Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study

Most of us do post in the car related threads. those who don't can be ignored.

You're not the problem and it's difficult to ignore the 4 or 5 people who are the worst offenders due to the sheer number of topics that get opened.

Almost none of this political banter has anything to do with Ford or Ford cars or the automotive industry.

At least limit it to one or two topics so if I want to open a non-political off topic topic it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Why people think this is their own private website where they can do anything they want is beyond me.

DANG!

Originally, Ford Employee Only section was home to these very same political threads and as I think it should be AMONG FORD EMPLOYEES. Well last year, the cry babies had us booted out into the public view to "Off Topic".

(Channeling Ron White, "Mr. White, you are being charged with drunk... in... publ-ic-kah!" I was like, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! I was drunk in a bar. They threw me into pub-lic. I don't want to be drunk in pub-lic, I want to be drunk in a bar, which is perfectly legal... arrest them!")

Not by choice and we were not asked how to name the Title. But ALL political threads were dumped there. And now a year later, these non-Ford employees come along wanting to boot us from "Off Topic". GIVE ME A BREAK!

How about returning the forum to Employees Only. It was the origin of these topics and I submit that the political opinions amongst ourselves is a unique and important opportunity to discuss our views as seen through the eyes of employment within Ford. A nice niche market and certainly impossible to establish anywhere else.

There are Ford employees posting in the non-employee area that find this all a bit much too. Enough with the us-vs-them mentality. It's about creating an overall sense of what the forums are for. Are these Ford forums with some political diatribe in the middle or is it a political forum with an occasional tidbit about Ford?

Just ask me and I'll go away.

I came here interested in discussing all things Ford. And you can't tell me there is NOTHING to be said about politics relative to FORD!

I think the stereotypical UAW Hourly "Democrat" vs. the Company "Republican" debate is a falsehood. There are issues and arguments to be made for Ford Employees to consider beyond those typecast roles.

But, as I have said, it's your "sand box" and just tell me I am not welcome to come over and play, and I will leave. It is YOUR forum. And I fully accept that.

Or I can stay and your page views will continue. OAC News has 666,766 views. WOW. But, the third highest views and replies are for Obama Failures. (2,711 replies/68,995 Views) It looks like there are a few page hits and a few active members spending time on your site. You are welcome.

I await your response if my political commentaries are unwelcome.

"Off Topic" should be for regular posters who discuss Ford automotive topics to discuss other topics with each other. Not a sandbox for political discussions for people who never contribute anything to the automotive section of this automotive website and who only come here for political banter and sparring.

It's simply not necessary. Go find a political forum.

There are Ford employees posting in the non-employee area that find this all a bit much too. Enough with the us-vs-them mentality. It's about creating an overall sense of what the forums are for. Are these Ford forums with some political diatribe in the middle or is it a political forum with an occasional tidbit about Ford?

I'd gladly post more in the Ford employee section but it seems the mods only give a shit about bitching about political discussions in this section instead of moderating that section. Go to the employee section and see 30 posts a day about:

Big Country's donuts with the special glaze on them.

But all we get is

wahhhh...you guys want to post about politics wahhhh

Yes, political discussions are so much worse than someone posting repeated replies about jerking off on to donuts. Especially when he's referencing the "Corn" donuts. You can't talk politics at BON but you can talk poop donuts with ejaculate on them. All the time.

Edited by Langston Hughes

Heck, over in the automotive threads I really like Mark. How will we bust each others peaches if we can't argue politics?

Yes, the funny thing is that when it comes to things automotive, Mark Morrow and I agree quite a bit. And I respect his knowledge of older cars, based on his part-time work in body repair when he was younger (and western Pennsylvania, with its tough winters, provides plenty of opportunity to repair both rust and collision damage). I even agree with retro-man on most automotive topics, which I'm sure is a source of amusement to him in some ways.

A big problem is that these threads seem to start with someone posting a link or opinion that one side or the other is solely responsible for every bad thing that has happened in this country since the War of 1812, and conversation evolves (or devolves) from there.

The dirty little secret is that virtually all of our domestic and foreign policies were originally the result of a bipartisan consensus, and both parties overlap in many ways. Hate to disappoint anyone, but comparing the Democrats to the Republicans is more like comparing a 1965 Chevrolet Impala to a 1965 Ford Galaxie, not, say, comparing the Galaxie to an Austin Mini. There are differences, but they aren't THAT dramatic.

Republicans are happy to use government intervention to boost certain industries, and Republicans know they cannot ever abolish Social Security or Medicare, as their constituents wouldn't stand for it.

Plenty of Democrats, meanwhile, are very rich and have absolutely no intention of giving up their wealth and living the simple life (or even a typical middle-class life), and they also know that it is not healthy to exempt a large percentage of the population from paying for various government programs in the long run.

Both parties depend heavily on very rich donors to remain viable.

Even before this election, when it came to talking about politics, I just felt...tired, both physically and mentally. Tired of the same arguments, and tired of everything being politicized. I found myself spending more time at curbsideclassics.com, where politics are kept out of the discussion by a mutual agreement among the posters. Meanwhile, it was getting really bad at the TheTruthAboutCars.com, where it was taken as proof of President Obama's perfidy and incompetence if Dan Akerson so much as farted in the GM boardroom.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of interesting automotive topics to be discussed - Ford's attempt to revive Lincoln; Honda's struggle to regain its momentum; GM's ongoing struggle to whip itself into shape; whether Chrysler's Italian partners really have a viable long-term plan for the company; and whether Toyota really has become fat, dumb and happy.

Edited by grbeck

Because a lot of the users of the site navigate it the same way I do: clicking "View New Content". When 80% of the new content is political vitriol, it overshadows the actual site content that people come here to find. If I can get the "Merge" function working again I'll do far less closing and a lot more combining. 90% of these posts don't deserve their own topic. The original post is some attempt at getting a "good jab" in and then all of the responses end up devolving into the exact same finger pointing.

Did anyone else notice a big Mitt Romney sign at the top of the page when you were posting?

Did anyone else notice a big Mitt Romney sign at the top of the page when you were posting?

:headscratch:

Google ads react to keywords on the pages you view. Wouldn't really be too surprising to see political ads from either side of the spectrum here.

And if that was some sort of personal dig at me, what did I just say about that? Maybe you do need another vacation...and a third or fourth or whatever number your on now screen name.

Edited by NickF1011

Wow, with all the bitching, arguing, complaining and personal attacks...somebody really needs a vacation to come up with another name...

Jus' sayin'......

Do you think Cocheese will? He's been calling people names a lot lately, or at least me and Parts.

Goingbroke, telling a non-citizen that they don't live here so I don't care what you think is not a personal attack, despite Nick's feelings. Admittedly it was a bit boisterous but then again I have always suggested that this is not real life to me, this is playtime. I don't take your feelings personal nor do I believe you should take mine. I prefer to come here and argue politics because it's a smaller venue and you get a sense of people's views. It's not fun discussing things with 4,000 others like at the Free Republic because conversations get way to sidetracked and you can't tell who your speaking to. I personally don't dislike any of you, whether or not I believe in your politics or not.

Do you think Cocheese will? He's been calling people names a lot lately, or at least me and Parts.

Actually, I've been doing it for a while. However, your schoolyard whining is a little off. I haven't been calling you names, I've been calling you out. Don't say stupid things, and you won't get called stupid.

You've insulted the Mod of this board, and then wonder why he won't back you. Again, it's a pretty stupid thing to do