brother did too. That was a sale of a lifetime, unless Ford gives in, but I don't think they will this time.

Well Ford... you got me this time...

I have been a poster boy for you and my Explorer (which i still really enjoy), but the fact that us early adopters of your redone Explorers are now getting the shaft on this deal really chaps my hide.

OK so since i got a rebate when i got mine... that would equate out right?

:blah:

NOPE..

and here is why/how...

:doh:

IF i were to purchase my or any 2006 Explorer... TODAY (or since 7/14/06) ...

I would NOT only get the warranty... but also the following Incentive Program Details:

$3000 Cash Back

:banghead:

Sorry, this is crap... crap crap crap... Ford, i hope you listen, cuz this stinks!

And, you expect what? Them to cut you a check for $3000? :shrug:

I don't get what's going on here. Do people not understand that things (including cars) go on sale at various prices at various times? Is this something unique to Ford? Did you not know that a 2006 Explorer bought at the end of the model year would be cheaper than one bought months before? Granted, the warranty issue is annoying, but Ford isn't going to go back and add the longer warranty to every vehicle purchased before they instituted it. Life isn't fair sometimes. I hope your Explorer gives you nothing but trouble-free years and works out, but I don't think Ford (or any other manufacturer in a similar situation) is at fault.

I don't get what's going on here. Do people not understand that things (including cars) go on sale at various prices at various times? Is this something unique to Ford? Did you not know that a 2006 Explorer bought at the end of the model year would be cheaper than one bought months before? Granted, the warranty issue is annoying, but Ford isn't going to go back and add the longer warranty to every vehicle purchased before they instituted it. Life isn't fair sometimes. I hope your Explorer gives you nothing but trouble-free years and works out, but I don't think Ford (or any other manufacturer in a similar situation) is at fault.

odd, i was looking at a slightly used, earlier made 06 five hundred and i asked about the new warranty, the dealer said although for released this new warranty later, all 06s will be covered under it free of cost.. ???

odd, i was looking at a slightly used, earlier made 06 five hundred and i asked about the new warranty, the dealer said although for released this new warranty later, all 06s will be covered under it free of cost.. ???

Better get it in writting.... could be cuz you are taking delivery later... but i dunno...

I don't want a check for $3k (thou i would not complain) what i want is to not be SHAFTED for buying early and NOT having the same WARRANTY coverage for the SAME MODEL YEAR vehicle...

This could be the last Ford i own, sorry.

Poeple read and hear all the truth about Ford products and would rather not take the chance. With all the employees now wondering if they have any leadership no one is going to buy last years crap. I think I'll wait and see what San Antonio puts out in a year or so then make a decision. The F150 is old and will lose it sales lead THIS year. Ford is in deep shit when their employees dont want to by their stuff. Its a business decision I will make, since Fords way downward is also a business decision.

Gawd I hate this company and its lack of leadership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all those who bought early and missed out on an extra 2 years warranty on Ford/Mercury/Lincoln vehicles, I am sorry.

Timing. Timing is everything.

That, unfortunately, is life.

As for Ford never offering the great deals again....well, don't count on it. With all the vehicles on the lots, the forced downweeks of many plants due to overcapacity, and the new addiction to incentives by the consumer, I see it happening some more. Companies will have to accept a narrower profit margin. I had a previous post similar to this.

Ford Family pricing is back in Canada. It offers a delivery allowance up to $10,000 (for the Navigator), and the same deal as Ford Employee's A-Plan (approximately $5,000). However, we have it in our collective agreement we receive $2,000 on top of it.

This week, Ford of Canada Employees have received a letter from Ford. It offers an additional Summer Bonus, up to $4,200 (for the Navigator) on top of the current incentives.

Here's an attachment of the scan of the letter I got.

I'm interested in the 2006 Lincoln LS. A 6 Year Warranty (with 6 years of free oil changes, free brakes/hoses/belts, and 24Hr roadside assistance), a $6,000 delivery allowance, $5,000 off for A-Plan/Family Pricing, $2,000 off for hourly collective agreement, and now $3,000 off for the new Summer Bonus. That's a $16,000 discount! :) I'LL TAKE IT!

It'll be my first new car.

Again, it's all in the timing. I'm lucky. I wish all those the same luck. For those who weren't as lucky, I agree in wishing all those, years of trouble free use.

Trebor.

post-11258-1156027344_thumb.jpg